Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 20, 2020 at 8:20 PM Post #49,501 of 63,834
Some people prefer their sound signature warm.

The BLON cult's box itself says "Let Music Burn"
So we all better follow the BLON cult leader's advise in burning in our IEMs.

WhatsApp_Image_2019-10-09_at_18.29.18.jpeg

Feb 21, 2020 at 7:11 AM Post #49,502 of 63,834
Still enjoying KZ ZSX after all this time.
I know there may be better iems than the zsx at the same price point but after giving it a go, I'm sold and I've stopped looking at other stuff. I even gave up on head-fi for a while. The zsx may not be the best but it suits me just fine.

Feb 21, 2020 at 7:36 AM Post #49,503 of 63,834
I also like the KZ ZSX, where X=7.
1582288567290.png

Feb 22, 2020 at 6:06 AM Post #49,505 of 63,834
I've been away from KZ since it seems no news of any release (maybe due to the current epidemic, who knows), but couldn't help sharing what I saw from the PV of a song from a Japanese band:

King Gnu - Hakujitsu

I might be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that's the KZ AS06?

Yep, that's an AS06 alright.
I saw a band also using KZ ZS10 for actual monitoring too. Chi-fi has come a long way

Feb 24, 2020 at 10:35 AM Post #49,506 of 63,834
So I been out a minute. Is there anything that would be considered an upgrade from the ZSX? How about a full-size equivalent? My eyes are on the Philips X2HR since they're pretty cheap on Amazon currently.

Feb 24, 2020 at 1:00 PM Post #49,509 of 63,834
I made up a little graphic to show the difference between the different types of KZ cables, since a lot of people are confused on this.

Para ABC.jpg

Feel free to use the image when/where/how you want.
Paragraph A will fit Moondrop Kanas/KXXS/Starfield, right? Planning on using the Starfield stock cable with my ZS7 and my current ZS7 upgrade cable with the Starfield.

Feb 24, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #49,510 of 63,834
Paragraph A will fit Moondrop Kanas/KXXS/Starfield, right? Planning on using the Starfield stock cable with my ZS7 and my current ZS7 upgrade cable with the Starfield.

Unfortunately, I don’t know. I don’t own any Kanas products.

I’m sure someone else will know :)

Feb 24, 2020 at 3:09 PM Post #49,511 of 63,834
Most of KZ 2-pins are 0.75mm, while IEMS like the Kanas or any of its variants are using slightly big 0.78mm pins. You could probably try fitting them but you should know this beforehand when trying to "experimentally" put a cable.

Feb 24, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #49,512 of 63,834

Yes it will fit but be warned! KZ pins are .75 while the standard 2 pins are .78. Once you plug it in you can't use the .75 pins anymore, it'll just fall off as it will loosen the terminals.

Feb 24, 2020 at 5:18 PM Post #49,513 of 63,834
Yes it will fit but be warned! KZ pins are .75 while the standard 2 pins are .78. Once you plug it in you can't use the .75 pins anymore, it'll just fall off as it will loosen the terminals.

I guess I just got lucky then. I was using a .78 cable with my ZS7, and I just put my stock .75 cable back on it. It's holding fine with no issues. That said, this is the first time I've ever unplugged the .78 cable so maybe it's the repeated plugging that loosens it.

Feb 24, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #49,514 of 63,834
I guess I just got lucky then. I was using a .78 cable with my ZS7, and I just put my stock .75 cable back on it. It's holding fine with no issues. That said, this is the first time I've ever unplugged the .78 cable so maybe it's the repeated plugging that loosens it.

When you think about those measurements for those pin sizes you realize that the difference is minimal. Anyway, is it really possible that they are EXACTLY those measurements. I use them interchangeably, although once I have selected my final cable for an IEM I stick with it. Surely repeated plugging and unplugging is stressful for any connectors.

Feb 24, 2020 at 6:31 PM Post #49,515 of 63,834
Yes, I agree. I'm the same way, as once I select a cable, it stays on that set for a long time. Repetitive unplugging and plugging will cause the tiny sockets in the iems and the pins on the cable to wear down. People need to realize that these small devices are NOT as big or robustly built as the terminals of full sized home audio gear, such as amps, preamps, speakers, etc. Just because an iem manufacturer gives the consumer the ability to replace the cable, doesn't mean that their product was ever designed to to accommodate multiple cable swaps. I'm sure most would say that the option is included because cables can sometimes break or fail, so designing an iem with a removable cable makes sense so as to let the customer to continue enjoying their purchase once the cable wears out. I highly doubt that any iem with removable cables was ever designed to accommodate frequent and multiple connections and disconnection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back