Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 29, 2018 at 6:47 AM Post #37,396 of 63,897
ZSN has more forward mid than ZSR, treble on ZSN also much more sparkly than ZSR, bass about the same, ZSN sounds more airy and spacious than ZSR (maybe because of more sparkly treble), wider soundstage on ZSN. That's what i got from comparing ZSn and ZSR.
For me, ZSN is like a combination of ZS6 and ZSR which is tight and punchy bass of ZSR, sparkly treble of ZS6 minus the piercing and move the mid a little more forward and body than ZS6. Build and fit also the best compared to ZS6 and ZSR. ZSR hurt my ear after awhile, while ZS6 feels like the IEM wants to drop from my ear (maybe because the weight?).
Thanks, that is very informative; it sounds KZ has found the right combination :wink:

Oct 29, 2018 at 6:53 AM Post #37,397 of 63,897
Thanks, that is very informative; it sounds KZ has found the right combination :wink:

You guys are making me want the ZSN. I was not going to get any more KZs as I already have several.

Oct 29, 2018 at 9:15 AM Post #37,399 of 63,897
I'm very happy with my KZ ED16 - nice, balanced sound sig reminding me somewhat of my Tin Audio T2. I'm looking to snag a cheap KZ with a V-shaped sound sig to shake up the offerings from my current functioning bunch of IEMs... and being interested in the ZSN's sound sig, is it worth the buy at $20 CAD (I'm hoping to get the mic model)? Regarding other KZ IEMs that may have a V-shaped sound sig as well, I don't own the KZ ZSR, ZS6, or ZSA, fyi.
Yes, the KZ ZSN is totally worth it! I own the ED16 as well, plus two ZSN's, Cyan/black and Purple/Silver and the ZSN fits right into my collection of KZ's. I personally think the ZSN can perform excellent treble with almost any harsh peaks and sounds like a full-size powerhouse headphone. The construction and beauty is priceless compared to many of KZ's other plastic housed IEM's.

I will give an impression of my two ZSN's later during the week. :wink:

-Clear

Oct 29, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #37,400 of 63,897
from the user of the ZS6 i reccomend switching the tips to foam tips and an impedance adapter (8 ohm is enough) just to tame the sibilance and treble to the point that i dont mind (personally), its a good iem, it feels wide & detailed
Reference Audio Analyzer has extensively measured ZS6 and, while it shows decreased upper frequencies with increased impedance, the effects are somewhat modest, ranging -3 to -6 dB starting from 10kHz, depending on impedance 10 to 300 ohm accordingly.

Oct 29, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #37,401 of 63,897
Really sounds like ZSN mighty be a bonifide daily driver. Tight fast bass, forward mids, good treble, good fit? Really looking for a good ZST replacement. I can wear that iem all day and never feel it. Its the only hybrid KZ that disappears in my ears.

I... will... not... buy... another... KZ... :confounded: :dollar: :dollar: :dollar:

Guys (and girls... ), I'm resisting the ZSN... need help...

Just got the AS10 recently.... C'mon...

Oct 29, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #37,404 of 63,897
I... will... not... buy... another... KZ... :confounded: :dollar: :dollar: :dollar:

Guys (and girls... ), I'm resisting the ZSN... need help...

Just got the AS10 recently.... C'mon...
Got an AS10, you know this rabbit hole wants you to dive in and get the goodies

Oct 29, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #37,405 of 63,897
What is this 11.11 you guys are talking about??

Anyway, my it01 came a day before ZSN and I have been doing some comparison between the two (I know they are $99 and $23, so not apple to apple, but it's fun). From all my kz collection, the ZSN is the one that sounds close to it01. The bass on it01 is good and punchy but in some songs it can be a tiny bit too much while zsn has less impact, but I find it is perfect amount of bass. Into the mid, it01 is more forward and has a little bit more low mid that make vocal sound a little bit thicker ala shure (not as much as shure tho), while zsn has a thinner vocal, but it also add airiness to it. Treble is almost the same for both, maybe a tad more detail on it01 or less grainy.

Oct 29, 2018 at 7:00 PM Post #37,407 of 63,897
What is this 11.11 you guys are talking about??

Anyway, my it01 came a day before ZSN and I have been doing some comparison between the two (I know they are $99 and $23, so not apple to apple, but it's fun). From all my kz collection, the ZSN is the one that sounds close to it01. The bass on it01 is good and punchy but in some songs it can be a tiny bit too much while zsn has less impact, but I find it is perfect amount of bass. Into the mid, it01 is more forward and has a little bit more low mid that make vocal sound a little bit thicker ala shure (not as much as shure tho), while zsn has a thinner vocal, but it also add airiness to it. Treble is almost the same for both, maybe a tad more detail on it01 or less grainy.

Thanks for that. I was being tempted by the ZSN but I already have the iBasso IT01. Are there situations in which you would choose to use the ZSN instead of the IT01?

Oct 29, 2018 at 7:13 PM Post #37,408 of 63,897
is there any kz like the ES4 i kinda like it more than the zs6 though its more fatiguing than zs6 (i guess because the slightly boosted bass & more intimate soundstage), is the as10 worth it or better go for a zsn ?

Oct 29, 2018 at 7:38 PM Post #37,409 of 63,897
Oct 29, 2018 at 8:00 PM Post #37,410 of 63,897
Well, I feel I need to be more careful with my it01 not because of the build quality is bad or anything, but the more expensive price tag makes me feel I need to baby it more lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back