Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 12, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #47,582 of 63,950
Id hate to wait several weeks for a new IEM to come in, just to find that they're really uncomfortable. And then have to send them all the way back to China. Ive never had to do a return on Ali yet. Not sure what to expect if such a problem occurred.

If you’re thinking you would send them back, then just buy from Amazon. Because to ship it back to China is going to cost almost as much as you paid for the earphone.

That’s not the fault of Aliexpress though; it’s the postal service and trade/tariff issues.

Sep 12, 2019 at 9:49 PM Post #47,583 of 63,950
I've had the ZS10 Pro for a few days now and I think there every bit as good as my Tin T2 but also better in some ways. They are a touch more detailed as they should be with 4 BAs but the bass is quite a bit better than the T2. Even though I have a few IEMs I'm a headphone guy when I'm at home but I actually like using these at home form time to time over my headphones especially when I'm laying down to go to sleep. For $50 you really can't go wrong with these.
ZS10 PRO really is a great sounding all rounder. It has been my first foray into KZ gear, and I really enjoy this set especially for it's price. Honestly, every time I listen to them I can't believe they are less than $50. I enjoy them alot, and I constantly rec them to people who are looking for a fun, detailed and energetic sound a fairly inexpensive price.

Sep 12, 2019 at 10:19 PM Post #47,584 of 63,950
Got my ZSX today! Really liking them so far. Initially I was underwhelmed, found them uncomfortable and just not sounding as good as I'd expected. After some experimentation I realized I'd been inserting them into my ear too far.

Coming from a ZS 4, I was not used to the more shaped molded shells which these have, so I assumed they were designed to fit down flush against the ear almost like a custom molded pair would, obviously w/o quite the perfect fit, but in a similar way. Definitely a noob mistake! After pulling them out and inserting them properly, comfort is good and the sound opened way up and is now amazing, so if anyone else is having pain or the sound is muddy, maybe try playing around with the fit.

Main reason for my post though is I remember a couple people were disappointed with the light silver color of the face plate - based on the leaks they had been hoping for a darker colored plate. Turns out you get that if you go with the Cyan option! I honestly couldn't tell what they would look like from the photos on Ali - hard to tell if they were dark or if it was just weird photo-shop effects.

I'm uploading some glam shots since I haven't seen any others of the Cyan model online so far and I think it looks quite nice. Please forgive the lint. Wanted the tips on to give a white reference.

Damn I got the black ones because they shipped faster. Admittedly i did want a blue shell, i had no idea about the darker metal! I don't think the stock lighter metal looks bad, but the darker one of yours looks better imo. I might make use of the easy Amazon return policy to swap it lol

They still look great though, here's a beauty shot of mine
NgRWHUZ.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2019 at 11:28 PM Post #47,585 of 63,950
ZS10 PRO really is a great sounding all rounder. It has been my first foray into KZ gear, and I really enjoy this set especially for it's price. Honestly, every time I listen to them I can't believe they are less than $50. I enjoy them alot, and I constantly rec them to people who are looking for a fun, detailed and energetic sound a fairly inexpensive price.
Agree, i just got them and they sound amazing!! . People complaining about metalic treble are not using the righ tips.

Sep 12, 2019 at 11:29 PM Post #47,586 of 63,950
About to order the KZ ZSX from their official Aliexpress store. First time ordering from there for UK. Anyone had any issues?
Also, since I'm hearing a lot about cables - is there something specifically recommended over the default cable for genuine improvement?
Thanks.

Attachments

• Shopee_4f71318b0fce9afba2bcc85074adacfc.jpg
    Shopee_4f71318b0fce9afba2bcc85074adacfc.jpg
    309.9 KB · Views: 0
Sep 12, 2019 at 11:33 PM Post #47,587 of 63,950
I got these from shopee. Official KZ from China. I don't care about the legitimacy of that Gold silver whatever coz it fits the ZSX properly with good texture and it doesn't affect the sound in any negative way. And the ZSX is a winner in my book.

Attachments

• Shopee_4f71318b0fce9afba2bcc85074adacfc.jpg
    Shopee_4f71318b0fce9afba2bcc85074adacfc.jpg
    309.9 KB · Views: 0
Sep 12, 2019 at 11:55 PM Post #47,589 of 63,950
Agree, i just got them and they sound amazing!! . People complaining about metalic treble are not using the righ tips.
You may be right, but then again, everyone perceives sound differently. Personally, I prefer foam tips to silicones. I find that, generally speaking and to my ears; silicones make my ear canals sweaty, don't seal well, make the bass light or less defined, and cause the treble to become unnatural and bright. I prefer foams...specifically Newbee foams. They are memory foam tips; but unlike others like Comply, they are a soft and smooth material that isn't scratchy in the ear like other foams. They are soft like a silicone tip, and have a nice wide bore to let the sound come through; but are comfortable and don't make my ears sweat. Bass comes through with impact and definition, yet mids and highs aren't lost. Comfort is sublime...I can listen to all my iems for hours without any discomfort or ear sweats. Absolutely love these tips. They also make silicones, if you want; they even have a combo pack that gives you 3 sets of foams and 3 sets of silicones for less than $10 so you can find your best fit. Definitely worth checking them out.

Sep 13, 2019 at 12:00 AM Post #47,590 of 63,950

They are good but indeed sounds metallic / steely. Its not about tips, its about their BA character. Not only if compare to hogher tier midfi or even TOTL iems but some budget iems have their tonal much better, like tinaudio t2, bqeyz kb100, etc.

I have almost all good eartips including spiral dots, sedna earfit, final audio e, comply, spinfit, radius deep mount, ortofon, acoustune, and bunches of cheap eartips

Sep 13, 2019 at 12:35 AM Post #47,591 of 63,950
If people are using the included eartips on the ZSX and are still hearing a metallic sound to their music that other earphones don't have (like the KB100, T2, T180, etc.) It's because KZ still doesn't know how to make earphones properly.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2019 at 1:02 AM Post #47,593 of 63,950
Sep 13, 2019 at 1:08 AM Post #47,594 of 63,950
The ZSX is a HOTTIE! Is that the stock cable?

LOL no that's not the stock cable

Haha personally i will be too ashamed to put up photos of KZs with the KZ stock cables on. I always change out the KZ cables stat the moment I get a KZ.

On a serious note, do any of u guys who have KZ cables find the KZ cables with mic degrades the sound quality a bit? I know it's convenient for calls and such though.

Sep 13, 2019 at 1:11 AM Post #47,595 of 63,950
Haha personally i will be too ashamed to put up photos of KZs with the KZ stock cables on. I always change out the KZ cables stat the moment I get a KZ.

On a serious note, do any of u guys who have KZ cables find the KZ cables with mic degrades the sound quality a bit? I know it's convenient for calls and such though.

I prefer no mic at all for my iem cable. I use my AKG iem that came from samsung galaxy note 9 for phone call.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back