Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 2, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #13,966 of 64,152
Hi, no I ordered them from Gearbest on 19.11. Many others are still waiting for their order since they are said to be out of stock. So I think I randomly got a return.
For many this would be a no go but I am actually quite happy that I got them that quick and hope they will work without any flaws. =)

Dec 2, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #13,967 of 64,152
Hi, no I ordered them from Gearbest on 19.11. Many others are still waiting for their order since they are said to be out of stock. So I think I randomly got a return.
For many this would be a no go but I am actually quite happy that I got them that quick and hope they will work without any flaws. =)

I think gearbest is known to do spot-checking, so your opened IEM maybe have been one that they tested.

Dec 2, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #13,969 of 64,152
Hey, i received my checkered kz zst's today morning (ordered from gearbest), i tried them briefly before putting them on burn, i got to say i dont hear any mid bass bloat tried several sources they sound bright with piercing treble and not bass heavy as i anticipated reading other members impressions, i do prefer a warmer sound signature but the clear clarity with not overpowering bass makes me like how these sound , the bass is abit splashy but controlled, im using the stock cables too, i will let them burn in then try them again, maybe kz do have some qc issues going on, another earphone i got last week was the yinyw s1 which in my opinion due to personal prefrence sound better then the zst's.

After leaving the ZST's to burn in for a couple of days with an app I have,  then leaving some music playing on moderate volume throughout the night's,

I was impressed I don't know if the burn in helped or not nevertheless this time I listened to many songs different genres my usual playlist with all the songs I'm familiar with, really liked the bass its not too over bearing or too shallow, perfectly timed accurate lows really compliments the vocals with certain songs, soundstage is above average & imaging is excellent from what I hear, the highs are so clear they can take a little while to get use to i think i misjudged them as the treble is a tad bit sharp but indeed tolerable with certain songs i kept the volume lower depending on the song being played this helped my ears get use to the sound them I cranked it up a lil with no problems at all, they have amazing clarity and good detail it brings out the layers of the song to forefront, with the songs I'm use to listening to nearly every song sounded amazing barring the low quality audio I have with makes the treble harsh & bass fuzzy slightly, I listened for over an hour when I was suppose just try them for 10mins lol the sound was immersive it through me off a lil. 

And I take it back no way the yinyw s1 is better then these. I been listening to them during the day & I'm glad I bought them,  they cost about £10 for that they sound amazing. Sorry about my bad grammar just wanted to write a quick follow up on the way to work.

Dec 2, 2016 at 8:08 PM Post #13,972 of 64,152
^^ You guys believe me now? ^^

wink_face.gif

Dec 2, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #13,974 of 64,152

After leaving the ZST's to burn in for a couple of days with an app I have,  then leaving some music playing on moderate volume throughout the night's,

I was impressed I don't know if the burn in helped or not nevertheless this time I listened to many songs different genres my usual playlist with all the songs I'm familiar with, really liked the bass its not too over bearing or too shallow, perfectly timed accurate lows really compliments the vocals with certain songs, soundstage is above average & imaging is excellent from what I hear, the highs are so clear they can take a little while to get use to i think i misjudged them as the treble is a tad bit sharp but indeed tolerable with certain songs i kept the volume lower depending on the song being played this helped my ears get use to the sound them I cranked it up a lil with no problems at all, they have amazing clarity and good detail it brings out the layers of the song to forefront, with the songs I'm use to listening to nearly every song sounded amazing barring the low quality audio I have with makes the treble harsh & bass fuzzy slightly, I listened for over an hour when I was suppose just try them for 10mins lol the sound was immersive it through me off a lil. 

And I take it back no way the yinyw s1 is better then these. I been listening to them during the day & I'm glad I bought them,  they cost about £10 for that they sound amazing. Sorry about my bad grammar just wanted to write a quick follow up on the way to work.

I feel like the bass is very "how it's supposed to sound" even though in some songs it's really heavy and some it's really recessed - as mastered. Highs take awhile to get used to, but they're amazingly clear and precise extending way up the band.

John Mayer - Bold As Love [Continuum] (Excellent kick drum really shows off the bass performance of these. It's moving.)

Dec 3, 2016 at 1:14 AM Post #13,975 of 64,152
Okay, seems ZST quality has improved but now the question by latest posts - are ZST highs harsh like 4in1 or smoother?

Dec 3, 2016 at 2:07 AM Post #13,976 of 64,152
okkkkk...opened up my toys..

zS3 has strong affinity with my samsungNote3... a fuller more thumping sound, i can live with this;
{than off my desktop dacamp ( thinner leaner )...v initial listening,,
bass has that large diffused spread...}
have to put in the 100hours for the diaphragm to settle ?:p
---------------

Off the bat the ED9 is very "together"..like a beyer T1 kind of sound, 
high energy tight slight warmth neutral clear/crystal tone.
Can be a tat bright/too clear, but u can swap the nozzle to tame it down a notch..just right for my ears.
Fantastic Buy..
i highly recommend this as a "audiophile gift" to your frens without embarrassment  LOL.

--------------
ED2 is slightly less refined than ED9 but still a good iem for pop radio music.
...will still get by as a great gift for the "less discerning" in your clan..hee.

---------------

ATR...more along the soundsig of ZS3,,has that big diffused spacious sound/thump..
but less of that customfit isolation. Put it back into the box as gifts for the boys in the clan. :p

--------------
My ZST didnt show up....tsktsk.,,this should eat the ZS3 for breakfast??
i am anxious...intending to keep this for MYSELF !!

# sorry i cant give more coherent description...v brief testings.

overall rating...v satisfied.
KZ is kickass$$$$$$$$$$$ company...and Gearbest their greates$$$$t store.!!!

Dec 3, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #13,977 of 64,152
  First impressions:
I think I've got a used or at least opened ZS3. The package had no foil around it, scratches on the inner plastic, also the cable was formed to the wrong direction on the right site (Like someone had tried to plug it in in the opposite direction and then fitted it to their ears) and the package with the tips seemed to be either poorly sealed or opened once. Maybe because of the wrongly inserted cable they were sent back, the right side sounded faulty at first until I rearranged the cable. (I didn't knew how the cable should be connected so I took the form of the earhooks as a clue)
Nontheless they sound awesome 
biggrin.gif
 For me this is the next Jackpot after the ED3. Beside a tiny bit of too much bass this is the sound signature I'm looking for right now. 
Well, one man's loss is another one's gain.
The ATR actually sounds pretty alike. A bit artificial in direct comparison. Not bad though, but I'll prefer the ZS3.

I've had the Urbanfun to listen to music for the last few days and what I missed where those exciting highs. They are still good headphones and have their treble but it sounds dull. Maybe that's what many refer to as "sparkling highs", something I really crave right now.

Now I really wonder how the ZST will perform. 

Edit: There's a sticker on it "QC 76" so it might really be tested and therefor opened?

Hi, as another has pointed out Gearbest does do checks and opens up the packages.

My reselller didn't tell me who supplied his stock but said they open his orders too as the supplier is the one that helped him repack the KZs with mic or mic-free cables. For example, my matte replacement ZS3 had a box with a "Mic" sticker but the seal was broken to replace the cable.

Note to new ZS3 users plugging in cables, there are R/L alphabets on the cable ends connecting to the earphones. They should face out and away from your face when plugged in. This means that when I hold up my right ZS3 earbud, the I should see both the "Right" on the earbud and the R on the connector facing the same way. Hope this helps!

Dec 3, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #13,978 of 64,152
Hi, as another has pointed out Gearbest does do checks and opens up the packages.

My reselller didn't tell me who supplied his stock but said they open his orders too as the supplier is the one that helped him repack the KZs with mic or mic-free cables. For example, my matte replacement ZS3 had a box with a "Mic" sticker but the seal was broken to replace the cable.

Note to new ZS3 users plugging in cables, there are R/L alphabets on the cable ends connecting to the earphones. They should face out and away from your face when plugged in. This means that when I hold up my right ZS3 earbud, the I should see both the "Right" on the earbud and the R on the connector facing the same way. Hope this helps!

Thats correct on the cable pluggin into the R & L ear-pieces....thx for bringing that up!

I actually took some snaps to post them here but ended up in vain coz my handy candy has gingerbread and it gave me hell of a hard time so I gave up and decided to post them thru some other source,if I cld.and oh the flying banners.:frowning2:

Dec 3, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #13,979 of 64,152
  which ear tips you guys recommend for atr & ate

Would be interested in that too.

Having ATR on my way. For $4 they were a steal. Very interested what they sound like and if they live up my expectations after reading parts of this thread.

KZ "Starline" silicone tips (smallest if possible).

Dec 3, 2016 at 6:54 PM Post #13,980 of 64,152
Wooohooooo, the ED12's and ZST's I ordered on November 10th from GearBest finally shipped! Now to survive the 2-3 week wait as I choose Canada Post Expedited for the shipping.

As for the other two I own, I definitely like my ZS3's when I'm out as they didn't try to go for a walk off of my ears when I was out and about like the ATR's did, so at least for a quick grocery run while wearing a hoodie they stay right where you leave them. My opinions of the ATR's for going out will probably change when I switch back to short hair though... For listening at home I haven't decided which of the two I prefer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back