Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 13, 2019 at 3:14 AM Post #47,612 of 63,914
True wireless Stereo? like real stereo or relayed stereo?>
The bt20s is like true wireless earbuds like airpods and Galaxy buds, it just turns your iem into one with Bluetooth earhooks

Sep 13, 2019 at 5:16 AM Post #47,613 of 63,914
I only use NICEHCK 8 core copper cables (the ones costing less than 10 bucks from Aliexpress) with my KZs.
In general the KZs are a bit on the brighter side, so I find the copper tames the highs a bit (I know not everyone believes in cables making a difference to sound though). But these 8 core cables feel much nicer to the touch than the KZs for sure

That NiceHCK 8 core is the cable I am using with my most expensive IEM. The IMR Zenith

Well? as I mentioned before, the CCA big boss chatted with me and told me that C12 is overall better than the ZSX in "fit" and "sound". But, I will only find that out when I receive the ZSX this week and compare them to my awesome C12.

Stay tuned...:wink::thumbsup:

I am happy that you are still calling the C12 awesome:) Mine are in the country and will hopefully be delivered tomorrow.... otherwise I will have to wait until Monday.

Sep 13, 2019 at 5:32 AM Post #47,614 of 63,914
Well? as I mentioned before, the CCA big boss chatted with me and told me that C12 is overall better than the ZSX in "fit" and "sound". But, I will only find that out when I receive the ZSX this week and compare them to my awesome C12.

Stay tuned...:wink::thumbsup:

Since likely you know well the cca big boss, so are they actually sister company to KZ? Or just pure another company that are competitor to KZ? Or what? Just curious..

Sep 13, 2019 at 7:32 AM Post #47,615 of 63,914
Got my ZSX today! Really liking them so far. Initially I was underwhelmed, found them uncomfortable and just not sounding as good as I'd expected. After some experimentation I realized I'd been inserting them into my ear too far.

Coming from a ZS 4, I was not used to the more shaped molded shells which these have, so I assumed they were designed to fit down flush against the ear almost like a custom molded pair would, obviously w/o quite the perfect fit, but in a similar way. Definitely a noob mistake! After pulling them out and inserting them properly, comfort is good and the sound opened way up and is now amazing, so if anyone else is having pain or the sound is muddy, maybe try playing around with the fit.

Main reason for my post though is I remember a couple people were disappointed with the light silver color of the face plate - based on the leaks they had been hoping for a darker colored plate. Turns out you get that if you go with the Cyan option! I honestly couldn't tell what they would look like from the photos on Ali - hard to tell if they were dark or if it was just weird photo-shop effects.

I'm uploading some glam shots since I haven't seen any others of the Cyan model online so far and I think it looks quite nice. Please forgive the lint. Wanted the tips on to give a white reference.

Good thing I ordered the cyan variant then :D

Sep 13, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #47,616 of 63,914
ZSX arrived today. Out of the box, excellent sound. Bass: superb. Mids: very impressive. Treble: clean, detailed, no harshness. Soundstage: humongous! More to come plus comparison to C12 when that comes.

Sep 13, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #47,617 of 63,914
ZSX arrived today. Out of the box, excellent sound. Bass: superb. Mids: very impressive. Treble: clean, detailed, no harshness. Soundstage: humongous! More to come plus comparison to C12 when that comes.

Ooh I can't wait for 11/11:grin: After market KZ cable choice currently for me is the TRN 16 Core, absolutely love the dark pewter gray on the blue ZS7's:slight_smile:

U2TRNKZ.JPG

Sep 13, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #47,618 of 63,914
Ooh I can't wait for 11/11:grin: After market KZ cable choice currently for me is the TRN 16 Core, absolutely love the dark pewter gray on the blue ZS7's:slight_smile:

Ha ha! That's the exact cable I'm using, it looks great with the cyan and grey ZSX, it's very comfortable and sounds great too.

Sep 13, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #47,619 of 63,914
Ha ha! That's the exact cable I'm using, it looks great with the cyan and grey ZSX, it's very comfortable and sounds great too.

Yes I've noticed the weave a little more loose than the YY and NICE versions but I have all three and they pretty much sound identical, after seeing some of MB's collection I've really been color coordinating of late:rolling_eyes:

Sep 13, 2019 at 11:05 AM Post #47,620 of 63,914
Yes I've noticed the weave a little more loose than the YY and NICE versions but I have all three and they pretty much sound identical, after seeing some of MB's collection I've really been color coordinating of late:rolling_eyes:
I have been doing the same. I have a very nice blue and silver cable for my ZS7 and was using the TRN cable with the gunmetal BLON BL-03.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #47,621 of 63,914
I have been doing the same. I have a very nice blue and silver cable for my ZS7 and was using the TRN cable with the gunmetal BLON BL-03.

You mean a nice blue like on my IDUN's:grin: That Pewter also looks good on the old P-1's:wink:

Blue and Gray.JPG

I have had to cool it on cables though as they have now exceeded my iem count:scream: LOL Guess I'm going to have to buy more iem's:anguished:

Cable Crazy.JPG

Sep 13, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #47,622 of 63,914

I really like those TRN cables for their conductivity, looks and flexibility and ended up with 6 of them, lol ... 3 balanced (0.75, 0.78, MMCX) and 3 more with 3.5mm jacks.

IMG_20190913_162304-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #47,623 of 63,914
You mean a nice blue like on my IDUN's:grin: That Pewter also looks good on the old P-1's:wink:

I have had to cool it on cables though as they have now exceeded my iem count:scream: LOL Guess I'm going to have to buy more iem's:anguished:

That blue cable looks just like mine. It's from a banned brand. I'm going to need a gold coloured cable to go with my gold C12 when it gets here!

Sep 13, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #47,624 of 63,914

Could u compare the ZSX with the ZS10 Pro too? TIA!

Sep 13, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #47,625 of 63,914
I really like those TRN cables for their conductivity, looks and flexibility and ended up with 6 of them, lol ... 3 balanced (0.75, 0.78, MMCX) and 3 more with 3.5mm jacks.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one with issues Arch:beerchug: Exactly @Nimweth :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back