Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 12, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #16,051 of 63,916
@Mus1c

May I also suggest the ED10? They look great, compact and comfortable, have a traditional design (which I prefer) and as they are cheap, I take them to college every day without worrying too much about damaging them.

I also have the colorful ZSTs and while the detail, clarity & soundstage of ED10s are not as good as those of the ZST, I somehow end up listening to ED10 more than the ZST. I guess that is because the ED10s have deep and punchy bass and it is well suited to the genres of music I listen to - chillout trance, trap music, etc. Also, while the treble on the ED10 is bright, in my opinion, it is not as bright as that of the ZSTs. As a result, I can tolerate ED10s for a longer period of time, for example when I am working or studying and need music to run in the background. I wish I can find a kz iem that is even darker sounding and less bright than the ED10 though.

But when I want to concentrate on music 100%, at home, I go back to the ZSTs 
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 12, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #16,052 of 63,916

I wish I can find a kz iem that is even darker sounding and less bright than the ED10 though.

....Errrrrrrr...Try the ED7s?

They're not very bright. I like them a lot...but I am sure that most people won't. They don't have deep, punchy bass or sparkly treble. So I am pretty sure that most people in this thread will find them dull, dare I say lifeless? They're kinda balanced, but far from neutral. They're on the warm side. 

Feb 13, 2017 at 4:05 AM Post #16,054 of 63,916
ZST is better imho due to ED9 being quite heavy in weight and more prone to moving in ear, even if worn over-ear.

Feb 13, 2017 at 5:45 AM Post #16,056 of 63,916
  Hey everyone!

Could any of the veteran KZ enthusiasts tell me which KZ is more comfortable out of the two; KZ ED9 or KZ ZST?

Thanks in advance....

So which is more comfy? well...
ED9 has weight, you will never forget that you are wearing an earphone. Have I ever experienced it fall off due to weight? never so far.
ZST is lighter. The over-the-ear wire doesn't have memory wire sleeve. The wire will fall off the ear easily if you bop your head or if the wire is wiggled. Not a problem if you don't move a lot.

Feb 13, 2017 at 7:32 AM Post #16,060 of 63,916
Yeah, it is still with me, I guess till T8 is out, it will keep it, then we will see.

However, I must say I am more and more impressed with Z6. I think I needed some time to get used to its sound signature. :smiley:

Feb 13, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #16,062 of 63,916
I want cheap earphones for my XIAOMI smartphone
Around 10 USD
I want clear sound and GOOD microphone performance
What models of KZ or other brands to choose?

Please help me!!!!

You just can't go wrong with the ED7s. If you want more detail (treble really) and bass consider the ED9.

A lot of people like the ED9s, but I hate them. They sound so fatiguing. Highs are too high, and the bass is boomy.

Feb 13, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #16,063 of 63,916
You just can't go wrong with the ED7s. If you want more detail (treble really) and bass consider the ED9.

A lot of people like the ED9s, but I hate them. They sound so fatiguing. Highs are too high, and the bass is boomy.

So you suggest me ED7s and second ED9 ?

what is your opinion for MICROPHONE quality?

Other proposals of KZ and in other brands too

Feb 13, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #16,064 of 63,916
So you suggest me ED7s and second ED9 ?

what is your opinion for MICROPHONE quality?

Other proposals of KZ and in other brands too

I think most KZ's use the same mic, only one I've seen that's different was on the HDS3.  Internally it might be the same circuitry.  I doubt you get any committed answer on this question.  You'll only know if there's a problem with the mic if you get negative feedback from people on the other end, that might not just be down to the mic itself. On a call the position, phone signal and what model of phone will also play a part probably more than the microphone itself. 

Feb 13, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #16,065 of 63,916

I think most KZ's use the same mic, only one I've seen that's different was on the HDS3.  Internally it might be the same circuitry.  I doubt you get any committed answer on this question.  You'll only know if there's a problem with the mic if you get negative feedback from people on the other end, that might not just be down to the mic itself. On a call the position, phone signal and what model of phone will also play a part probably more than the microphone itself. 

Thanks for your info 

Other models of KZ?   OR any other brand in the same price (around 10 USD) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back