Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 9, 2019 at 4:17 AM Post #48,392 of 63,897
when people refer to kz starline tips, are the ones that come with kz zsx starline tips? (not the single pair installed, the ones in a small pack)

The ones that look like they have little notches around the opening.

Oct 9, 2019 at 9:17 AM Post #48,393 of 63,897
Can someone test the mic on the kz table for crosstalk for me? Just play music at listening volume with the earphones in your ears and record to see if it records the music as well
This app will record without pausing music playback on android https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.github.axet.audiorecorder&hl=en

So far I've tested 4-5 Aliexpress cables, they all had varying degrees of crosstalk, so does the final e2000

Thanks!

Y'all buried this with e10 posts. Could anyone help me out with this?

Oct 9, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #48,394 of 63,897
As a former professional brass player, I am also one of the few to not like the timbre of the Tin T2. There is a coloration in the lower mids, you guessed it, right where the trumpets and trombones are at. However, you might try removing the screens. When I did that, they improved a lot for me. Soundstage is still sort of small, though.
I started playing piano aged three and had a short intermezzo with a trumpet (& a well equipped home studio for decades, blah blah ...) so maybe I have some sort of idea what these instruments are supposed to sound like and I really don't get the fuss about the **** (and some others) either, tonally and spatially, but hey ... sometimes it's just for the fun (EDM) and that's what I mainly got my cheapos for. OTOH some of them, like e.g. the R...n... QT5, MH755 or especially the Blons leave some of my more expensive IEMs or cans in the dust here and there, pretty amazing what you can get for 25€ or even less these days.
PS: thanks for the reminder to remove the screens, did that not too long after I got my T2 but it didn't help much to bond with these critters either.

Oct 10, 2019 at 8:42 AM Post #48,396 of 63,897
I have a question here and I hope somebody can help.

I recently bought a kbear 16core QDC cable for my ZSX. However, something seems amiss with the cable pin and iem orientation.

The pins have the L and R guide and so do the ZSX. But, used to the pin directions facing outward, it only fits the curvature of the preformed hook if I plug in the L to the R and vice versa. See attached image.

It doesn't seem to have an effect on the sound and it does fit securely but does it have an actual effect and can it damage my iem or cable? Thanks guys

20191010_203020.jpg

Oct 10, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #48,397 of 63,897
I have a question here and I hope somebody can help.

I recently bought a kbear 16core QDC cable for my ZSX. However, something seems amiss with the cable pin and iem orientation.

The pins have the L and R guide and so do the ZSX. But, used to the pin directions facing outward, it only fits the curvature of the preformed hook if I plug in the L to the R and vice versa. See attached image.

It doesn't seem to have an effect on the sound and it does fit securely but does it have an actual effect and can it damage my iem or cable? Thanks guys

I'm Ok now guys. Found the answer in one obscure japanese blog about "Kinboofi" (so that's what KB is) and I got it all wrong.

Everything sounds good again. Now back to regular programming.

Oct 10, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #48,399 of 63,897
I'm Ok now guys. Found the answer in one obscure japanese blog about "Kinboofi" (so that's what KB is) and I got it all wrong.

Everything sounds good again. Now back to regular programming.

KB ears is Kobe Bryant Ears and not Kinboofi. The owner is a huge Kobe fan. Sounds silly but true

Oct 10, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #48,400 of 63,897
KB ears is Kobe Bryant Ears and not Kinboofi. The owner is a huge Kobe fan. Sounds silly but true

Wait..what? I always thought you were joking. Surely you are?

Oct 10, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #48,401 of 63,897
Oct 10, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #48,402 of 63,897
Wait..what? I always thought you were joking. Surely you are?

Looking at my BLON bl03 box, anything is possible in China lol. I am not even surprised anymore.

Oct 10, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #48,404 of 63,897
Well then, surely he was joking.

Well he got that information from Wendy via email! I find Kobe cooler than Kinboofi! Lol. Although, anything is possible in Chi-fi so I wouldn't be surprised

Users who are viewing this thread

Back