Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 17, 2019 at 9:52 PM Post #48,901 of 63,907
How is the isolation on the KZ ES4s? They seem like they'd be ideal for the bus where I wanna keep the volume low and don't care too much about sound quality + a price under $25ish. The sound signature seems to be more mid-forward from what I've read compared to other KZ buds which is a nice bonus.

I have the ZSNs which aren't very good at isolation with any tip I've tried and the ZS4s which isolate perfectly but are extremely uncomfortable to wear. The shape of the ES4s seems a bit smaller than the ZSNs so I'm hopeful that it will isolate better but without the discomfort of the ZS4s. Also had the EDR1s but those obviously aren't made for much isolation beyond the basic.

I'll consider other options as well of course.

Nov 19, 2019 at 12:03 AM Post #48,902 of 63,907
Yes BLON is harder to drive than the ZSX. With my BT20s, I need to go to 84-90% with BLON, while with ZSX, 80% is plenty loud.

Sorry to quote a post from a while back, but Iv'e just ordered both of these (BLON 03 & KZ ZSX), and I'm looking to pick up a pair of BT20S as well - will probably use one as a TWS, and one wired.

Aside from the volume difference, does one of these IEMs go better with the BT20S than the other? (I think they have different pin size, so want to buy the right pin size for the one I'm more likely to use)

If it makes a difference, I'd probably use the BT20S pair mostly for (non-FPS) gaming paired with a Genki bluetooth transmitter on Nintendo Switch. For music listening I'd probably use the other pair wired with DAP (but I guess I'd listen to some music on the bluetooth one as well). I'm a basshead, and listen mostly to hip hop, and a bit of pop/"edm" (as the kids call it these days!).

Any thoughts from those who have both would be much appreciated! Pretty new to the chi-fi world! (Although I do have a pair of ZS5 as well)

Nov 19, 2019 at 1:19 AM Post #48,903 of 63,907
Sorry to quote a post from a while back, but Iv'e just ordered both of these (BLON 03 & KZ ZSX), and I'm looking to pick up a pair of BT20S as well - will probably use one as a TWS, and one wired.

Aside from the volume difference, does one of these IEMs go better with the BT20S than the other? (I think they have different pin size, so want to buy the right pin size for the one I'm more likely to use)

If it makes a difference, I'd probably use the BT20S pair mostly for (non-FPS) gaming paired with a Genki bluetooth transmitter on Nintendo Switch. For music listening I'd probably use the other pair wired with DAP (but I guess I'd listen to some music on the bluetooth one as well). I'm a basshead, and listen mostly to hip hop, and a bit of pop/"edm" (as the kids call it these days!).

Any thoughts from those who have both would be much appreciated! Pretty new to the chi-fi world! (Although I do have a pair of ZS5 as well)

Well bt20s has aptx. Both ZSX and BLON are pretty good paired with bt20s. I am using my bt20s to play dota2 and I do find it works just fine. get the 0.75mm two pin for both ZSX and BLON. I think the ZSX will be better for edm than the BLON, but I listen to everything using BLON and find it just fine.

Nov 19, 2019 at 7:46 AM Post #48,904 of 63,907
get the 0.75mm two pin for both ZSX and BLON.
I’m a bit hesitant to use the BT20S on both, cause I read that 2-pin sockets can loosen over time with repeated connection. Trying to minimise the changing of cables.

Plus isn’t the BLON 0.78mm 2-pin? (I know the 0.75mm 2-pin would probably fit ok, but I thought I would be better off getting the correct size?)

Nov 19, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #48,906 of 63,907
Nov 19, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #48,907 of 63,907
ZS10 Pro and ZS7 lover? A HeadFier after my own heart :)

ok I’ll let go of the buy button for ZSX and keep enjoying my ZS7 and ZS10 Pro... lol

when can we expect the successor to the ZSX?

Nov 19, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #48,908 of 63,907
ok I’ll let go of the buy button for ZSX and keep enjoying my ZS7 and ZS10 Pro... lol

Sooner rather than later I reckon

Nov 19, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #48,909 of 63,907

It's been a long time already in the KZ world. I reckon it'll be a carbon DD!

Nov 20, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #48,913 of 63,907
Can I wish for a ZS7 successor with even better sub-bass :wink:
KZ did say that the ZSX was "the terminator of the hybrid series" so that may not happen, but yes, an improved ZS7 would be great!

Nov 20, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #48,914 of 63,907

BLON would work better than zsx because it is less sensitive. The zsx would hiss significantly more with the bt20s

Nov 20, 2019 at 7:04 PM Post #48,915 of 63,907
BLON would work better than zsx because it is less sensitive. The zsx would hiss significantly more with the bt20s

Ah cool, yeah might go with the BLON then. I prefer the smaller size of the BLON too, cause if it's going to be TWS, may as well be as small as possible! :)

I think someone earlier in the thread said BLON would be better for gaming anyway, so seems to be the way to go! Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back