Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 4, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #14,014 of 63,958
  The ZS3s and ZSTs are much bigger than the ATRs and ATEs?

Not certain about the ZST but yes, the ZS3 are significantly larger than the ATE, though they are more comfortable than the ATE because they are rounder in shape, at least in my ears.

Dec 4, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #14,015 of 63,958
Here is a quick pic of my ZST and ATE, the shell of ZST is bigger but the nozzle is shorter, all in all, ZST are comfy to wear.

The ATE's and ATR's hurt my ears significantly and I can only wear them for 15-20 minute periods. The ZST's are very comfortable and I can sleep with them in.

Dec 4, 2016 at 8:17 PM Post #14,017 of 63,958
  i have no problems at all with the ATR, but the ZS3 needs a bit more careful positioning (and correct tips) to feel ok in my ears.

I guess I'll stay away from the ZS3's then! :)

Dec 4, 2016 at 9:14 PM Post #14,018 of 63,958
I just received the colorful ZST, and I have to say that OOTB I'm really liking them! Compared to my more expensive IEMs, the ZST doesn't sound as warm but the mids don't really sound scooped. There seems to be more treble presence (not sibilant to my ears at all), but there is no peak in the high mids (I really don't like bumps between the 5 - 7khz region). Perhaps the sound signature is W-shaped?

Dec 4, 2016 at 10:32 PM Post #14,019 of 63,958
I guess I'll stay away from the ZS3's then! :)

On the other hand the ZS3 sit very comfortably in my ears despite being larger, can be used for longer periods without hurting (the ATE/ATR shells are less rounded and cause slight irritation in my ears) and seal fine with the stock tips in my ears. To me they are easier to get a good seal with than my ATE.

The only fault I can point out is that the ear guides on the cable are a bit stiff and as a result harder to get in the proper shape and the Bass in some tracks can sometimes bleed into the mids and muddy them up a bit, but overall I quite enjoy them both for music and games.

Dec 5, 2016 at 12:40 AM Post #14,021 of 63,958
Zsr pro will come out soon , I have a feeling

I hope you're right buddy. Can't sleep right now and all I can think of is my ZST arriving tomorrow. If anyone can go from making a bucket-load of good hyber-budget, single DD earphones to five-driver hybrids, and do it well, it's gonna be KZ. I have confidence in them.

Dec 5, 2016 at 1:13 AM Post #14,023 of 63,958
  I just received the colorful ZST, and I have to say that OOTB I'm really liking them! Compared to my more expensive IEMs, the ZST doesn't sound as warm but the mids don't really sound scooped. There seems to be more treble presence (not sibilant to my ears at all), but there is no peak in the high mids (I really don't like bumps between the 5 - 7khz region). Perhaps the sound signature is W-shaped?

How about the bass? Can You compare ATE (non-S) or ATR to ZST ? 

Dec 5, 2016 at 2:27 AM Post #14,024 of 63,958
  How about the bass? Can You compare ATE (non-S) or ATR to ZST ? 

I've got an ATR on the way from Gearbest (shipped 9th November).

I did have an ATE, but I disliked it enough to conclude that it was defective. This was ages ago, before the black/translucent ATE was released. No matter what tips I used, there was zero bass unless I physically pushed the IEMs in my ear and kept them pressed. There was also a huge peak somewhere around the 3 - 5khz region that made the entire signature sound way too shouty. I've been too scared to order another ATE, but I've read that the ATR is similar, and all the positive remarks (plus the low cost) convinced me to purchase a pair!

btw, my initial impressions aren't too far off from my measurements!

Dec 5, 2016 at 3:57 AM Post #14,025 of 63,958

btw, my initial impressions aren't too far off from my measurements!

This is ZST measurement? 

About ATE... I recommend You to try 5th gen ATE because their soundstage is bigger and more open sounding than ATR but they have slightly smoother highs and laid-back bass and more distant imaging and better mids. Maybe it isn`t your prefferred signature but recommend to try them out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back