Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 15, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #44,043 of 63,917
I just do the yeah, uh huh, yep, you're totally right.

Well you are lucky then as mine is a political science major and had she gone on to become an attorney she would have made the Shark look like a Guppy:open_mouth: If I tried that number on mine she would go into the old "Are you Mocking me mode" then you could just take a hammer to your head and it would be easier:head_bandage:

May 15, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #44,044 of 63,917
Well you are lucky then as mine is a political science major and had she gone on to become an attorney she would have made the Shark look like a Guppy:open_mouth: If I tried that number on mine she would go into the old "Are you Mocking me mode" then you could just take a hammer to your head and it would be easier:head_bandage:
I just have a knack of making women mad to the point they stop . My wife calls me a D all the time and I just say yep sure an and proud of it. I just hate arguing over stupid trivial things.

May 15, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #44,045 of 63,917
How do they compare to the C10's or the ZSN PRO's? ...would it be a side grade? or, is it a step-up in your opinion?

Thanks in advance! :handshake:

Hey Clear I think they (ZS10 Pro) are more neutral then any others I have, I only have low amount of hours on them but the cohesiveness and neutrality are what has me hooked in. As Slater mentioned one of KZs very best and most definitely in my top 5.

May 15, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #44,046 of 63,917
I do too... there is a certain kind of pleasure with that. Yesterday I was enjoying a ten pound iem. My music sounded great. Then later I listened with something else and it actually was even better... but earlier I had not felt like anything was lacking. It's weird. I just get lost in the music.
Sounds soo familiar. I was on the road last week with nothing but my new QT5, the Sonata USB DAC and my smartphones and enjoyed those IEMs a great deal. It was only when I got back to my GF's place and fired up my beloved, modded ZS6 that I realized how much 'better' they are all around (transparency, liveliness, soundstage & spatial accuracy even in crowded tracks,...). Of the 25+ phones I own especially the KZ6 often just disappear from the radar and everything else gets lost in the vibes with nothing left to be desired. Of all the qualities a phone (or recording) can offer, to me it's that transparency what I'm more after than anything else ... luckily it doesn't need a lot of €€€ to get there these days.

May 15, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #44,047 of 63,917
Still one of the best. Took them out for a listen last night and decided to take some pics. If you don't own an ED9 yet, do yourself a favour and fix that asap.

Agreed! The ED9 still hold their own for a pleasant listening session.
19700208_013650.jpg

Actually, these still get as much usage as anything else in my collection:
10077759 (0).jpg

I never tire of KZ's legendary leveling-up IEM:
20171129_131230 (2).jpg

.......another old skool favorite no matter their age:
20160727_132739 (1) (0).jpg

.......and finally, the one that got away:
images-21 (0).jpg

It was only when I got back to my GF's place and fired up my beloved, modded ZS6 that I realized how much 'better' they are all around (transparency, liveliness, soundstage & spatial accuracy even in crowded tracks,...). Of the 25+ phones I own especially the KZ6 often just disappear from the radar and everything else gets lost in the vibes with nothing left to be desired. Of all the qualities a phone (or recording) can offer, to me it's that transparency what I'm more after than anything else ...

Even as KZ moves forward, the ZS6 will probably remain a legend.

Great description: "transparency, liveliness, soundstage & spatial accuracy"

.......and the 10Pro will definitely be among one of KZ's best.

[no photo yet, but soon]

Attachments

• KZ-ED9-bass-nozzle-web.jpg
    KZ-ED9-bass-nozzle-web.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 15, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #44,048 of 63,917
Still one of the best. Took them out for a listen last night and decided to take some pics. If you don't own an ED9 yet, do yourself a favour and fix that asap.

i seem to recall you didn't love these at first--good to see you joining the fan club

May 15, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #44,049 of 63,917
i seem to recall you didn't love these at first--good to see you joining the fan club

I liked them back in the day but the original bio-diaphragm version has pretty spashy treble. That turned me off. The current titanium coated version has much cleaner treble and it sounds amazing.

May 15, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #44,050 of 63,917
I liked them back in the day but the original bio-diaphragm version has pretty spashy treble. That turned me off. The current titanium coated version has much cleaner treble and it sounds amazing.

The ED9 bio version sounds best with the gold filter, which tames the treble. I used to hate the bio version with the dull filter.

Now with the titanium version, I love the dull filter, which shows off that sweet ED9 treble.

May 15, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #44,051 of 63,917
The ED9 bio version sounds best with the gold filter, which tames the treble. I used to hate the bio version with the dull filter.

Now with the titanium version, I love the dull filter, which shows off that sweet ED9 treble.

That's exactly how I run mine, lol. "Gold" on the original, "Brass" on the new version. :)

May 15, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #44,052 of 63,917
Agreed! The ED9 still hold their own for a pleasant listening session.

Actually, these still get as much usage as anything else in my collection:

I never tire of KZ's legendary leveling-up IEM:

.......another old skool favorite no matter their age:

.......and finally, the one that got away:

Even as KZ moves forward, the ZS6 will probably remain a legend.

Great description: "transparency, liveliness, soundstage & spatial accuracy"

.......and the 10Pro will definitely be among one of KZ's best.

[not photo yet, but soon]

Beautiful Doc, some great shot/memories right there:beerchug: Go team KZ:grin: Hey don't you think we should get some kind of special discount from KZ for all these great pub shots:scream: LOL

Let me tax that server some more:smiling_imp:

1st Order Budget.JPG

Balanced Budget.JPG

Budgetized.JPG
KZ Balanced.JPG

KZ DT5.JPG
ZS Ridiculous.JPG
Zesty Combo.JPG
KZ Roundup.JPG

Why no, I don't like KZ:rolling_eyes:

May 15, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #44,053 of 63,917

How can I tell which one I have? I do not have the original box. I do use the dull filter..

May 15, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #44,054 of 63,917
Beautiful Doc, some great shot/memories right there:beerchug: Go team KZ:grin: Hey don't you think we should get some kind of special discount from KZ for all these great pub shots:scream: LOL

Let me tax that server some more:smiling_imp:

Why no, I don't like KZ:rolling_eyes:

Dang, those ED11's are breaking my heart. Another one that got away just as I entered the seven kingdoms and noticed the value of an up and coming powerhouse.

Screenshot_2019-05-15-10-41-43.png

May 15, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #44,055 of 63,917
Yeah, the old brass backs were a nice upgrade to the 10's. I may have a couple pair Doc and if so I'll ping you for an Addy:wink: When I first started my KZ trip I would generally order two at a time, I mean I really had that 2 for less than $20 mentality going cause I got some kind of disease:smirk_cat:

That's not even a good shot of them:rolling_eyes: Not helping matters much am I:innocent: :thinking:On the other hand the shield does kind of go along with that Thrones vibe

ED11 Golden Child.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back