Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 6, 2017 at 4:23 AM Post #15,106 of 64,382
@khighlywhat is your preferred kz iem and love the most?

ZST. There was a bad batch a few months ago but you'll find almost nobody saying they're bad now. ATE would be my second choice, followed by ATR's. I would recommend reading previous posts where I explain why the ZST is still my favorite :)

For KZ I have only tested ED12, ZST, ATE, ATR. I'd be open to receiving new pairs, or even testing whatever new swag KZ is coming out with, but I'm an absolutely terrible marketer because I tell it like it is.

Jan 6, 2017 at 4:23 AM Post #15,107 of 64,382
Jan 6, 2017 at 4:25 AM Post #15,108 of 64,382
  Anyone willing to lend me a pair of the ZS3's? I have tiny ears, but big ear canals for some reason so I'm not sure if they case of them will fit. I'd rather try before I buy. I'd be willing to send you the the tennmak pro's as collateral since I'm somewhat new here. I'll pay shipping both ways.

The ZS3 are smaller than the ZST, but the sound kinda like the ATR,s with more bass. 

Jan 6, 2017 at 4:26 AM Post #15,110 of 64,382
Also $7.89 on gearbest.

http://www.gearbest.com/on-ear-over-ear-headphones/pp_436717.html?

Although shipping is sooooo dang slow for me.

Jan 6, 2017 at 4:26 AM Post #15,111 of 64,382
  Anyone willing to lend me a pair of the ZS3's? I have tiny ears, but big ear canals for some reason so I'm not sure if they case of them will fit. I'd rather try before I buy. I'd be willing to send you the the tennmak pro's as collateral since I'm somewhat new here. I'll pay shipping both ways.

The ZS3 fits about the same (maybe even a tad smaller) in my ears as the ZST, the ZS3 just sticks out more by design, which I suspect is one factor in the strong bass (longer sound chamber). So if the ZST fits your ears, the ZS3 should as well.

Jan 6, 2017 at 4:28 AM Post #15,112 of 64,382

ZST. There was a bad batch a few months ago but you'll find almost nobody saying they're bad now. ATE would be my second choice, followed by ATR's. I would recommend reading previous posts where I explain why the ZST is still my favorite :)

For KZ I have only tested ED12, ZST, ATE, ATR. I'd be open to receiving new pairs, or even testing whatever new swag KZ is coming out with, but I'm an absolutely terrible marketer because I tell it like it is.

I dun really recommend KZ zs3 if you liked ATE.

I own ATE, ATE-S and zs3 and personally prefer ATE-s over them.

Jan 6, 2017 at 4:29 AM Post #15,113 of 64,382

For KZ I have only tested ED12, ZST, ATE, ATR.
ok,from i heard your thoughts on kz zst in previous post,so i will decide to buy kz zst,kz ate and kzs3 is any good and how about kz zst colorful is there any changes in term of sound quality?

Jan 6, 2017 at 4:35 AM Post #15,114 of 64,382

...ZS3 just sticks out more by design, which I suspect is one factor in the strong bass (longer sound chamber). So if the ZST fits your ears, the ZS3 should as well.

Longer sound chamber usually do not make bass stronger (by that I mean tighter and harder hitting), rather more "boomy" and more present.
This is due to larger amount of air between driver membrane and ear-drum. 
Though, Idk exactly how much is the ZS3 inner "pipe" diameter. If it is small enough, it can have the effect You mentioned. 
Imo and experience with modding, making chamber shorter and rather larger diameter has better effect making bass more accurate, tight and punchy, without getting "boomy" or over-boosted.

Jan 6, 2017 at 4:47 AM Post #15,115 of 64,382
  Longer sound chamber usually do not make bass stronger (by that I mean tighter and harder hitting), rather more "boomy" and more present.
This is due to larger amount of air between driver membrane and ear-drum. 
Though, Idk exactly how much is the ZS3 inner "pipe" diameter. If it is small enough, it can have the effect You mentioned. 
Imo and experience with modding, making chamber shorter and rather larger diameter has better effect making bass more accurate, tight and punchy, without getting "boomy" or over-boosted.

So alike a exhaust System, teck the Mufflers out for more Mids and Height,s "http://www.head-fi.org/t/698148/lightbox/post/13111065/id/1780586"

Jan 6, 2017 at 5:01 AM Post #15,116 of 64,382
Give a good listen on a lower volume for a day or two. Your brain will adjust to the highs and they will open right up. I have this issue every time I come back from the Tennmak Pro's.  My ears screm until I give them a chance to 'self EQ'. Lol.

I'll give it a go tonight.

The ZS3 are smaller than the ZST, but the sound kinda like the ATR,s with more bass. 

So I just gave my super very fresh ATR's their first air time. 5 tracks out now, And so far Im liking it better than my ZST, I would say maybe because it does sound like the ZS3 with lesser bass extension and soundstage. I need to burn them in, I'm noticing change in its sound as of now, i'll get back to you guys tomorrow for my initial impressions. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jan 6, 2017 at 6:42 AM Post #15,117 of 64,382
And... I am still waiting for my ATRs, the parcel is probably stuck at the airport.
Malaysia post sucks, at least for me.

I am really eager to try ATR after all that controversy, though I am pretty sure most hate comments are made with the mindset of "This ain't what I like so it's trash".
Also no plans on ordering ZSTs especially after hearing a lot of people saying it has sharp highs which I massively dislike, so I won't be able to join this conversation without being subjective...
On another note I am still waiting for that ZSR PRO, ZST PRO whatever it's called.

Jan 6, 2017 at 6:52 AM Post #15,118 of 64,382
  And... I am still waiting for my ATRs, the parcel is probably stuck at the airport.

I am really eager to try ATR after all that controversy, though I am pretty sure most hate comments are made with the mindset of "This ain't what I like so it's trash".
Also no plans on ordering ZSTs especially after hearing a lot of people saying it has sharp highs which I massively dislike, so I won't be able to join this conversation without being subjective...
On another note I am still waiting for that ZSR PRO, ZST PRO whatever it's called.

Sorry for Your ATR taking so long to arrive.

About ZST`s, I should get mine soon, so I`ll inform You about it since our hearing is quite similar :wink:
If You still haven`t got Yourself 5th gen ATE - I recommend to get it, esecially because I know You like 2nd gen ATE very much.
They are just a slight upgrade over 2nd gen but still, it`s noticeable for me with well mastered recordings and revealing source gear.
Give a good listen on a lower volume for a day or two. Your brain will adjust to the highs and they will open right up. I have this issue every time I come back from the Tennmak Pro's.  My ears screm until I give them a chance to 'self EQ'. Lol.

I'll give it a go tonight.

My opinion about that kind of "harshness-brain-burn-in" is that nobody should "adjust" his/her hearing with harsh or sibilant sounding IEM`s. Why? Because our hearing is most sensitive to high frequencies and also takes damage from it fastest and easiest!
Only "brain-ear-burn-in" I "recommend" is just to rest Your ears day or two in relatively silent environment.
If after that, listening with slightly less vol than average, highs are still harsh, then the IEM IS harsh and not correct enough for Your ears.
No-one should "force" himself to such "adjustment" with high freq and damage hearing.

Jan 6, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #15,119 of 64,382

hey shadowsora im from malaysia too and i have the kz atr about a month now and its sound amazing and Where did you order the kz atr from lazada or 11th street?

Jan 6, 2017 at 7:00 AM Post #15,120 of 64,382
hey shadowsora im from malaysia too and i have the kz atr about a month now and its sound amazing and Where did you order the kz atr from lazada or 11th street?

No, I am not from Malaysia, but they sent me the parcel through Malaysia post and usually parcels are way too late when coming to Greece, I see it's a hit or miss though.

Sorry for Your ATR taking so long to arrive.

About ZST`s, I should get mine soon, so I`ll inform You about it since our hearing is quite similar :wink:
If You still haven`t got Yourself 5th gen ATE - I recommend to get it, esecially because I know You like 2nd gen ATE very much.
They are just a slight upgrade over 2nd gen but still, it`s noticeable for me with well mastered recordings and revealing source gear.

I am pretty sure you have already mentioned this but can you tell me the code of the 5th gen ATE, I am on a search right now.
Getting tired of MH1 and Quadbeats...
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back