Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 8, 2019 at 12:30 AM Post #43,816 of 63,882
I have a ZS5V1 and I want to get upgrade cable for it. Bring type A, is it easier to mod a type B cable or type C cable to be used with ZS5? And how to go about modding such cable?

I have a ZST that is type B and that type B cable doesn’t fit the ZS5

Wait, if you're going to guy an upgrade cable, no need to mod a Type B or Type C cable to work with Type A. Just get one that works with Type A to begin with.

As far as stock cables, Type A cables fit Type B IEMs (although there's a gap around the plug), but not the other way around.

What exact upgrade cable were you considering? Some of the 3rd party cables won't really fit properly (kind of a janky ghetto fit), depending on the length of the 2-pin protrusion (some do, some don't; it depends on the specific cable). But the genuine KZ upgrade cables fit perfectly, assuming you get the Para A for the ZS5.

Let us know what specific upgrade cable you're considering and we'll let you know if it will fit or not.

May 8, 2019 at 2:02 AM Post #43,817 of 63,882
To those who's ZS10 Pros have arrived... Is there driver flex like the ZS7s?

Will driving flex decrease the life of a dynamic driver?

no, you might hear some odd noises if it was flexxed real bad but only under heavy listening... i've had a few bad flexxers in my time and I havent had any fail on me... I have had a few drivers make strange buzzing noises at certain frequencies, I doubt you will notice unless you're really giving it stink.

May 8, 2019 at 2:47 AM Post #43,818 of 63,882
I have a ZS5V1 and I want to get upgrade cable for it. Bring type A, is it easier to mod a type B cable or type C cable to be used with ZS5? And how to go about modding such cable?

I have a ZST that is type B and that type B cable doesn’t fit the ZS5
I strongly recommend the new KZ 8-core silver-copper cable (https://bit.ly/2vIVI6j). I feel like it gave my ZS5v1 a whole new life. Plus, it doesn't have the wired earguides, so there's really no need to mod it. Unless you're not OK with the pre-formed earhooks, it can be used as is straight from the box.

May 8, 2019 at 2:55 AM Post #43,819 of 63,882
To those who's ZS10 Pros have arrived... Is there driver flex like the ZS7s?

Will driving flex decrease the life of a dynamic driver?

My zs7 doesn't have driver flex at all.
I've experienced it on some of my IEMs particularly on the MEMT X5 but i think it can be due to glue in wrong places (vent holes) or sometimes faulty units and bad soldering.
Anyway, driver flax can reduce the life the IEMs if it involves the soldering of the DD, as maybe you still press the IEMs in the ears and the DD could start moving.
But that only in the case the DD was really bad soldered and bad assembled in the shell.
In any other case driver flex is there because of glue on vent holes and it can depend on your tips or ear canal.
For example, if you have a vent hole on the nozzle and u push the tips covering the vent, you can higher your chance to get a driver flex.

My tip is to try pushing very gently in the vent with a seewing needle in order to remove the bad glue that is maybe limiting the air flow through the hole.

There can be many exceptions: for example my MEMT X5 has driver flex and i tried to push with the seewing needle getting no result
I've ended to the conclusion it is a factory defect, a faulty unit.

My zs7 hasn't driver flex as the vent is well positioned and shouldn't make you cover even if you push the shell to your ears.

May 8, 2019 at 5:35 AM Post #43,821 of 63,882
I have found myself reaching for my ZS7 more than the C16.
Some are saying the ZS10 Pro are the best KZ. I hope they aren't being ignorant and have at least compared them to the ZS7 first.

It's weird how everytime a new model comes out, it's the best. Back in the day only the ZS5V1 or ZS6 was the best... now it's every new KZ!

Last edited:
May 8, 2019 at 5:54 AM Post #43,822 of 63,882
Some are saying the ZS10 Pro are the best KZ. I hope they aren't being ignorant and have at least compared them to the ZS7 first.

It's weird how everytime a new model comes out, it's the best. Back in the day only the ZS5V1 or ZS6 was the best... now it's every new KZ!
I suppose there may be a grain of truth in it because of technological advances but sometimes hype and enthusiasm take over. The ZS7 is certainly my best KZ so far, (I have the ZSN Pro coming soon). I just find I'm enjoying my music more on the ZS7.

May 8, 2019 at 8:03 AM Post #43,824 of 63,882
IMG_20190508_125957.jpg

My ZS7 with blue silver plated cable. Looks cool, sounds great!

May 8, 2019 at 8:39 AM Post #43,825 of 63,882
Has anyone tried TRN BT cables with ZSN? Is it okay to use or should I go for KZ C-pin ones? Have heard KZ cables have connectivity issues hence contemplating TRN cables.

May 8, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #43,826 of 63,882
Has anyone tried TRN BT cables with ZSN? Is it okay to use or should I go for KZ C-pin ones? Have heard KZ cables have connectivity issues hence contemplating TRN cables.
IMG_20181206_181904.jpg

Maybe not the best looking bit doable. ZSN sounds great through them. Plenty of power. Just don't sit on them as you could bend them pins.

May 8, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #43,827 of 63,882

Maybe not the best looking bit doable. ZSN sounds great through them. Plenty of power. Just don't sit on them as you could bend them pins.

Thanks for the tip. Post this, the cables will still be changeable or it's fit and forget due to odd fitting?

May 8, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #43,829 of 63,882
I actually don’t mind the looks of that...I’ll have to look at the wireless item thread sometime...I still like my fancy boutique cables lol

May 8, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #43,830 of 63,882
After months of listening I am still 100 % satisfied with my zs7. What a great set of iems. As I play in a band I am listening for hours to music I have to practice and play. And every time it puts a great smile on my face. For the money they are such good musical partners, I think I buy an extra set, for if they get lost somehow somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back