Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 28, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #13,802 of 63,914
GearBest finally shipped out my ZS3 from the 11/11 sale. ED9 still hasn't shipped though.

Nov 28, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #13,803 of 63,914
  Can you give me a link to the foam tips you bought?  I can't find any foam tips on Gearbest.  Thanks.

I bought these for my ZS3, since I found them recommended earlier somewhere in this thread.
However, I don't think these will fit on the ZST? Not sure... Haven't ordered any for the ZST yet...
I think the ZST has a opening of 4mm, is that correct? If then, I might get these in T200 S/M/L

Nov 28, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #13,805 of 63,914
  Nope, my point was about within KZ range that I have got. With the modifications suggested for ZST (that is to buy a new set of cables costing 7 to 10 USD and Ortofon tips costing anywhere between 20 to 30 USD) will shoot up the overall price like crazy (that is roughly between 40-50 USD as a whole). In such scenario, I feel ROI on such setup will be much lower.

Those hybrids were mentioned for reference POV (as I am already comfortable with my existing under/near 30 USD Hybrid collection) to the other poster who suggested me to try Kinera hybrids.

Yeah I wouldn't buy ridiculously expensive tips for them either. I bought some memory foam tips but to be fair, I was expecting to need them with the ZS3 and the default tips isolate perfectly by default and the case just sits comfortably in my ear without any need to adjust so I might not even use any tips with the ZST, assuming the case is very similar to the ZS3's, which it appears to be from pictures.

I spent just over 20 euros with the most expensive ZST I ordered. If at that price the performance is comparable/competitive with the other IEM I ordered I won't judge them negatively for "requiring" some addons to be at their best, though I will mention that fact.

Nov 28, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #13,806 of 63,914
You can go to "my orders" and there's a button that says something like "dispatch now".
I don't think it does anything, but it will give you a good feeling.

Problem right now is they're having stockung/fulfilment issues with some KZ headphones due to their popularity... Both the ZS3's and ZST's are apparently in limited supply, or so says customer service.

I'm still waiting on my ZST's to ship and it's been 18 days now for a product that had a 2-4 business day window for shipping.

Nov 28, 2016 at 4:22 PM Post #13,807 of 63,914
Problem right now is they're having stockung/fulfilment issues with some KZ headphones due to their popularity... Both the ZS3's and ZST's are apparently in limited supply, or so says customer service.

I'm still waiting on my ZST's to ship and it's been 18 days now for a product that had a 2-4 business day window for shipping.

Where did you order? I ordered mine on AliExpress, let's hope I don't have th same issue :frowning2:

Nov 28, 2016 at 5:52 PM Post #13,808 of 63,914
Just a heads-up for those who I told to expect ZST impressions soon, I only just noticed that Gearbest has not shipped my order yet, even though I placed it over a week ago on the 19th. My colorful ZST order shipped on the 28th but I'm expecting them to arrive, at best around Christmas, at worst in early January, so it might be a long time before I can share my impressions. My next KZ headphone deliveries will probably be the ED9 followed by the ATR.

The good news though is that I'll be able to test the ZST with the upgraded silver-coated cable straight away instead of having suspend final judgement on them for a few weeks.

Nov 28, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #13,809 of 63,914
Hmmm my ZS3 (ordered 19.11 on GB) and the ZST (ordered 25.11 at AE) are marked as shipped. Lucky me I guess. 
redface.gif

Nov 28, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #13,810 of 63,914
  Hmmm my ZS3 (ordered 19.11 on GB) and the ZST (ordered 25.11 at AE) are marked as shipped. Lucky me I guess. 
redface.gif

This is the first time I've had this sort of issue with Gearbest, I'm honestly quite disappointed. I placed another order a couple of days after the ZST one and it shipped the next day, it seems like they made a major flub with my order and now it's probably buried under the pile of orders from Black Friday, which is exactly what I wanted to avoid when I ordered them so soon.

Nov 28, 2016 at 6:54 PM Post #13,811 of 63,914

This is the first time I've had this sort of issue with Gearbest, I'm honestly quite disappointed. I placed another order a couple of days after the ZST one and it shipped the next day, it seems like they made a major flub with my order and now it's probably buried under the pile of orders from Black Friday, which is exactly what I wanted to avoid when I ordered them so soon.

Like trying to beat the traffic after work.

Nov 28, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #13,813 of 63,914
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nobody should!

I'm still on my ZST, and lovin it! my ZS3 burn is should be more or less done (clocked in about 50hr or so looping all kinds of music that I listen to). likely will test them tomorrow. and then burn in of my DT2s. I've got quite high hopes for the ZS3, them being the flagship model. I like the ZST cause they look pretty. LoL...

Nov 28, 2016 at 8:38 PM Post #13,814 of 63,914

You can go to "my orders" and there's a button that says something like "dispatch now".
I don't think it does anything, but it will give you a good feeling.

LOL!  Never noticed that.  My Gearbest 11/11 stuff has already arrived, but I'm still waiting on the stuff I ordered through KZ's Ali store.  They should dispatch those things now!

Nov 28, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #13,815 of 63,914
Where did you order? I ordered mine on AliExpress, let's hope I don't have th same issue
frown.gif

I ordered through GearBest.  I'll be ordering a pair of the colourful ZST's off of AliExpress probably next week simply because I want that candy purple-blue (and/or a pair to have at home and a pair on the road, or something)

Just a heads-up for those who I told to expect ZST impressions soon, I only just noticed that Gearbest has not shipped my order yet, even though I placed it over a week ago on the 19th. My colorful ZST order shipped on the 28th but I'm expecting them to arrive, at best around Christmas, at worst in early January, so it might be a long time before I can share my impressions. My next KZ headphone deliveries will probably be the ED9 followed by the ATR.

The good news though is that I'll be able to test the ZST with the upgraded silver-coated cable straight away instead of having suspend final judgement on them for a few weeks.

I put in a ticket to GearBest on November 24th about my order for two pairs of KZ ZST's that I had placed on November 10th (two pairs so hubby can have a pair too)...  They responded first thing November 25th, and told me it would be another 7 days, which would be December 2nd, so hopefully we start seeing some shipping notices then ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back