Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 30, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #37,426 of 63,885
A quick notice for all those planning to buy the KZ ZSN :point_left:

The Purple/Silver ZSN has a slight difference in sound signature due to the cable that it comes with. The cable is slightly thicker and lighter in color than the one that comes with the Cyan/black and Black ZSN, which is darker and slightly thinner. With the thicker/lighter colored cable that comes with the Purple/Silver ZSN, the sound comes through as a more well balanced IEM. It's so nicely done that I am at cloud nine with such a brilliant sound signature. Now, with the darker cable that comes with the Cyan/Black and Black ZSN, expect the bass to slightly sound thicker with warmer vocals while still maintaining hi-end details.

So, in the end, if the purple/silver ZSN cost slightly more it's due to the cables slight difference to the other 2 models. :wink:
Pictures of the cables, please. That's a weird difference, though. What is KZ up to?

Oct 30, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #37,427 of 63,885

The Purple/Silver ZSN has a slight difference in sound signature due to the cable that it comes with. The cable is slightly thicker and lighter in color than the one that comes with the Cyan/black and Black ZSN, which is darker and slightly thinner. With the thicker/lighter colored cable that comes with the Purple/Silver ZSN, the sound comes through as a more well balanced IEM. It's so nicely done that I am at cloud nine with such a brilliant sound signature. Now, with the darker cable that comes with the Cyan/Black and Black ZSN, expect the bass to slightly sound thicker with warmer vocals while still maintaining hi-end details.

So, in the end, if the purple/silver ZSN cost slightly more it's due to the cables slight difference to the other 2 models. :wink:

Can You please post pics and corresponding impedance measurements of cables? If there is noticeable difference in impedance then there`s proof of sound difference.

Oct 30, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #37,428 of 63,885
In the official images the cables are visibly of a different colour, but the nozzles look as if they're from a different material too. I wonder if this could be a factor.

kz_zsn_1538144138_9fdb33ff.jpg

Oct 30, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #37,433 of 63,885

I got Black/Black ZSN. It is interesting to see different cable for different colored IEM from same model. Tempted to get the purple/silver ZSN now. :thinking:

Oct 30, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #37,434 of 63,885
Btw the ZSN sounds awesome with this track

Oct 30, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #37,436 of 63,885

Actually, because of the cable that comes with the purple/silver ZSN, they personally sound the best for me.

You are not helping. I am trying to NOT want them. You know... purple.....

These reviews. I saw somewhere that there was a code to get it for $14 but not sure if it is active.

Oct 30, 2018 at 12:56 PM Post #37,439 of 63,885
I just ordered the purple/silver zsn for $20.99. Thank God its not $99+.

Oct 30, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #37,440 of 63,885
Here's the actual differences with the wires and nozzles for the purple/silver and cyan/black ZSN...

If you have both, you'll definitely hear the difference with both wires. It might not be night and day, but it was noticeable enough for me to hear that the dark wire makes the ZSN sound a bit thicker in the bass region and provide a warmer vocal tone to the MID region, while the lighter wire provides less in both areas giving it a better balance throughout the whole signature.

P_20181030_223041_1.jpg P_20181030_223737_1.jpg
P_20181030_222942_1_1.jpg P_20181030_223830_1.jpg P_20181030_224202_2_1.jpg P_20181030_224248.jpg

Hope this helps...

-Clear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back