Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 8, 2017 at 2:40 AM Post #15,196 of 63,834
I've used my KZ ATR for 3-4 days,and I want to say that it's amazing!

Originally,I'm using a $20 Audio-Technica earphone(which is terrible in it's price range).Changing it to ATR is a major step up for me!Compare to the SE215 from my friend,it has a similar soundstage(but SE215 separation is a bit better).For the bass part,ATR simply crushed the SE215 with a large amount of bass and it's much more detail compare to SE215 which sounds muffled(maybe because of the use of foam tips).
Mid-frequency is certainly not the best in ATR.It sounds flat as it has a slightly V-shaped frequency.Still,it's better than SE215 as it's more detail.
Treble is better than I expected.It never gets super sharp compare to some ATH earphone(like my $20 one).However,I found it satisfied when listening to female vocal.
Overall,compare to SE215,this is definitely a better deal for me.

However,everything has two side.The size of ATR is quite huge and it's hard to adopt to it.Also,the cable looks unattractive and super soft,which makes this earphone (maybe) not so durable.However,you can always buy ATR FOR around $5.So it's no big deal
smily_headphones1.gif

BTW,this is my first post in Head-Fi
biggrin.gif
Welcome everyone !

Please try KZ "starline" silicone tips with ATR - they make ATR sound more coherent and balanced. Also detail, clarity and separation is slightly improved.

Jan 8, 2017 at 7:44 AM Post #15,208 of 63,834
when i look at my atr it say ultra bass but it doesn't has that bassy bass i think this has to be a troll or something.:confused:

May be they are bit more refined (quality) over its cousins?.......I wld'nt consider those descriptions any serious. try small tips of any model from your bunch.

I can quote another ex: vsonic gr07 BE(bass edition),they are'nt bass head/super heavy bass by the model name,by any means,but it is, to its other line-ups,gr07 mki,mkii and CE.

Jan 8, 2017 at 7:49 AM Post #15,210 of 63,834
May be they are bit more refined (quality) over its cousins?.......I wld'nt consider those descriptions any serious. try small tips of any model from your bunch.

I can quote another ex: vsonic gr07 BE(bass edition),they are'nt bass head/super heavy bass by the model name,by any means,but it is, to its other line-ups,gr07 mki,mkii and CE.
so it nothing to do with the ultra bass wordz,what a bummer i thought it will be super bassy iem when i first got it.:neutral_face::expressionless:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back