Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 15, 2015 at 8:41 PM Post #8,281 of 64,271
Got my HDS2. When I tried to pull the tips off, I ripped half the casing off. The driver included. There's barely any glue on it.

I've had other KZ headphones and this is the only one so fragile.

Oh man, and I thought they look well-built (in the style of Yamaha).

Dec 15, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #8,282 of 64,271

Oh man, and I thought they look well-built (in the style of Yamaha).

I think that experience will be an exception. KZ's stuff for the most part is very consistent in overall build quality. My pair in particular is very solid (though I'm not necessarily the biggest fan of their sound).

Dec 15, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #8,283 of 64,271

I think that experience will be an exception. KZ's stuff for the most part if very consistent in overall build quality. My pair in particular is very solid (though I'm not necessarily the biggest fan of their sound).

I would agree with you, my 3 pairs are holding steady. The worst case of build quality issue I had was the Ostry KC06 where they did not apply glue to the barrel of the 3.5mm jack.

Dec 15, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #8,285 of 64,271
  Since my KZs won't be delivered in time before I leave, should I pick up the Piston 3s in the mean time for my flight? Or just deal with the Mee M6 I've been rocking for a few years now.

Piston 3 is good, but their isolation is mediocre at best. I can't see them working well for a flight. 

Dec 16, 2015 at 4:50 AM Post #8,288 of 64,271
Cant stress enough how good the HDS1 is! It's so balanced, mildly warm, light, small, isolating well and the sound is really (budget) HiFi -for as far as "HiFi" exists at all. The bass could be a little bit less, but is not too much at all at any genre Ive thrown them at. The highs and mids... theyre so great! Warm and revealing, missing not any detail, and at the same time all but shrill, harsh or fatiguing. At the $6 I got them they are a no brainer!

They have heard:
Bryan Adams, Bob Dylan, Michael Jackson, Elvis Presley, Rolling Stones and Mozart and I have yet to find a shortcoming. 

Dec 16, 2015 at 5:06 AM Post #8,289 of 64,271
I think that experience will be an exception. KZ's stuff for the most part if very consistent in overall build quality. My pair in particular is very solid (though I'm not necessarily the biggest fan of their sound).

Yeah, my other KZ stuff are rock solid. Hope this is just a one-off instead of a design failure. I've accidentally ordered another one and due to language barriers, I couldn't cancel it in time. Let's see how that works out.

Dec 16, 2015 at 5:57 AM Post #8,290 of 64,271
Got my HDS2. When I tried to pull the tips off, I ripped half the casing off. The driver included. There's barely any glue on it.

I've had other KZ headphones and this is the only one so fragile.

Sounds like my original experience with the Micro Ring, except that had no glue at all, haha.
My too..
ac14f3b3885ff399d623c1237340598d.jpg
[/IMG]

Dec 16, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #8,291 of 64,271
Appreciating the ED9 currently. Gold nozzle. Fun bass, bright treble, level mids, able to keep up with some (not all) fast songs. Good separation compared to ED3c which can sound muddled during fast passages.

Dec 16, 2015 at 7:38 AM Post #8,292 of 64,271
ED9 still the best $9 headphone I own, also use the gold filter:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Dec 16, 2015 at 9:19 AM Post #8,293 of 64,271
  Guys, I don't think Horton is gonna understand anyone's sarcasm lol!

Anyway, the ED4 is hands down the best IEM I've had the pleasure of listening to yet. If you've thought about ordering, do it. You won't be disappointed, they're a package of awesome! The bass is really dynamic, it's something else. Rap and EDM have all the sub bass you want, yet you can listen to bass guitars without over hyped sub bass.

Glad to hear this fallrsk, my ED4's are on their way as well as a pair of DT5's. Not sure if the DT5 is any good or not but I sure love the way they look, black with red tips and that brass ring with the Chinese writing on it is killer
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 16, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #8,294 of 64,271
  Is any classmate collected ZN1? I seems got a fake one? the amps is missing
ph34r.gif

That's why I always get stuff from the official store. Let the cost be slightly more, but no compromise with quality!

Dec 16, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #8,295 of 64,271
cool.gif
My ED4s are in Chicago Sort on the 14th on their way to Detroit area. That ED4 impression is music to my ears.
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back