Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 12, 2017 at 8:21 PM Post #25,007 of 64,162
I actually don't like those tips but am using some silicone ones with a yellow stem, really like them but forget which iem they came with
In ordering large soft foam tips to try with my fit issues I ordered the New Bee size and style pack, for lack of a better name. Mostly New Bee packages seem to be all foam tips (6 pairs total) either with all tips the same size and color or multiple pairs of S, M, L. But they do have a silicone and foam package, 2 pairs S, M and L in both foam and silicone, 6 pairs total. The silicone ones are thin black for the outer rounded part and yellow for the part that fits over the nozzle. Perhaps these?

Nov 12, 2017 at 9:37 PM Post #25,009 of 64,162
recently on the 11:11 sale i bought few earphones which includes multi brands but most of them are from QKZ but when i was searching for QKZ i found 2 earphones with the same specifications from ohm's to build and looks everthing was similar except the model no ONE IS QKZ DM7 other is QKZ X10, and speaking about about KZ & QKZ When it comes to pricing QKZ Offers low price compared to KZ but KZ offers higher Speaker Frequency Response and sounds much better than QKZ i guess that the parent company of these 2 are the same but they have just divided into different segment eg; Audi, SEAT, ŠKODA, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Ducati, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, Scania and MAN.all these brands are owned by Volkswagen Group (Parent Company) but are divided into different segments to attract the customers. :)

Nov 13, 2017 at 3:14 AM Post #25,010 of 64,162
Hey guys I opened up my ZS5 V2 thought you might like pictures.
IMG_20171112_160342.jpg
IMG_20171112_155656.jpg
IMG_20171112_160514.jpg
IMG_20171112_160111.jpg

Nov 13, 2017 at 4:13 AM Post #25,011 of 64,162
If you think the ZS5's soundstage is okay, I don't know what do you mean by a good soundstage!

The ZS5's soundstage IMO is the best I heard in chifi (20+) I already have. I mean, it's simply brilliant giving a tremendous sense of space and clarity.
Also the ZS6's soundstage is norrower than the ZS5's.

With all the deals on gearbest frequently going on, you can catch the ZS5 for 15€. A steal.
Well I'd upgrade my rating on soundstage front. I experimented with different sources, found that ZS5 is very source dependent. It sounds okay-ish on my phone (Xiaomi Mi5), sounds better when paired with Amp (Topping NX1). Even better with Xduoo X2 and best, surprisingly with my laptop. Yes it does have good soundstage. I'd definitely not call it best as I have some pairs which have much wider soundstage (KZ ED8 and Havi B3 comes to mind).

Yes, price wise it's a steal deal on gearbest. Last time I saw was available at $12.99.

Nov 13, 2017 at 4:18 AM Post #25,012 of 64,162
Spiral Dots are know to be treble enhancing, but i was say that soundstage/imaging-wise.
Depends on IEM actually. For example with **** 4in1 spiral dots help to tame harsh highs.

Hey guys I opened up my ZS5 V2 thought you might like pictures.
What? There`s SMD resistor? Don`t remember having it on my v1. Will check right away and repot back.

Nov 13, 2017 at 5:59 AM Post #25,013 of 64,162
Depends on IEM actually. For example with **** 4in1 spiral dots help to tame harsh highs.

Wow, good to know!

What? There`s SMD resistor? Don`t remember having it on my v1. Will check right away and repot back.

No resistor in v1.

Nov 13, 2017 at 7:11 AM Post #25,015 of 64,162
Last edited:
Nov 13, 2017 at 7:23 AM Post #25,016 of 64,162
Wow, good to know!
Yeah, I use my spirals along with high impedance cable @ 4in1 - result is almost no harsh highs anymore and that way my 4in1 is quite neutral sounding (though mids are too neutral imo).
But it sounds little "dry" and with too short decays/reverbs which makes them little "unnatural" for my taste.

Nov 13, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #25,018 of 64,162
About the ideal tips for ZS6: as i said i think they need a tips with larger bore. Lurking around i have find this:

61nlwjI05SL._SL256_.jpg

Someone use the tips from KZ ED10, on them. I don't have those, but i think they may be worth a try.
I use those exact tips. I bought them on Ali express under the name Kz spiral. It really tames the highs as well as improves mids.
KZ ZS5 is very source dependant, on my laptop (surface pro 4), the highs are really tamed even with the harshest recordings.

Really enjoy my zs5, and am wondering if zs6 would be a nice addition as replacement one day, but am worried about the casing being cold during winter.

Nov 13, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #25,020 of 64,162
I don't have spirals, but to me bigger bore tips make sound more bright but sibilance less perceivable, and soundstage bigger.
Spirals are designed to remove unwanted resonances in "nozzle channel" with dots inside tip barrel. It depends on nozzle type and tip positioning distance along nozzle.
Bigger bore doesn`t always make sound bright because it depends on DD & BA positioning. If BA is front&inside nozzle and sound coming from DD is further distracted by small tip bore, then You`ll hear more (brighter) sound coming from BA. If You increase tip bore size - DD sound gets through.
Different story when BA is positioned deep in shell and away from DD canal - then increasing tip bore size may actually make sound brighter as BA highs and DD highs both get through without obstacle. Then moving to smaller bore size may be good but usually will also raise bass quantity due to shorter and "tighter" canal, making air pressure on membrane and ear-drum higher.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back