Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 26, 2018 at 6:13 PM Post #32,746 of 63,920
It’s actually totally illegal in a lot of states in the US.

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2016/10/31/is-it-legal-to-wear-headphones-while-driving/

No headphones, earbuds, IEMs, ear plugs, or anything else that blocks your hearing at all. Most police that see those people, pull them over in a heartbeat.

I’m sure if you got into an accident, and it was proven you were wearing headphones, the prosecutor would roast you and paint you as a wreckless “distracted driver”.

And I doubt your insurance would cover you.

May 26, 2018 at 6:15 PM Post #32,747 of 63,920
Does anyone know if I can buy the small tips from this set separately. At 9mm these are the smallest I've found, everything else 11mm and up. I want to buy a bag of them but I can only find them in this set.

KZ-Original-3-Pair-Black-Noise-Isolating-Comfortble-Memory-Foam-Ear-Tips-Ear-Pads-for-Headphones.jpg_640x640.jpg

I just received this set of KZ memory foam tips. The small size is my preference as well. The only place I can find to order multiples of the small size is this listing on the bay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-2-3-Pair...hash=item25cae356e1:m:mNYY5mAYad0ufmrabcOEeEA Unfortunately, it doesn't list the diameter, so their small could easily be 11mm, as I've seen from other brands with the inner tube. Does anyone have a contact with KZ that could inquire as to whether their 9mm is available in quantity?

Edit: Perhaps another brand's 11mm that compresses more or stays compressed longer would still be comfortable. If you try these or others and like them, please let me know, as we prefer the same size. There are several places to order 11mm in quantity and probably at lower prices.

Last edited:
May 26, 2018 at 7:49 PM Post #32,748 of 63,920
I just received this set of KZ memory foam tips. The small size is my preference as well. The only place I can find to order multiples of the small size is this listing on the bay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-2-3-Pair...hash=item25cae356e1:m:mNYY5mAYad0ufmrabcOEeEA Unfortunately, it doesn't list the diameter, so their small could easily be 11mm, as I've seen from other brands with the inner tube. Does anyone have a contact with KZ that could inquire as to whether their 9mm is available in quantity?

Edit: Perhaps another brand's 11mm that compresses more or stays compressed longer would still be comfortable. If you try these or others and like them, please let me know, as we prefer the same size. There are several places to order 11mm in quantity and probably at lower prices.
I'm afraid that 9mm ear tips are available in this set only. But you can contact the seller directly before the purchase and ask if it is possible to send only 9mm small tips.
Or just try this seller: https://greensense.aliexpress.com/store/323026
It seems to be a supplier or factory store.

May 26, 2018 at 9:39 PM Post #32,749 of 63,920
It’s actually totally illegal in a lot of states in the US.

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2016/10/31/is-it-legal-to-wear-headphones-while-driving/

No headphones, earbuds, IEMs, ear plugs, or anything else that blocks your hearing at all. Most police that see those people, pull them over in a heartbeat.

I’m sure if you got into an accident, and it was proven you were wearing headphones, the prosecutor would roast you and paint you as a wreckless “distracted driver”.

Its only "mostly" illegal in like 4 states...
HeadphoneMap-300x233.jpg

May 26, 2018 at 10:15 PM Post #32,750 of 63,920
BTW. Read up on Docs reviews of EDR1, EDSE and EDR2. So I bought the EDSE and the EDR2, and the ED3, ED4, ED7. Already received my ED8's last week. Those things are legit. Anyway still enamored by the EDR1's. Don't know when I will have the time to dedicate to the new stuff when it arrives, but I will try lol. The EDR1's pair beautifully with Cayin N5. EDR1 and VE Monks for everyone this year at Christmas!

Had to get back on topic. :)

Last edited:
May 26, 2018 at 11:43 PM Post #32,751 of 63,920
Yes some one was wanting earphones for riding a motorcycle and I don’t think it’s too safe replied to the wrong thread sorry about that even if it wasn’t a pair of KZ’s. Sorry it wasn’t he wanted to spend $1k to not hear to his demise.

May 27, 2018 at 5:15 AM Post #32,755 of 63,920
May 27, 2018 at 6:48 AM Post #32,756 of 63,920
Yes some one was wanting earphones for riding a motorcycle and I don’t think it’s too safe replied to the wrong thread sorry about that even if it wasn’t a pair of KZ’s. Sorry it wasn’t he wanted to spend $1k to not hear to his demise.
I live in India and here you can see a lot of motorcycles. A lot of guys think that its cool to wear earphones while riding bikes and they all ride at very high speeds in an already insanely dangerous traffic situation involving narrow lanes, buses, trucks and whatnot.

May 27, 2018 at 9:15 AM Post #32,757 of 63,920
May 27, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #32,758 of 63,920
Received my KZ ZSR. And i can say that it is a very good iem.

The thing is, various people seems to find zsr better than zs10. It's not my case. I find zs10 superior in every aspect. A safe upgrade over zsr, for me. Zsr even sounds redundant in my collection. I find the layering and details much better in zs10. And the bigger "soundstage" of zsr for me seems useless. Just like a poorer detail presentation, having harsher highs, while having less definition, more empty space, if that makes any sense. The mids are ok and a little fuller than ZSR. But the highs kill all the smoothness and naturalness that zs10 manage to get. Even with recessed mids. Overall i find zs10 more mature souding. Much, much more revealing considering the whole spectrum.

For the 16$ i payed. It's punching way above its price. The fit is also awesome. It hurts my ears a little. But its perfect on the go. Isolates everything.

Last edited:
May 27, 2018 at 9:45 AM Post #32,759 of 63,920
Received my KZ ZSR. And i can say that it is a very good iem.

The thing is, various people seems to find zsr better than zs10. It's not my case. I find zs10 superior in every aspect. A safe upgrade over zsr, for me. Zsr even sounds redundant in my collection. I find the layering and details much better in zs10. And the bigger "soundstage" of zsr for me seems useless. Just like a poorer detail presentation, having harsher highs, while having less definition, more empty space, if that makes any sense. The mids are ok and a little fuller than ZSR. But the highs kill all the smoothness and naturalness that zs10 manage to get. Even with recessed mids. Overall i find zs10 more mature souding. Much, much more revealing considering the whole spectrum.

For the 16$ i payed. It's punching way above its price. The fit is also awesome. It hurts my ears a little. But its perfect on the go. Isolates everything

...and my ZSR is the pretty translucent green. My ZS10 is the red. So neither is redundant:)

Yes, I am that shallow. Ear jewelry. Can hardly wait until that purple one is released...but I do hope it will sound decent.

May 27, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #32,760 of 63,920
...and my ZSR is the pretty translucent green. My ZS10 is the red. So neither is redundant:)

Yes, I am that shallow. Ear jewelry. Can hardly wait until that purple one is released...but I do hope it will sound decent.

Haha, i find it fair ! About the looks, i was positively impressed by the black zsr. It has a glossy finish. Its actually good lookin. And the cable is also very very good. The downside being the memory wire. The new braided kz zs10 cable is a nightmare. It tangles so easily !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back