Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 10, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #48,406 of 63,998
Supposedly, the Kobe name thing is the truth, but I am personally a little bit skeptical.

It could really stand for something else, like the owner’s initials, Kinboofi, or some other explanation (and they just don’t want people to know the truth for some odd reason).

At the end of the day though, I really don’t care about the name; only the sound.

Look at all the other goofy names we see in ChiFi - MEGIVEZ, MEBUYZ, Semkarch, BGVP, BQEYZ, The Fragrant Zither, BLON, etc.

Winner Chicken Dinner has to top them all, though:
https://penonaudio.com/winner-iems.html

CDDB47FD-F361-42AF-9DFD-8EBC2335451D.jpeg

As voicemaster said, nothing surprises me anymore lol

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #48,408 of 63,998
KB ears is Kobe Bryant Ears and not Kinboofi. The owner is a huge Kobe fan. Sounds silly but true
Yup! According to Wendy from KB, which has direct contact with me told me that the owner of KB is a big Kobe Bryant fan and used the initials for KB to start off his products. Whether if it's true or not, who ever says otherwise, they can take it up with the KB company. I don't want to be in between...I just write reviews.
So, fingers-crossed, honestly I had nothing to do with it! :smirk::fingers_crossed:

Oct 10, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #48,410 of 63,998
Supposedly, the Kobe name thing is the truth, but I am personally a little bit skeptical.

It could really stand for something else, like the owner’s initials, Kinboofi, or some other explanation (and they just don’t want people to know the truth for some odd reason).

At the end of the day though, I really don’t care about the name; only the sound.

Look at all the other goofy names we see in ChiFi - MEGIVEZ, MEBUYZ, Semkarch, BGVP, BQEYZ, The Fragrant Zither, BLON, etc.

Winner Chicken Dinner has to top them all, though:

As voicemaster said, nothing surprises me anymore lol

Damn how cool is that!!

Oct 10, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #48,411 of 63,998
Damn how cool is that!!

Believe it or not, HBB reviewed them and he actually said they were surprisingly good. Why the stupid name that no one would take seriously is beyond me.

Oct 10, 2019 at 6:25 PM Post #48,412 of 63,998
It's a well known phrase in England "winner, winner, chicken dinner" but supposedly originated in Las Vegas

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2019 at 7:05 PM Post #48,413 of 63,998
I have the KZ ZSX and love them. I've got the tips figured out, and now would like to get a better cable that comes with a mic (bonus for volume up/down buttons too). Can anyone recommend something of the sort? I've searched far and wide, and can't seem to find anything decent besides the cables w/o mic.

Thanks!

Oct 10, 2019 at 7:12 PM Post #48,415 of 63,998
I wont hesitate to say that too. Best KZ to date = ZSX. period.
Tastes differ. As for me I regret buying them. ZS7 sound much better for me. By all means/parameters at that. But again - IMO.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #48,416 of 63,998
sub bass-mid bass proportion and tuning, details, separation, air, etc go to ZSX.
Sub-bass and mid-bass are not enough for me quantitatively and by quality.
TFZ MLE is way better. Sorry for the offtop.

Oct 10, 2019 at 8:17 PM Post #48,417 of 63,998
I have a question here and I hope somebody can help.

I recently bought a kbear 16core QDC cable for my ZSX. However, something seems amiss with the cable pin and iem orientation.

The pins have the L and R guide and so do the ZSX. But, used to the pin directions facing outward, it only fits the curvature of the preformed hook if I plug in the L to the R and vice versa. See attached image.

It doesn't seem to have an effect on the sound and it does fit securely but does it have an actual effect and can it damage my iem or cable? Thanks guys

Did you paint the shells of your ZSX? I have not seen them in black....

Oct 10, 2019 at 8:40 PM Post #48,418 of 63,998
Tastes differ. As for me I regret buying them. ZS7 sound much better for me. By all means/parameters at that. But again - IMO.

Sub-bass and mid-bass are not enough for me quantitatively and by quality.
TFZ MLE is way better. Sorry for the offtop.

technically ZSX maybe better one, but that comes down to personal preferences, while someone prefer balanced one, from my opinion you just are a basshead so thus ZSX cant satisfy your needs. Cheers

Oct 10, 2019 at 8:41 PM Post #48,419 of 63,998
Did you paint the shells of your ZSX? I have not seen them in black....

I think its just the angle of the light/shadow that perceived like darker shades of grey shell cover

Oct 10, 2019 at 10:29 PM Post #48,420 of 63,998
you just are a basshead
You're absolutely right. I AM a basshead. To me ZSX sound lifeless. There's no drive. The key word is "to me".
What might be "better technically" in ZSX, compared to ZS7, you think?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back