Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 7, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #15,181 of 63,914

Thank you for youre response.As soon as i opend the package i was like hmmm...is this good?I did read a lot of reviews and indeed they don't add up for what i am hearing.Its a few dollar but still a shame te recieve a fake/
The weird thing is that they don't sound bad,not at all.But the weirdest thing sound whise is what i explained what happends with the high's when there is more bass.

I am willing to buy a new set,even if it is just to compare.If it still sounds the same to me,then its just mine hearing/taste/explenation.Then i can give a set away,no problem :) Does anyone have a site and preferably some legit seller with it?I already searched this thread and come across 2 Aliepress sellers.One called the KZ Official Store(ordered the ones i have here) and one called the FlagshipStore.

Stores on Ebay and Aliexpress would be great :)

Are you in the UK?

Jan 7, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #15,183 of 63,914
@Dagobert 

Seems legit to me. And if you got your pair from KZ official store in aliexpress, they do send out KZ products with a case, not the original box but a case. Do review your order from them as you might have missed something, usually there are options to include such case. 

Jan 7, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #15,184 of 63,914
  I guess almost everybody here knows that feeling,waiting for a package,then coming home and its there!Its almost a present for youre self every time :p
Today i got mine KZ ED(R)2.First i will tell mine opinion for so far,listing to them as we speak.Its mine first time doing this,so i hope i am doing it right
tongue_smile.gif

[...]
I do have a question.I saw that forum member BWAS1000 ordered the same ones,but it came in a diffrent package.So are mine legit tho?Or just a diffrence and thats it.
Here are some pictures so you guys can see what i am talking about.They whole thing was in a zip lock bag with that barcode and discription on it.
a

About the bag, you just got a gift from the seller, here it is in the official store: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/KZ-B1-High-End-In-Ear-Earphone-Headphones-Storage-Case-Bag/1358152_32333918954.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.GdbQ71
As i was told here before, i don't think we should be worried about a copy of a $3-7 dollar headphone, the copy would be more expensive to make than the own legit pair.
Cheers, and enjoy your buy.

You might just got a different model from the announced one or a pair with a different sound signature for some odd reason.

Jan 7, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #15,185 of 63,914
@Vidal:No sorry to mention.I am in The Netherlands/Holland.
Gearbest or Banggood could also be a option.I don't mind other sites so long as the price is right and the shipping isn't true the roof.

@Kerkyboi:Thank you for youre answer.I didn't knew that.

@Mustache:I didn't saw that at the store
blink.gif
you are good and i am ashamed
tongue_smile.gif
Next time i will look better before some complaining hehe.And youre right about the costs.Maybe i got used to mine Sennheiser sound and having some trouble with describing the sound.I will post it in this thread by the time i do get a second pair of KZ for a little comparison :) Thnx and i will !

Edit:On Gearbest i saw a HDS3 for 4,45! Is that even possible?Just curious
rolleyes.gif

Jan 7, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #15,188 of 63,914
Ear-guides will fix you.....another option is to use a cable tie as a chin-slider,above the y-split.

Plus one on the diy chin slider, I do this for all of my iem that doesn't come with one

Jan 7, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #15,189 of 63,914
I've used my KZ ATR for 3-4 days,and I want to say that it's amazing!

Originally,I'm using a $20 Audio-Technica earphone(which is terrible in it's price range).Changing it to ATR is a major step up for me!Compare to the SE215 from my friend,it has a similar soundstage(but SE215 separation is a bit better).For the bass part,ATR simply crushed the SE215 with a large amount of bass and it's much more detail compare to SE215 which sounds muffled(maybe because of the use of foam tips).
Mid-frequency is certainly not the best in ATR.It sounds flat as it has a slightly V-shaped frequency.Still,it's better than SE215 as it's more detail.
Treble is better than I expected.It never gets super sharp compare to some ATH earphone(like my $20 one).However,I found it satisfied when listening to female vocal.
Overall,compare to SE215,this is definitely a better deal for me.

However,everything has two side.The size of ATR is quite huge and it's hard to adopt to it.Also,the cable looks unattractive and super soft,which makes this earphone (maybe) not so durable.However,you can always buy ATR FOR around $5.So it's no big deal :)

BTW,this is my first post in Head-Fi :D Welcome everyone !

Jan 7, 2017 at 9:15 PM Post #15,190 of 63,914
Edit:On Gearbest i saw a HDS3 for 4,45! Is that even possible?Just curious
rolleyes.gif

Gearbest has the cheapest KZ prices usually.  The ATR and ED9 I got from them were legit, so I don't see any issues with them.  Still waiting for my ZS3 though...shipping to US is taking soooo long.

Jan 8, 2017 at 1:27 AM Post #15,194 of 63,914
I guess almost everybody here knows that feeling,waiting for a package,then coming home and its there!Its almost a present for youre self every time :p
Today i got mine KZ ED(R)2.First i will tell mine opinion for so far,listing to them as we speak.Its mine first time doing this,so i hope i am doing it right:tongue_smile:
t :)

I do have a question.I saw that forum member BWAS1000 ordered the same ones,but it came in a diffrent package.So are mine legit tho?Or just a diffrence and thats it.
Here are some pictures so you guys can see what i am talking about.They whole thing was in a zip lock bag with that barcode and discription on it.

No worries,its original like mustache replied......I think I didntget mine a case with my pair of edr2. that cable alone is like $1.59-$2.0 and its mostly on KZ models that I've seen and kz case is like between $0.70-$1 thru out ali,them being translates to roughly $2-$3.......so its hard to keep a profit margin those who copy cat them.Will try to post mine a picture when I find time.

Give them a good ear-time,it definitely sounds good for the price and you did already mentioned how good they are!
btw,just ignore the sticker which reads diff model with mic.:wink:

Jan 8, 2017 at 2:10 AM Post #15,195 of 63,914
Where did you guys buy your DAC/Amps? Is there an affordable and quality option (like the KZ's :p)?
And is it viable to go out with a portable DAC/Amp or it's not worth the bother?

This thread will give you more info you lookin for and many cld post their recommendations if you shoot your questions there........yes there are budget dac/amps like fiio etc and these KZs doesn't require one but nothing wrong in trying one, to hear yourself how they respond/scale-up with your source(stream). Nevertheless @ one one point of time in this journey, you will buy one and progress to one level up!!!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back