1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. buke9
    A bit off topic but there is a meet in East St. Louis at JDS Labs on the 9th of June just a heads up.

Also I don’t feel the bass overwhelms the mids on th ZS10’s at all. I find the separation to be quite good. Yes they have good bass but still don’t think it steps on the lower mids to me they are there and just fine.

mbwilson111 likes this.
  2. mbwilson111
    I think it is illegal here. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

3. buke9
    I see too many people driving with earbuds in and I don’t think it is too safe. Even without the distraction most drivers are oblivious to their surroundings and don’t need another. You need to hear emergency vehicles. Yes I know people with loud stereos in their car can’t hear either and I agree that is a problem also. Too many people take driving too unserious it is one of the biggest killers in the US. Not trying to preach just have to say it is not totally safe.

4. mbwilson111
    Just looked him up... I thought he would be a musician:)

Slater likes this.
  5. toddy0191
    I tried to research this before and couldn't find an answer.

I am guilty of using iems whilst driving, but am very aware of emergency vehicles due to their lights. You can legally drive if you're hearing impaired, so can't see why it's an issue.

@Vidal mentored he drives with full sized headphones on!!

Devodonaldson likes this.
  6. mbwilson111
    But a hearing impaired person is used to compensating for that at all times.

7. buke9
    Wrong thread sorry .

8. toddy0191
    As are headphone purchasing resistance impaired people like ourselves

9. buke9
    Man my wife wished I was one of those.

rokushoo, Strat Rider, Slater and 2 others like this.
  10. Vestat
    I'm from EU and I'm sure 100% its heavily illegal. Like deaf people can't have a driving licence at all. So there is no reason why total isolation, provided by iems, should be somehow allowed.
    Ethically speaking, can't really think about somebody driving totally isolated from the environment. I find it's scary dangerous.

mbwilson111 and rayliam80 like this.
  11. Slater
    It’s actually totally illegal in a lot of states in the US.

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2016/10/31/is-it-legal-to-wear-headphones-while-driving/

No headphones, earbuds, IEMs, ear plugs, or anything else that blocks your hearing at all. Most police that see those people, pull them over in a heartbeat.

I’m sure if you got into an accident, and it was proven you were wearing headphones, the prosecutor would roast you and paint you as a wreckless “distracted driver”.

Last edited: May 26, 2018
    mbwilson111 likes this.
  12. buke9
    As it should be.Driving a vehicle is a privilege and not a right.

13. toddy0191
    20180526_221612.jpg
    It's not illegal in the UK but could be deemed to be driving without due care and attention.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/motors/422...ones-on-to-the-number-of-drinks-you-can-have/

I am one of the most careful drivers I know. A lot people speed in the UK and I consistently see people eating, putting on makeup, talking on their phones, things I would never do.

You all have a valid point though and I'll refrain from doing it from now on. (Feel awful now!!!)

On another note, I find these tips work very well with the ZS10s as I have driver flex issues with the starlines. They also improve isolation.

Last edited: May 26, 2018
    mbwilson111 likes this.
  14. buke9
    I think the ZS10’s are a good earphone.

rayliam80 and mbwilson111 like this.
  15. groucho69
    I never do that...anymore...well not since the last time...at least 2 days ago...maybe more

buke9 and mbwilson111 like this.