Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 24, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #44,431 of 63,834
ZS10 pro has less mid bass and more extended high than ZS7, mid is about the same. Comfort wise, it is basically the same housing as ZSN. Soundstage is about the same as ZS6, but because ZS6 has such a recessed mid, it makes the soundstage seems huge. Don't know about T3 as I don't have it.
Thanks, does that mean that the sub-bass is as good as the ZS7? The problem I have with the T3 is that the bass is too light on songs that have a powerful bass and that the comfort/fit is really bad for me.

May 24, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #44,432 of 63,834
Thanks, does that mean that the sub-bass is as good as the ZS7? The problem I have with the T3 is that the bass is too light on songs that have a powerful bass and that the comfort/fit is really bad for me.

Yes, zs10 pro is like a more balance zs7 from my experience.

May 24, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #44,433 of 63,834
After trying the ZSN Pros and seeing all the talk about the ZS10, I am tempted to pay for the ZS10. On the other hand, maybe they just sound similar and not worth paying twice as much for the 10s. To be honest, the ZSN Pros fit my ears very well, so I might stick with it just for the comfort.

FYI, the ZSN Pro and ZS10 Pro share the exact same shell. The fit will be identical.

May 24, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #44,434 of 63,834
The replacement for my KZ APTX HD Bluetooth 5.0 cable arrived and it's fixed :raised_hands: (Previous post with pictures)
Initial impressions using ZSNs comparing between the old and new adapter (around 30 mins of back and forth listening):
  • The cable has a little more give than the previous APTX adapter (2 pill) and no memory wire in the new model is a welcome change.
  • Still says "Turn off" on power up... Come on KZ not even a handful of phrases and making translation errors...
  • There is more clarity and separation. In comparison, the old adapter sounds a little muddy.
  • The bass has a little more depth.
I can't really tell a difference in sound quality between a cable and the adapter when using my phone (Redmi Note 7). Overall sounds quality is very good. Definitely a significant enough sound improvement over the old adapter. Will have to test and let you all know if the cutting out is gone. I hope so.
Best bet would be to order from the KZ store where I got this replacement from just to be sure you get the updated fixed adapter however for some reason the price has gone up and the current price of £34 would be hard to swallow. I paid £20 and felt like it could have been cheaper. Anyway HERE is the link to where I got it from.

P.S. The new adapter box had a production stamp so maybe that is an indicator if you got the fixed version(?) Although it's under the flap you have to you tear away to open the box so no exterior indicator. HERE is what it looks like. Everything else is the same.

Last edited:
May 24, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #44,435 of 63,834
May 24, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #44,436 of 63,834
The replacement for my KZ APTX HD Bluetooth 5.0 cable arrived and it's fixed :raised_hands: (Previous post with pictures)
Initial impressions using ZSNs comparing between the old and new adapter (around 30 mins of back and forth listening):
  • The cable has a little more give than the previous APTX adapter (2 pill) and no memory wire in the new model is a welcome change.
  • Still says "Turn off" on power up... Come on KZ not even a handful of phrases and making translation errors...
  • There is more clarity and separation. In comparison, the old adapter sounds a little muddy.
  • The bass has a little more depth.
I can't really tell a difference in sound quality between a cable and the adapter when using my phone (Redmi Note 7). Overall sounds quality is very good. Definitely a significant enough sound improvement over the old adapter. Will have to test and let you all know if the cutting out is gone. I hope so.
Best bet would be to order from the KZ store where I got this replacement from just to be sure you get the updated fixed adapter however for some reason the price has gone up and the current price of £34 would be hard to swallow. I paid £20 and felt like it could have been cheaper. Anyway HERE is the link to where I got it from.

P.S. The new adapter box had a production stamp so maybe that is an indicator if you got the fixed version(?) Although it's under the flap you have to you tear away to open the box so no exterior indicator. HERE is what it looks like. Everything else is the same.

Is there any noise when you pause music?

Many of the Bluetooth cables and adapters (KZ, TRN, and others) have a faint staticy ‘white noise’ sound when you pause the music. This white noise sound is at the same (low) volume level, and does not change with the music volume if that makes any sense.

May 24, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #44,437 of 63,834
Is there any noise when you pause music?

Many of the Bluetooth cables and adapters (KZ, TRN, and others) have a faint staticy ‘white noise’ sound when you pause the music. This white noise sound is at the same (low) volume level, and does not change with the music volume if that makes any sense.
I think I know what you mean and yes there is but it's extremely faint. You need to really listen out for it. Playing music with the adapter volume maxed and at the lowest setting on my phone makes the music whisper quiet and I can only just hear the noise between the song. Anything higher at a more reasonable volume and you won't hear it. It was definitely a lot more prominent on the old adapter. I completely forgot about the static since I got so used to it.

Last edited:
May 24, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #44,438 of 63,834
Yes, that cable has really low resistance. However, that doesn’t automatically guarantee good sound. In fact, @hakuzen has said the brown cable you linked (with the curved 3.5mm plug) doesn’t sound good.

The other NiceHCK cable (which looks basically the same but has a carbon fiber plug) has better sound between the 2.
I can buy that measurable differences of impendance can change the sound signature, maybe even distortion levels, but for believing anything beyond that more theory is required... and, preferably, another property to measure.

May 24, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #44,439 of 63,834
Yes, zs10 pro is like a more balance zs7 from my experience.
everybody hears (and describes) phones differently--to my ears the zs7 is the more balanced, while the zs10pro has more subbass emphasis as well as more treble extension and detail. i posted reviews of both on the blog below. i haven't heard the t3, but i prefer the kzs to the t2, which is more audiophile-refined but has less oomph.

Last edited:
May 24, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #44,440 of 63,834
Wow, the CCA C16 IEMs competing against the wireless over-ear Sony MDR-X1000m3 and Audeze Mobius. Both are ANC, but very, very good ANC models as well.

Yes, the CCA C16 easily beats out the WH-1000XM3 sound quality and detail wise. The XM3 is unmatched on a plane/train for noise canceling though and LDAC.

The Mobius is a different beast, but even then the C16 is still not far off. With a KZ aptx hd cable on the C16 they are all excellent wireless setups.

May 24, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #44,441 of 63,834
I got the AS16 in earlier this week but wasn't able to play with it until last night when I got home from a trip. It's huge. And I thought I was tired and having fit issues because it was so bright and had absolutely no bass. So I tried tip rolling this morning after finally getting some real rest and didn't seem to help. I then ran some measurements and found this:

AS16.jpg

Hot mess.

Then I noticed there was a small vent hole on the inner shell, which could be why the subbass is missing. I put electrical tape over it and re-measured:

AS16 Tape.jpg

Yea, it looks better, but still sounds super bright. I don't recommend this. Why do you have 8-driver BA IEMs and have such an unbalanced signature? My ears weren't deceiving me last night.

I'll continue to painfully listen to these as I write a review later but I dont think this will somehow magically improve.

Applying a crazy -6dB High Shelf filter starting at 1KHz, and the tape mod actually makes this a bit more listenable though sounds a tad distant and weird.

Last edited:
May 24, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #44,442 of 63,834
I got the AS16 in earlier this week but wasn't able to play with it until last night when I got home from a trip. It's huge. And I thought I was tired and having fit issues because it was so bright and had absolutely no bass. So I tried tip rolling this morning after finally getting some real rest and didn't seem to help. I then ran some measurements and found this:

Hot mess.

Then I noticed there was a small vent hole on the inner shell, which could be why the subbass is missing. I put electrical tape over it and re-measured:

Yea, it looks better, but still sounds super bright. I don't recommend this. Why do you have 8-driver BA IEMs and have such an unbalanced signature? My ears weren't deceiving me last night.

I'll continue to painfully listen to these as I write a review later but I dont think this will somehow magically improve.

Applying a crazy -6dB High Shelf filter starting at 1KHz, and the tape mod actually makes this a bit more listenable though sounds a tad distant and weird.

Could you run a graph with the ZS10 Pro and the inner vent holes covered? I'm looking for a little more more sub bass out of them and I notice those vents are huge on mine.

May 24, 2019 at 3:51 PM Post #44,443 of 63,834
Could you run a graph with the ZS10 Pro and the inner vent holes covered? I'm looking for a little more more sub bass out of them and I notice those vents are huge on mine.

I can't actually. I sent the ZS10 Pro over to another head-fier. I may buy another set though since I do like them and then I can get it in purple :D

Since the ZS10 has a DD, the vent hole is helpful in this case to either help subbass or reduce effects of driver flex and other issues. Granted too many vent holes could lose bass too.

May 24, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #44,444 of 63,834

Hot mess.

Wow, they've totally eliminated any dips in the high frequencies. But now the peak is 5dB too high and the rise after 1kHz is too steep. Plus the bass thing. But keeping customers on their toes and ever ready to buy the next fix is their business model, so ...

May 24, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #44,445 of 63,834
Wow, they've totally eliminated any dips in the high frequencies. But now the peak is 5dB too high and the rise after 1kHz is too steep. Plus the bass thing. But keeping customers on their toes and ever ready to buy the next fix is their business model, so ...

Yes, it seems that putting "Pro" after a model name/number is like a product label saying "New and Improved":rolling_eyes: I'm thinking about doing that with each new batch of beer I brew:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back