Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 19, 2019 at 3:24 AM Post #44,191 of 64,191
I posted my graph a page back. I own Solaris and love it. The zs10 pro is closest to it in terms of general sound signature, but Solaris has more detail retrieval, more dynamic, more controlled bass, and a grander larger presentation of sound. Like mentioned by Slater, the premium pricing is trying to get the last extra percent of "stuff".

The sp1000 is a very nice dap! I use the sr15.

Anyway, the zs10 pro does a lot of stuff right at this price point if you want a well balanced iem that still can be fun and not boring.
Thanks for the reply. Maybe the zs10pro will be a good way to see if i like a Solaris (no where to try one near me).

May 19, 2019 at 4:03 AM Post #44,192 of 64,191
I own Solaris and love it. The zs10 pro is closest to it in terms of general sound signature, but Solaris has more detail retrieval, more dynamic, more controlled bass, and a grander larger presentation of sound. Like mentioned by Slater, the premium pricing is trying to get the last extra percent of "stuff".
Premium iem companies better get out their magnifying glasses to find those needles in a haystack and make sure everything is perfect. The Solaris is $1500USD while the ZS10 Pro is $50USD.

Those high priced iems must be better than perfect. Then again for someone about to spend $1500 on an iem probably doesn't care about perfect. It's called auditory gambling. Lol.

Last edited:
May 19, 2019 at 4:03 AM Post #44,193 of 64,191
Thanks for the reply. Maybe the zs10pro will be a good way to see if i like a Solaris (no where to try one near me).

only for sound signature (composition between low, mids, highs) but like @antdroid said, you can't judge the clarity, detail retrieval, sound stage, technical abilities from graph.
the ZS10 pro FR graph is close to Moondrop Kanas Pro also, i just back to Kanas Pro after a month honeymoon with budget toys C10, ****, ZSN Pro. After i got used to them, i felt like they're good enough (they do, for the price), but switched back to Kanas Pro.. ohh that clarity, details, etc like eating fine steak after a month of hamburgers.

Edit : i have to admit though, that KZ top 5 list of users here made me want to buy that ZS10 Pro. not again.

Last edited:
May 19, 2019 at 4:12 AM Post #44,194 of 64,191
So GLORIOUS!... Got them today, Can't say much but so far so good. :hugging:

20190519_035842.jpg 20190519_040312.jpg

Last edited:
May 19, 2019 at 4:23 AM Post #44,196 of 64,191
Please post your KZ faves less than $20 +- a $ or two.

1. ZSN Pro black color
2. ZSN Pro blue color
3. ZSN Pro purple color
4. ZSN purple color
5. ZSN cyan color

May 19, 2019 at 4:46 AM Post #44,198 of 64,191
Agreed. Every time I think my phone can somehow replace a proper DAP, I run into exactly what I ran into today.

Sure, streaming Bluetooth from a phone is ok for background music (working out, yard work, etc), but for serious listening it just doesn’t cut it. At least not for another 5-10 years.
And you actually wonder why none of the big phone brands pays more attention to premium sound or partner with a big name (or at least a well renown company) specialized in manufacturing DAPs; especially when one considers the size and the weight of e.g. an iPhone XR, there should be way to put a decent amp and a high end sound chip in there; then the UI and the screen would make it a fabulous and versatile DAP. And the next step would be to offer premium iems with them :wink: Then and only them will I give up my DAP!

May 19, 2019 at 5:00 AM Post #44,199 of 64,191
And you actually wonder why none of the big phone brands pays more attention to premium sound or partner with a big name (or at least a well renown company) specialized in manufacturing DAPs; especially when one considers the size and the weight of e.g. an iPhone XR, there should be way to put a decent amp and a high end sound chip in there; then the UI and the screen would make it a fabulous and versatile DAP. And the next step would be to offer premium iems with them :wink: Then and only them will I give up my DAP!

I’m with you, friend.

The fact that most everyone has deleted the 3.5mm audio jack for no good reason should tell you how much phone manufacturers really care about audio.

May 19, 2019 at 5:02 AM Post #44,200 of 64,191
Finally laid down with the ZS10's in the dark and listened to some songs on them.

Holy moly. The big names should be worried. There is nothing missing, nothing is bloated, no sibilance, large soundstage. $34.

My old Saosin favorites that SCREAM in my ears on every other IEM is well tamed with sharp snares.

Wouldn't be surprised to have a ZS5v1 event occur.

More to come.
How is the soundstage compared to the zs5v1?
Cheers

May 19, 2019 at 5:12 AM Post #44,201 of 64,191
Please post your KZ faves less than $20 +- a $ or two.

In that case, I would rank them:

1. ZS1 v1
2. ZSN
3. ZSN Pro
4. ZS4
5. ED9

But keep in mind that >$20 used to be KZs bread and butter. There’s a lot of great budget choices in that price range that didn’t make the list - ZSR, ZS5 v1, HDS3, ATR, ATE, EDR1, etc

May 19, 2019 at 5:21 AM Post #44,202 of 64,191
Are your favourites in order of preference? Are those all worthy iems to own at the same time?

I would say Tin T2 and ZS7 are one of a kind and a must have simultaneously. Their sound signatures being quite different being the reason for having them. ZS7 is fun and great for electronic, psytrance etc. While the Tin T2 presents to you subtle nuances and is great for classical and jazz.

I had heard good things about the TFZ T2 and wanted to see how well they compete with the ZS7. TFZs have their positives but sound a little artificial to me. My initial plan was to keep one of them (ZS7/TFZ T2). But I found my self grabbing the TFZs sometimes for movies, so I've kept them a while. I'm slowly tilting towards selling them right now.

But to answer your question. Tin T2 and ZS7/TFZ T2. Would be two great pairs to own. (Choosing between the last two depending on your judgement as to which you might like better).

Current order of preference:
1.ZS7 2.TinT2 3.TFZ T2

The first position for the ZS7 is just because I listen to more electronic music, and so use them the most relative to the others.

May 19, 2019 at 5:28 AM Post #44,203 of 64,191
I’m with you, friend.

The fact that most everyone has deleted the 3.5mm audio jack for no good reason should tell you how much phone manufacturers really care about audio.

talking about no 3.5mm audio jack remind me something to ask about, How is TRN BT20 module works with KZ para C connector? I know it will stick out longer but is it safe / strong (edit : and comfortable ) enough for gym using? I'm talking about normal BT20 0.78mm to para C connector like ZSN or ZS10 pro. Thanks in advance Slater

Last edited:
May 19, 2019 at 5:34 AM Post #44,204 of 64,191
It may seem odd, but it struck me today while listening to my lower gear that I could be happy with Hidizs AP80/Zishan Z3 and the lowly CCA CA4, or the ZS7 or CCA16 if something happened and I had to get rid of all my high end stuff.
I'd be fine with my Fiio X1 and a set of sub-$100 headphones: (Grado SR80, Grado SR60, Sony MDR-V6).
But I could't be happy with IEM's. They just don't give me anywhere near the sound I need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back