Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 2, 2020 at 9:01 PM Post #49,231 of 63,960
So I just upgraded my zs10 pro’s with a tripowin c8 cable. I got the 2.5mm balanced cable in preparation for the es100 I have coming. Also got a fiio bl35 to go with it, just in case I want to use se. I have to say that it sounds great playing off of my btr3 in se right now. I’m not a big believer in cables making a difference in sound, but I swear things sound crisper. Am I nuts?

Jan 2, 2020 at 9:28 PM Post #49,232 of 63,960
So I just upgraded my zs10 pro’s with a tripowin c8 cable. I got the 2.5mm balanced cable in preparation for the es100 I have coming. Also got a fiio bl35 to go with it, just in case I want to use se. I have to say that it sounds great playing off of my btr3 in se right now. I’m not a big believer in cables making a difference in sound, but I swear things sound crisper. Am I nuts?
Different materials used on the flow of electricity can make a difference even to the audible ear. For example, there is copper, silver-plated, gold-plated, and even mixed cables offered at different price ranges for the benefit of better cables, which carry the better flow of electricity for a slight improvement in the overall sound signature and majority of most IEM's. Also, ear tips further helps to slightly change the sound as well.

Hope this helps to know that you're not nuts! :wink:

-Clear

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2020 at 9:39 PM Post #49,233 of 63,960
Different materials used on the flow of electricity can make a difference even to the audible ear. For example, there is copper, silver-plated, gold-plated, and even mixed cables offered at different price ranges for the benefit of better cables, which carry the better flow of electricity for a slight improvement in the overall sound signature and majority of most IEM's. Also, ear tips further helps to slightly change the sound as well.

Hope this helps to no that you're not nuts! :wink:

-Clear

I already run foam tips on them, can’t stand silicone tips. It says it’s a silver copper foil wire. I don’t care what it’s made of, looks great and sounds great!

Jan 2, 2020 at 10:33 PM Post #49,234 of 63,960
First off, congrats on stepping up to a balanced cable. I don't own the Tripowin you have, but I do own a number of other brands of 2.5 balanced cables from JCally, Nicehck and ISN Audio. Going balanced will make a nice improvement when you get your ES100. BTW, I'm rocking my ZS10 PRO right now with a balanced JCally cable through the balanced output of my ES100. Using Newbee foam tips. Aerosmith playing right now on Spotify Premium. This is my current favorite daily driver combo, and listen to this setup at least 3-4 times a week. With the ZS10 PRO/balanced cable/foam tips/ES100 combo...you will always be asking yourself...why would I need to pay more? This combo (at least imho, and to my ears) is better than my old $10,000+ high end home audio speaker based system.

Jan 2, 2020 at 11:06 PM Post #49,235 of 63,960
7457C8BE-ED1D-4798-BBD9-8E4EED89C40F.jpeg

btr3, bl35, tripowin c8, zs10pro.

Jan 3, 2020 at 1:46 AM Post #49,236 of 63,960
My trn bt20 can no longer pair to each other although I have tried to reset/clear the memory and re-pair following various instructions (turn on - enter pairing mode - press the right button twice / press both left/right button once). Any advise? Many thanks!

Jan 3, 2020 at 7:22 AM Post #49,237 of 63,960
My trn bt20 can no longer pair to each other although I have tried to reset/clear the memory and re-pair following various instructions (turn on - enter pairing mode - press the right button twice / press both left/right button once). Any advise? Many thanks!

1. Turn off your phone bluetooth
2. Press and hold the BT20 (right and left) until around 8-10 seconds until you heard sound notification and keep pressing until they turned off (after "pairing" sound keep pressing until notification note sound, and keep pressing until automatically turned off) - this will factory reset your BT20
3. Turn on and hold until 5 second until you heard pairing..
4. Press once on your right module, then press once on your left module - your left module will stop blinking, with your right module now blinking red blue red blue red blue
5. Turn on your phone BT, search for TRN BT20, you should be connected to your right module and hence automatically connected to left slave module.
6. Give me a treat

Jan 3, 2020 at 10:04 PM Post #49,239 of 63,960
Many thanks for the instructions. I tried, but still the left and right modules did not connect to each other.

Did you drop it? Have you try to recharge them?
If not then must be something faulty with your unit. Did they splashed by water or much sweat?
Im sorry but maybe they are broken then.
How long do you have the BT20?

Jan 4, 2020 at 6:19 AM Post #49,240 of 63,960
I have my bt20 for over a year now. I guess I dropped it once, but it still worked well after that. Have tried to fully recharge them. Strange that each of the module can connect and work well with my phone. But the 2 modules simply cannot "find" each other.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2020 at 9:50 AM Post #49,241 of 63,960
I have my bt20 for over a year now. I guess I dropped it once, but it still worked well after that. Have tried to fully recharge them. Strange that each of the module can connect and work well with my phone. But the 2 modules simply cannot "find" each other.

Have you "forget" the both module left and right from your phone? And try to connect right module with left module while your phone bt is turned off. Once i got this problem what i did is forget the connection, reset the both module by keep pressing until 10seconds until they turned off by themselves, and after go into pairing mode, press once on right module, wait 2 seconds, press once on left module, then turn on your phone bluetooth and connect to right module. Dont let them connect to your phone directly before they connect each other. Hopefully it works

Jan 4, 2020 at 6:06 PM Post #49,242 of 63,960
Yes. Hold the button down for approx 12 seconds on both sets. They switch on going into pairing mode, then reset. Then when you power them back on they re pair each other, like you just got them out if the box. It took me hours one day to this, so I feel your frustration.

Jan 5, 2020 at 4:07 AM Post #49,243 of 63,960
Just bought KZ S1D TWS in green. Looks neat, feels like typical KZ - good materials, nice case etc. Although got a problem - after like an hour of listening the bitrate jumping up and down (or feels like it) every few minutes. Listening through my iPhone 11. Anyone got same problem on these earphones or maybe any other TWS? Thanks!

Jan 5, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #49,244 of 63,960
My first week on head-fi: $10 was considered a lot to pay for an IEM
My first month, $25 was a lot for premium IEM
After 2 months, why not try $50 to see if results were twice as good.
My 3rd month, I learned you can't get a good IEM for under $100.
Month 4, to get TOTL at budget cost, the DM6 and KPE are only $200.
The fifth month, why settle for those when you can get Andro quality in T800 for $300.
Six months in, I learned that the $5 MH755 for many uses is good enough.

Bottom line: the value of something is whether or not it brings you enjoyment of your music.

Thank you very much. If your are not an audiophil so it doesn`t make sense to spend more than 50 USD for your equipment.
I also dont need a new a pair of headphones every month. If you are audiophil it would be better when you spend 100 USD on one pair of headphones instead of 5 pairs of chifi.
I realised that after i move to another home. All this headphones, cables, ... that you do not need. Thus i decide to spend my money wisely. Sorry for my english.

Jan 5, 2020 at 7:17 PM Post #49,245 of 63,960
IEMs at ~$35-$75 feel most rewarding now (capabilities for the price) with the likes of KZ ZSX, CCA C12, TRN V90 on the lower end, and LZ A6 mini, Nicehck NX7, CCA C16 at the upper boundary.

This is a really great segment (and great time) to enjoy IEM progress now, I am biased to think.

Also, buying sceintific equipment I once learned that two pieces may function more efficient and be less costly than a single piece with the capabilities of both.
So having several IEMs with different signatures is both efffective and enjoyable.

EQ can help a lot, as long as not try to "add more" ( it is hard to add what may not be there) but to trim a bit, especially treble, to enjoy it more.

Then 2-3 ~$50 IEMs can bring a lot of music enjoyment :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back