Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 14, 2020 at 2:32 AM Post #49,546 of 63,882
I HAD KZ ZS10 Pro and sold it couple of months ago for some reason, I have KZ ZSN Pro that I bought before ZS10 Pro, did not use it much because of harsh treble, I start using ZSN Pro now and don't know how it sound much better than before.
I liked the bass of ZS10 pro but ZSN Pro have more details than ZS10 pro (surely because of elevated highs) but still little bit sharp/tiny.
everybody says ZSX have elevated treble and have bass like ZS10 Pro, so I wonder if ZSX have bass like ZS10 Pro and treble like ZSN Pro (but not sharp or tiny)?
Anyone have all three and can help me decide 'cuz I'm planning to buy ZSX or ZS10 Pro again?
Thanks

Mar 14, 2020 at 2:47 AM Post #49,547 of 63,882
I HAD KZ ZS10 Pro and sold it couple of months ago for some reason, I have KZ ZSN Pro that I bought before ZS10 Pro, did not use it much because of harsh treble, I start using ZSN Pro now and don't know how it sound much better than before.
I liked the bass of ZS10 pro but ZSN Pro have more details than ZS10 pro (surely because of elevated highs) but still little bit sharp/tiny.
everybody says ZSX have elevated treble and have bass like ZS10 Pro, so I wonder if ZSX have bass like ZS10 Pro and treble like ZSN Pro (but not sharp or tiny)?
Anyone have all three and can help me decide 'cuz I'm planning to buy ZSX or ZS10 Pro again?
Thanks
I have them all, ZSX is the best obviously with better tonality and timbre, less harsh, more separation better soundstage and imaging, better details. However I found zs10 pro is more detail than zsn pro, zsn pro is more boosted on high mids that perceive more clarity and fake details but its more shouty. ZSX have more real details than both, basically better in every aspect. And zsx isnt have elevated trebles like zs10 pro, they are more polite trebles, more relaxed.

Mar 14, 2020 at 3:02 AM Post #49,548 of 63,882
Thank you DynamicEars for quick reply. yeah zs10 pro had details, I sold zs10 pro couple of months ago and start using zsn pro after few months maybe that's the reason I don't remember the difference now. I think I'll go for ZSX. thanks again for reply.
by the way you got a big collection, what's your favorite?

Mar 14, 2020 at 3:39 AM Post #49,549 of 63,882
Thanks

d5HLeGd.png

Second DynamicEars's comment on these too. I had all 3 of them at some point in time, but eventually passed them to my friends since I don't use them much anymore. I found the ZSX to be nicest out of the lot. To me I also found that the treble on the ZSX isn't as metallic sounding or as fatiguing as the other 2.

Mar 14, 2020 at 6:00 AM Post #49,551 of 63,882
Thank you DynamicEars for quick reply. yeah zs10 pro had details, I sold zs10 pro couple of months ago and start using zsn pro after few months maybe that's the reason I don't remember the difference now. I think I'll go for ZSX. thanks again for reply.
by the way you got a big collection, what's your favorite?
d5HLeGd.png

Second DynamicEars's comment on these too. I had all 3 of them at some point in time, but eventually passed them to my friends since I don't use them much anymore. I found the ZSX to be nicest out of the lot. To me I also found that the treble on the ZSX isn't as metallic sounding or as fatiguing as the other 2.
thanks axhng for reply, which one do you use that's better than these KZs?
I'm just concern about the size of zsx, it's definitely bigger than both, zs10 pro and zsn pro was/is fairly comfortable for me don't know how's zsx will fit.

yes as @axhng also mentioned, the better timbre i said before means the ZSX is maybe 1 of the best timbre you can find in KZ, ZS10 Pro is suffer from metallic sounding timbre for me, very audible, especially on strings instuments.

as for the size and comfort, ZSX is bigger than both but still comfortable even though the faceplate is weird in shape. My only concern is the protrude at first but it turns out quite comfortable, not the best, but i can deal with. comfort wise only, the ZS10 pro / ZSN pro is more comfort obviously.

my favourite in my collection? I've been crazy over the H40 these past weeks, from value wise, sound quality they are crazy good, perhaps I won't be able to find a new target IEM under $500 for a while. Still love my M7 of course but that on another class. While on budget area, ZSX definitely 1 of my favorite. you cant go wrong with them

Mar 14, 2020 at 6:13 AM Post #49,552 of 63,882
thanks axhng for reply, which one do you use that's better than these KZs?
I'm just concern about the size of zsx, it's definitely bigger than both, zs10 pro and zsn pro was/is fairly comfortable for me don't know how's zsx will fit.

I use the Yamaha EPH-200 mostly these days because I prefer wearing IEMs cable down since I wear glasses, so that kind of bullet style design is a little nicer to me. Though I don't really think of that as way better than the ZSX other than having a more natural sounding treble timbre to me. It's a single dynamic driver setup, so it has its limitations. It's also more expensive, but i just find it more convenient for my use, and also I love its design. I had the Etymotic ER2XR too and that was awesome in its own ways, but it was very rough on my ears since I often need to remove them occasionally. That repeated insertion and removal isn't fun. haha. For me all 3 KZs fitted me fine though, and for my ears, they're all quite comfortable for me. It's mostly just the faceplate that looks big imo.

yes as @axhng also mentioned, the better timbre i said before means the ZSX is maybe 1 of the best timbre you can find in KZ, ZS10 Pro is suffer from metallic sounding timbre for me, very audible, especially on strings instuments.

as for the size and comfort, ZSX is bigger than both but still comfortable even though the faceplate is weird in shape. My only concern is the protrude at first but it turns out quite comfortable, not the best, but i can deal with. comfort wise only, the ZS10 pro / ZSN pro is more comfort obviously.

my favourite in my collection? I've been crazy over the H40 these past weeks, from value wise, sound quality they are crazy good, perhaps I won't be able to find a new target IEM under $500 for a while. Still love my M7 of course but that on another class. While on budget area, ZSX definitely 1 of my favorite. you cant go wrong with them

I didn't get to try the M7, but I was at a shopping around for IEMs a while back and was looking at the XBA-N3, so went to a Sony store to try them. Ended up not liking it much because it sounded way too bassy for my liking. The staff recommended the IER-M9 to me, and really love how it sounded. But well, that is on another class as you mentioned. Not just in terms of sound, but also in price. :p

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2020 at 7:26 AM Post #49,553 of 63,882
I've done a slater mod on my kz zs10 pros to tame the treble a bit. But I'm too lazy to get 3m tape, so I completely covered the nozzles with brown packing tape. I much prefer the sound now and don't have to eq them any more. They even sound great over apt x and aac bluetooth with my headsets. I think I'm gonna have to mod my normal zs 10 too.

I previously used the tissue mod, but I broke one of the screen filters. So covering them with tape does the job. I really think the ba drivers in nozzles should be dampered. I don't know why they don't come filtered.
(edit, typo, screen keyboard)

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2020 at 7:49 AM Post #49,555 of 63,882
I've done a slater mod on my kz zs10 pros to tame the treble a bit. But I'm too lazy to get 3m tape, so I completely covered the nozzles with brown packing tape. I much prefer the sound now and don't have to eq them any more. They even sound great over apt x and aac bluetooth with my headsets. I think I'm gonna have to mod my normal zs 10 too.

I previously used the tissue mod, but I broke one of the screen filters. So covering them with tape does the job. I really think the ba drivers in nozzles should be dampered. I don't know why they don't come filtered.
(edit, typo, screen keyboard)

I agree. The dampers are like $2 retail. Buying them in the qty KZ would need, they’d probably be 1/4 that. I don’t think that’s too much to ask when the asking price for KZs upper models is $50-$80

Mar 14, 2020 at 8:25 AM Post #49,556 of 63,882
@ChristianM You can check out the CCA C12, that should fit the same as the ZS10 Pro but also an upgrade in sound to it.

Mar 14, 2020 at 11:45 PM Post #49,558 of 63,882
I have the ST1 coming soon. What do you think of it?

the highs can be a bit aggressive at times - mostly they are fine though, mids/voices appears to be nice and I seem to prefer the bass over the one from TRN V90

the fit is rather good and doesn't require any different tips or tip-rolling / re-positioning of the ST1

I gotta re-listen to it soon-ish though, haven't listened to it for some time (right now having the V90, Tin T2 and **** in rotation)

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2020 at 12:21 AM Post #49,559 of 63,882
d5HLeGd.png

I believe the proper word is “steely”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back