Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 14, 2017 at 2:29 AM Post #15,376 of 63,915
i actually had the hyundai luxury car, the genesis--pretty good car, with an awesome lexicon stereo, but it wasn't lexus quality; it was just a little less polished/perfect. which, i realize, has no bearing whatsoever to kz headphones, but i do feel that it's usually a good idea to stick to what you do best. we'll see soon enough how kz does with their totl.

I had beemer 528i and as everyone knows what these mid size sedan is and it has a crap am/fm radio with cassette but glows bloody red so sexy driving in the night,thats all .nothing much even on the sound front. but they are known for german engineering and its price tag. :frowning2:

may be hyundai has to still learn from their japanese brothers like toyota,nissan etc.....like they shd approach same business model to have a lux brand, like what is lexus for toyota,Acura for honda and Infiniti for Nissan etc.....

I agree with the part sticking to best what someone do, but nothing wrong in trying something different too,imo......

we now have fiio from china as an established audio eqmt mfr but what if they stuck to just giving us a small and mid sized headphone amp and dacs just like when they started,as they were good at,then there wldnt be any X series daps evovled. And another brand from western is klipsch to quote,they were pioneers in horn tweeters and such but their foray into IEM realm also tasted success,S4 model is a proof(yeah their single ba x10too).just sayin....

Jan 14, 2017 at 3:16 AM Post #15,377 of 63,915
I feel like I'm always behind the curve with this thread.  My ZS3s FINALLY came in from the 11/11 gearbest sale.

They're good.  Real good.  Best IEM I own so far good(although all of mine are also budget chi-fi).  Slightly bassy, but well controlled.  Mids aren't as recessed as the ED9.  Highs are pulled down a little bit.  Everything's just so enjoyable and smooth.

The cable was pretty damn hard to insert into the IEMs, but I got them in.  Letter-side facing outwards, of course.

-------------------

I would love to join you guys with the ZST bandwagon(esp. with the colorful + silver cable.  mmm, looks sooo good).  But I need to go through some of my other earbuds first before I purchase more.  I shall be happily lurking in this thread.

Jan 14, 2017 at 6:26 AM Post #15,379 of 63,915
Was hesitant for the ED9s,because the EDSE are the perfect size for me, and the ED9 appear larger. The others are over the ESR style, and I've never worn any like that before

The ED9 casing/shell is no larger than edse but they are heavier due to the steel build vs. aluminum IMO they are more versatile with the gold and bronze filters but because of weight they once again IMO are more suited for over ear which I really prefer with all iem's.
Love those shiney ZS3's, had to order a pair to go with my matt finish since I was accidentally sent two of the silver cables when I ordered for my Matt's:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Jan 14, 2017 at 7:27 AM Post #15,380 of 63,915
What comply "style" foam tip for zs3 and zst? T200 or t400? I measured earphones plug diameter that could be 5mm. T200 are for max 4.9mm, t400 for earphones from 5 up to 6.3mm. Have you ever tested them and know what I have to buy?

Jan 14, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #15,387 of 63,915
Since work has been slow today, I took a moment to sit and listen to the new FiiO F1 and see how it compared to the Piston 3 and some of KZ's offerings which included the HDS3.

I have to say, the HDS3 is growing on me. Sitting and listening to some of my favorite EDM mixes from SubSIL3NT Podcast. Nice punchy bass, good treble presence, solid mid-range with decent detail. I still find them a bit unrefined and grainy, but they're fun. Well worth the cost, even if there are better KZ's out there. Build quality is nice, they're lightweight and comfortable, and the cable is fantastic. I always enjoy inline mics at the y-split so that's a huge plus for me. Maybe I was a bit hard on these little guys in the past.

Jan 14, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #15,388 of 63,915
  Since work has been slow today, I took a moment to sit and listen to the new FiiO F1 and see how it compared to the Piston 3 and some of KZ's offerings which included the HDS3.

I have to say, the HDS3 is growing on me. Sitting and listening to some of my favorite EDM mixes from SubSIL3NT Podcast. Nice punchy bass, good treble presence, solid mid-range with decent detail. I still find them a bit unrefined and grainy, but they're fun. Well worth the cost, even if there are better KZ's out there. Build quality is nice, they're lightweight and comfortable, and the cable is fantastic. I always enjoy inline mics at the y-split so that's a huge plus for me. Maybe I was a bit hard on these little guys in the past.

good to see you coming around on these scrambler--i've always like these irrationally. i used to own the yamaha eph100, which cost me north of a hundo . the yamaha were perfectly fine, and very audiophile and such, but i never felt compelled to actually put 'em on. the hds3, otoh, are addictive--i listen to 'em as much as  any of the (too many) iems i own. which isn't to say they're the $6 holy grail, but they're damn fun. which should matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back