Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 5, 2020 at 10:46 PM Post #49,246 of 63,915
Got myself a new solder iron and finally finished modding my ATRs. I also decided to install mmcx connectors in my ED9s. It was kinda fun to breath some new life into a couple of old favorites. 20200105_140004.jpg 20200105_132528.jpg

Jan 5, 2020 at 11:10 PM Post #49,247 of 63,915
Got myself a new solder iron and finally finished modding my ATRs. I also decided to install mmcx connectors in my ED9s. It was kinda fun to breath some new life into a couple of old favorites.

Nice job!

Jan 6, 2020 at 12:16 AM Post #49,249 of 63,915
Nice job!
Thank you!
Any guide for the ed9 mmcx mod? I mean I would be quite content with ed9 at work all day if I could pimp a different cable or even possibly a BT cable.
Sorry I don't have a guide for the mod and I didn't think to take any pictures of the process. If you have experience soldering other iems or small electronics it shouldn't be too difficult. The two most challenging parts of the mod are widening the hole that the connector is going into and the lack of space inside the ed9s. To widen the hole, I used a dremel with a cylinder shaped diamond burr bit and just went slow checking the fit frequently. A pair of needle nose tweezers is pretty much a must when soldering the wires to the drivers and if you have a pair with a curved tip that's even better. I used the type B connectors in this link.
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/33035633031.html

Jan 6, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #49,250 of 63,915
Have you "forget" the both module left and right from your phone? And try to connect right module with left module while your phone bt is turned off. Once i got this problem what i did is forget the connection, reset the both module by keep pressing until 10seconds until they turned off by themselves, and after go into pairing mode, press once on right module, wait 2 seconds, press once on left module, then turn on your phone bluetooth and connect to right module. Dont let them connect to your phone directly before they connect each other. Hopefully it works
I give up. Tried on 2 pairs of bt20, but they failed to pair to each other.

I used to have success with the instructions below, but totally failed this time. Any further advise is much appreciated.

1: Long press button on both modules for about 5 seconds for Left/Right pairing sequence.
2. Once there, press the button on Right module 2 times quickly. The Left / Right are paired. You'll see the light on one of the module fades and turns offs. Left/Right Pairing is done.
3. Switch off the modules.
4. To pair with phone, long press for 3~5 seconds, and turn on BT module on handphone / laptop to search and pair. It will pair as per any normal BT module now.
5. If left/right pairing fails, you can reset/redo the pairing by long pressing the buttons for both modules for 15 seconds to clear the memory. And repeat from Step 1.

Jan 6, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #49,251 of 63,915
I give up. Tried on 2 pairs of bt20, but they failed to pair to each other.

I used to have success with the instructions below, but totally failed this time. Any further advise is much appreciated.

1: Long press button on both modules for about 5 seconds for Left/Right pairing sequence.
2. Once there, press the button on Right module 2 times quickly. The Left / Right are paired. You'll see the light on one of the module fades and turns offs. Left/Right Pairing is done.
3. Switch off the modules.
4. To pair with phone, long press for 3~5 seconds, and turn on BT module on handphone / laptop to search and pair. It will pair as per any normal BT module now.
5. If left/right pairing fails, you can reset/redo the pairing by long pressing the buttons for both modules for 15 seconds to clear the memory. And repeat from Step 1.

Thats totally wrong, look for my instruction before

To pair the right and left unit, press once on right module then wait 1-2 second, press once on left module (not quickly press only the the right module 2x)

After that do not turn off the module, just connect with your phone.

But i guess you already done it wrong, so you have to total reset both unit first. Go back check my previous post

Jan 6, 2020 at 4:39 PM Post #49,252 of 63,915
Why are Bluetooth devices so hard to pair up?

Jan 6, 2020 at 10:27 PM Post #49,253 of 63,915
Thats totally wrong, look for my instruction before

To pair the right and left unit, press once on right module then wait 1-2 second, press once on left module (not quickly press only the the right module 2x)

After that do not turn off the module, just connect with your phone.

But i guess you already done it wrong, so you have to total reset both unit first. Go back check my previous post

You mean press once on right module after the voice notice saying "pairing" ?

Jan 6, 2020 at 11:12 PM Post #49,254 of 63,915
Jan 6, 2020 at 11:18 PM Post #49,255 of 63,915
You mean press once on right module after the voice notice saying "pairing" ?

yes press once on right module, then press once on left module

but remember to reset all module first by keep pressing and holding until 10 seconds from "turn on" --> "pairing" ----> keep pressing ---> "na na na (3 times note)" keep pressing ----> "na na na (3 times note) and your both module are automatically turned off.

now they are already in factory default state.

so now turn on both your right and left module, keep pressing until you heard "pairing", then press once on your right module, then press once on your left module. this way your left module will stop blinking (no light), while your right module is still blinking red blue red blue (this means your left module already connected to your right module as a slave, and your right module is waiting to be paired with your phone)

now turn on your bluetooth, look for TRN BT20 and connect. thats all

Jan 7, 2020 at 9:12 AM Post #49,256 of 63,915
yes press once on right module, then press once on left module

but remember to reset all module first by keep pressing and holding until 10 seconds from "turn on" --> "pairing" ----> keep pressing ---> "na na na (3 times note)" keep pressing ----> "na na na (3 times note) and your both module are automatically turned off.

now they are already in factory default state.

so now turn on both your right and left module, keep pressing until you heard "pairing", then press once on your right module, then press once on your left module. this way your left module will stop blinking (no light), while your right module is still blinking red blue red blue (this means your left module already connected to your right module as a slave, and your right module is waiting to be paired with your phone)

now turn on your bluetooth, look for TRN BT20 and connect. thats all
Many thanks. All is good now. I missed this part, "keep pressing ----> "na na na (3 times note) and your both module are automatically turned off.""

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2020 at 9:24 AM Post #49,257 of 63,915
Many thanks. All is good now. I missed this part, "keep pressing ----> "na na na (3 times note) and your both module are automatically turned off.""

Glad that finally you got them works, i did write before seems like you miss that. Anyway enjoy now

Jan 7, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #49,258 of 63,915
I got some Shuoer H27s for $99 on Amazon (there is a coupon check box for -$10).
1 DD and 2 Knowles BA’s and I love these things. Great low end and non-sibilant high end with tons of detail.
I had to try them, got that “you must buy” and try these Shuoers with Knowles BA’s and I’m enjoying them immensely. I’ve read impressions that “they are just another Chifi iem”- but to me they are bloody perfect. Tuning on both Shuoers I own is excellent. A brand to keep an eye on, for me at least.
My ears and my impressions, yours may vary wildly.:beerchug:

oops wrong thread, please move to $100 or under thread...sorry folks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back