Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 7, 2020 at 11:18 PM Post #49,531 of 63,882
Are you sure it's not the cable?
I'm pretty sure it's the female connector to the right side. I tried plugging it to another iem that can connect to the A-type cable and it works perfectly.

Mar 8, 2020 at 12:21 AM Post #49,533 of 63,882
Got the TRN V90 and they're not so different of a sound signature from the ZSX, though I think the V90 is slightly more sibilant up in the female vocal ranges. ZSX edges out on soundstage. A/B I think the ZSX is more forward with better clarity and also extends higher while still being controlled. V90 more flat with slightly better mids. Both sound miles better than my iBasso. Comfort & Isolation about the same. Both are great, but probably going to stick with ZSX.

Mar 8, 2020 at 1:24 AM Post #49,534 of 63,882
Got the TRN V90 and they're not so different of a sound signature from the ZSX, though I think the V90 is slightly more sibilant up in the female vocal ranges. ZSX edges out on soundstage. A/B I think the ZSX is more forward with better clarity and also extends higher while still being controlled. V90 more flat with slightly better mids. Both sound miles better than my iBasso. Comfort & Isolation about the same. Both are great, but probably going to stick with ZSX.

how is the fatigue for longer listening between both ?

Mar 8, 2020 at 6:18 AM Post #49,536 of 63,882
Try cleaning the pins using something like contact cleaner, residue build up can cause connection issues.
I might do that later, although take note that I rarely used it. Really hoping that it's just residue lol.
Have you tried comparing it to CCA C12? It's honestly on my buylist, but I'm pretty torn between it and ZS10 Pro or ZSX. I just wanna complete my hybrid collection and I want something that isn't too much on the bass and too hot for the highs.

Mar 8, 2020 at 8:36 AM Post #49,537 of 63,882

How does the bass compare? (Quality and quantity)

Mar 8, 2020 at 9:04 AM Post #49,538 of 63,882
I'm pretty sure it's the female connector to the right side. I tried plugging it to another iem that can connect to the A-type cable and it works perfectly.

Try gently splaying the pins on the 2-pin cable a very small amount. It will make better contact with the female socket in the ZS3.

Mar 8, 2020 at 12:56 PM Post #49,540 of 63,882
Mar 12, 2020 at 4:58 PM Post #49,541 of 63,882
add the qkv vk4 to the mix, had them forgotten :cold_sweat:

that's the trio infernale: TRN ST1, KZ ZSN Pro, QKZ VK4 - regular earphones from the supermarket and the default electronic store don't have a chance with cheap upgrade cables :L3000:

(edit: ZSN Pro, there doesn't appear to be a ZST Pro)
I have the ST1 coming soon. What do you think of it?

Mar 12, 2020 at 5:36 PM Post #49,542 of 63,882
Just so you know: the Faaeals have some inherent issues that are very hard to work around (stabbing mids, driver flex, no treble), and are prone to spontaneous combustion.
I’m assuming you took to them with a blow torch.
I actually don’t mind my hibiscus. They fit really well and have a different sound that’s different to many of my other iems. Treble is a bit less intense and are very relaxing to listen to. A bit more mids and bass orientated. I don’t find the mids stabbing.
I actually pick them up before my BA5s. Go figure!

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2020 at 6:09 PM Post #49,543 of 63,882
I’m assuming you took to them with a blow torch.
I actually don’t mind my hibiscus. They fit really well and have a different sound that’s different to many of my other iems. Treble is a bit less intense and are very relaxing to listen to. A bit more mids and bass orientated. I don’t find the mids stabbing.
I actually pick them up before my BA5s. Go figure!
Ya got me :wink:
I probably just got a defective set. Or defective hearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back