Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 30, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #32,881 of 63,844
I think they would most likely sound wrong, in lack of better word, if they were misswired somehow. Maybe you wouldn't know how describe it, but the sound would be just wrong to the point of not wanting to listen to them. That's how you'll usually know you've got out of phase set.

To be a bit more precise, it's like a slight echo in the sound and artificial separation of channels.

May 30, 2018 at 4:27 PM Post #32,882 of 63,844
Yeah, my zs10 passed those tests but I'm afraid the paranoia and my ocd are getting the better of me xD, especially considering how prevalent these quality control issues are... But they sound perfectly fine... I'm just scared I'll miss out on better sound cause of miswired drivers...

Maybe just stick with dynamics in the future? It's 1 single driver; it either works or it doesn't. And it's easy to detect if it's out of phase.

And there are numerous ones that sound awesome. In fact, I much prefer the sound of a well tuned dynamic than a multi-driver hybrid with iffy tuning.

May 30, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #32,883 of 63,844
Just going to hype the ES4's some more because why not.

Ever since getting my TinAudio T2, I've not left home once with the ZSR or ZS10 because they were both an obvious step down in quality. Today I decided to take the ES4 with me instead and see how it goes. I've been listening to them all day at work so far and have no complaints. I'd want to do an A/B test before attempting any comparison but I will say I could definitely live with these.

May 30, 2018 at 4:41 PM Post #32,885 of 63,844
Maybe just stick with dynamics in the future? It's 1 single driver; it either works or it doesn't. And it's easy to detect if it's out of phase.

And there are numerous ones that sound awesome. In fact, I much prefer the sound of a well tuned dynamic than a multi-driver hybrid with iffy tuning.

Yeah I'll probably get something like the iBasso IT01 next... Though I don't see that happening for at least 2 more years given how good this thing sounds xD

May 30, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #32,886 of 63,844
I think they would most likely sound wrong, in lack of better word, if they were misswired somehow. Maybe you wouldn't know how describe it, but the sound would be just wrong to the point of not wanting to listen to them. That's how you'll usually know you've got out of phase set.

To be a bit more precise, it's like a slight echo in the sound and artificial separation of channels.

So far nothing sounds amiss, so I guess I was just being needlessly paranoid lol... So far only @Wiljen has had miswired drivers those were affecting his vocals, my vocals sound fine, so I just need to dump that paranoia and enjoy these beauties xD

Last edited:
May 30, 2018 at 6:26 PM Post #32,887 of 63,844
Just going to hype the ES4's some more because why not.

Ever since getting my TinAudio T2, I've not left home once with the ZSR or ZS10 because they were both an obvious step down in quality. Today I decided to take the ES4 with me instead and see how it goes. I've been listening to them all day at work so far and have no complaints. I'd want to do an A/B test before attempting any comparison but I will say I could definitely live with these.

Just been A/B ing the ES4 with the ZS10 and prefer the ES4. Much warmer in the lower mids and the mids are much more forward than the ZS10. Briefly listened to ny 24 bit FLAC of Dreams Fleetwood Mac and the ES4s sound more natural.

Think KZ have knocked it out of the park with these. Insane value for their low cost.

Think the low end from their new graphene driver is much improved. Lovely textured and we'll controlled bass, with great mid bass punch and sub bass that goes very deep.

Last edited:
May 30, 2018 at 7:10 PM Post #32,888 of 63,844
Just been A/B ing the ES4 with the ZS10 and prefer the ES4. Much warmer in the lower mids and the mids are much more forward than the ZS10. Briefly listened to ny 24 bit FLAC of Dreams Fleetwood Mac and the ES4s sound more natural.

Think KZ have knocked it out of the park with these. Insane value for their low cost.

Think the low end from their new graphene driver is much improved. Lovely textured and we'll controlled bass, with great mid bass punch and sub bass that goes very deep.

I think I will take the back seat, while I contemplate getting something like my KZ5v2. The KZR and now the ES4 & KZA seems to be getting good reviews but it can only get better :)
The pace is so insane that by the time your aliexpress order arrives a new release will have popped up.

Last edited:
May 30, 2018 at 7:15 PM Post #32,889 of 63,844

Agreed. The ES4 are darn good. Probably one of the best KZ has made along with zs6.

The vocals and mids are so natural.

May 30, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #32,890 of 63,844
I think I will take the back seat, while I contemplate getting something like my KZ5v2. The KZR and now the ES4 & KZA seems to be getting good reviews but it can only get better :)
The pace is so insane that by the time your aliexpress order arrives a new release will have popped up.
yep. i am fed up with kz, changed to isine for iem! and crushed zs10 EASY! have bloody 2 pairs of the useless zs10.

May 31, 2018 at 2:30 AM Post #32,895 of 63,844
Spinfits, I have several packs of them they came with some IEM's I bought, no matter what I try, I cannot get them to work, I just do not get on with them! In fact, there are very few silicone seals that I do get on with, they just don't seal in my ears. But saying that, I got a set of fluffy silicones free with a cable once and they are brilliant, have not been able to find them since though! Foamie's all the way!

Are these what you are looking for?

1 Pair(2pcs) NICEHCK High Quality In Ear Plush Tips Earbuds Eartips/Ear Sleeve/Ear Tip/Earbuds For In Ear Earphone Earbud

http://s.aliexpress.com/ZrABJbYJ?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back