Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 24, 2019 at 7:46 AM Post #44,416 of 63,920
I'm giving them a pass. Technically very impressive, love the build quality, but way too bright and bass light. If you enjoy lots of treble and an analytic signature, by all means give them a go. Not a very versatile tune.

It's interesting you find it bright. For me, the ZS10 Pro is brighter on the treble and coming from those, I find the AS16 to be actually kind of neutral with an emphasis around the mids/vocals.

May 24, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #44,418 of 63,920
Yup, I was also about to point that out, for example, this 17$ 0.11Ohm listing from the great PRC:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/32916162030.html
(053) hck ct1 ofc 8c (brown,slim plugs,M).....................110..avg (115 mmcx)..[27]..many measured

Yes, that cable has really low resistance. However, that doesn’t automatically guarantee good sound. In fact, @hakuzen has said the brown cable you linked (with the curved 3.5mm plug) doesn’t sound good.

The other NiceHCK cable (which looks basically the same but has a carbon fiber plug) has better sound between the 2.

Last edited:
May 24, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #44,420 of 63,920
The C16 are one of my best sounding IEM's I own. They sound their best on "Hi-Res" portable units and amplifiers. My smart phone has Hi-Res audio built in and I can never get enough of them...The experience is brilliant! Now, many reviews are saying that the ZS10 PRO's has a similar sound signature to the ZSN PRO's, which to my ears would make the ZS10 PRO and interesting buy, if truth be told that they are technically better, of course! Though, the ZSN PRO's are really good, but doesn't beat the technical details that the C16's are capable of, I will soon decide if getting the ZS10 PRO's will do "leap-and-bounds" over the C16. So, got to count my money in the bank first, then make a final decision to get the much talked about ZS10 PRO's.

:fingers_crossed::wink:...Clear

After trying the ZSN Pros and seeing all the talk about the ZS10, I am tempted to pay for the ZS10. On the other hand, maybe they just sound similar and not worth paying twice as much for the 10s. To be honest, the ZSN Pros fit my ears very well, so I might stick with it just for the comfort.

May 24, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #44,421 of 63,920
Last edited:
May 24, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #44,422 of 63,920
I'm going to start flirting with other brands. I hope you guys do too so we can eventually have a better KZ thread when we compare those other iems.

Wishlist: Moondrop Crescent and BQEYZ KB100.

Both of those are excellent. I think that many in here have always flirted with other brands:)

May 24, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #44,423 of 63,920
I was looking around Aliexpress last night and it is a few dollars cheaper here:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-...r-Original-ZS10-Pro-ZSN-AS10/33009244409.html

And a few more cents off in the app

Ordered and I doubt it comes with the ZSN Pro, The ZSN Pro certainly did not come with that cable.

That is a good cable pairing for the KZ's, been using them for a while now.

Got a little KZ/TRN Party goin' on here:wink:

KZ TRN ParTey.JPG

Not Me @mbwilson111 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Does this qualify as flirting (Easy Panda I'm just talking iem's here:grin:)

I Mean Really!.JPG

Last edited:
May 24, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #44,424 of 63,920
Hello I have been reading this thread for a while and finally made an account so I can ask one question. How does the KZ ZS10 Pro compare to the Tin audio T3? I own the T3, ZS6,Zs7 and ZSN and I love the bass on the zs7, love the soundstage on the zs6, love the highs/mids on the T3 and love the fit/comfort on the ZSN. Will the ZS10 Pro give me a combination of the Zs6 sounstage + the bass on the zs7 + fit/comfort on the zsn + mids/highs on the T3? Sorry for any mistakes as English is my third language. Thanks in advance.

May 24, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #44,425 of 63,920
Yes, that cable has really low resistance. However, that doesn’t automatically guarantee good sound. In fact, @hakuzen has said the brown cable you linked (with the curved 3.5mm plug) doesn’t sound good.

The other NiceHCK cable (which looks basically the same but has a carbon fiber plug) has better sound between the 2.
agree, low resistance doesn't guarantee best sound, but helps to minimize tonal alteration when using multi-BA iems.
sound with cable 053 (the linked one) is good. i just noticed some degradation of sound compared to some >$40 cables when using very good resolving iem. i don't think i'd notice that difference when using most KZs.
the other NiceHCK 8 cores cable you've mentioned (060, 061 in my list) are thinner and have more resistance. didn't check the sound thoroughly, and doubt it is better than 053, but costs the half (very affordable, probably the best option below $10).

May 24, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #44,427 of 63,920
The C16 are one of my best sounding IEM's I own. They sound their best on "Hi-Res" portable units and amplifiers. My smart phone has Hi-Res audio built in and I can never get enough of them...The experience is brilliant! Now, many reviews are saying that the ZS10 PRO's has a similar sound signature to the ZSN PRO's, which to my ears would make the ZS10 PRO and interesting buy, if truth be told that they are technically better, of course! Though, the ZSN PRO's are really good, but doesn't beat the technical details that the C16's are capable of, I will soon decide if getting the ZS10 PRO's will do "leap-and-bounds" over the C16. So, got to count my money in the bank first, then make a final decision to get the much talked about ZS10 PRO's.

:fingers_crossed::wink:...Clear

For $35, it's worth a shot. Mine are ordered.

I love the CCA C16 myself, even more so than the LZ IEMs that used to be my favorite DDs. I swap between a Sony XM3, Mobius, and the CCA C16 for my daily commute.

May 24, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #44,428 of 63,920
May 24, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #44,429 of 63,920
Hello I have been reading this thread for a while and finally made an account so I can ask one question. How does the KZ ZS10 Pro compare to the Tin audio T3? I own the T3, ZS6,Zs7 and ZSN and I love the bass on the zs7, love the soundstage on the zs6, love the highs/mids on the T3 and love the fit/comfort on the ZSN. Will the ZS10 Pro give me a combination of the Zs6 sounstage + the bass on the zs7 + fit/comfort on the zsn + mids/highs on the T3? Sorry for any mistakes as English is my third language. Thanks in advance.

ZS10 pro has less mid bass and more extended high than ZS7, mid is about the same. Comfort wise, it is basically the same housing as ZSN. Soundstage is about the same as ZS6, but because ZS6 has such a recessed mid, it makes the soundstage seems huge. Don't know about T3 as I don't have it.

May 24, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #44,430 of 63,920
I love the CCA C16 myself, even more so than the LZ IEMs that used to be my favorite DDs. I swap between a Sony XM3, Mobius, and the CCA C16 for my daily commute.

Wow, the CCA C16 IEMs competing against the wireless over-ear Sony MDR-X1000m3 and Audeze Mobius. Both are ANC, but very, very good ANC models as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back