Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 27, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #17,358 of 63,916
Hi this thread is so massive, can some kind soul help a lady and let me know which is the best model to buy and with what upgrades so I can purchase immediately. Thank you.

@wendyKL My recommendations can be found here (off-site location, don't feel like typing);

https://thecontraptionist.blog/2017...-place-to-begin-your-audiophile-journey-pt-4/

Along with B9's excellent guide to all things KZ there's also my reviews quite a few of which are KZ - see the link in my signature

Apr 28, 2017 at 2:41 AM Post #17,360 of 63,916
Hi this thread is so massive, can some kind soul help a lady and let me know which is the best model to buy and with what upgrades so I can purchase immediately. Thank you.

ZST Colorful for good balance (and looks), ZS3 for bass (and comfort), and ATR as the best $5 you will ever spend.

(offtopic) You just joined when HeadFi got bad lol.

Apr 28, 2017 at 5:04 AM Post #17,361 of 63,916
You just joined when HeadFi got bad lol.
oh my... what a mess H-fi is atm.

But I wouldn`t call ZST quite balanced, it still has little bass and treble emphasis and I would call it rather slight V-shaped IEM

Apr 28, 2017 at 6:07 AM Post #17,363 of 63,916
I agree...

Doge.jpg

Apr 28, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #17,365 of 63,916
Can anyone tell me what is the diameter of the speaker stem of the ZS3? I'm trying to get a set of aftermarket tips for the ZS3.

5mm, but keep in mind there is no lip to hold tips on.

Edit: Since I had them out I decided to toss them in for a listen. Forgot just how good they were. :grin:

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #17,367 of 63,916
Thank you!
One more thing, what aftermarket tips would you most likely recommend to improve the fit and sound of the ZS3?

Cheers!

I use mine with Ultimate Ears tips. KZ's "Starline" tips are great with them. Look like these. They might come with them now for all I know.

Others I'm sure will have some good suggestions :)

Apr 28, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #17,368 of 63,916
Cheers!

I use mine with Ultimate Ears tips. KZ's "Starline" tips are great with them. Look like these. They might come with them now for all I know.

Others I'm sure will have some good suggestions :)
What is your opinion on the Sony Hybrids (both normal ones and the foam filled ones), Auvio tips and Spinfits?

Apr 28, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #17,369 of 63,916
What is your opinion on the Sony Hybrids (both normal ones and the foam filled ones), Auvio tips and Spinfits?

Haven't tried Auvio or Spinfit before. Love Sony Hybrid tips (both types), but I find they boost mid-bass a bit much for my preferences with the ZS3. Prefer something with a wide bore.

Apr 28, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #17,370 of 63,916
Thank you!
One more thing, what aftermarket tips would you most likely recommend to improve the fit and sound of the ZS3?
I really like these.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SYMBIO-Silicone-Memory-Foam-Special-Hybrid-Universal-Eartips-/122455642972?

They perform like a silicon/foam hybrid, aren't sticky, are comfortable and fit the ZS3 like a glove. It improves the isolation too. I was siting in a park surrounded by screaming kids listening to a PODCAST, not music, and could nary hear a disturbance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back