Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 15, 2015 at 1:13 AM Post #8,267 of 63,916
I recommend getting a pair of ear guide so that it'll fit easily.
Having them over ears is actually good as it reduces microphonics and wont fall off when cable is pulled.

d809f9ab9db699a9ffd23f2ac4108ebd.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Thats a good idea but still hope they make a normal wire version

Dec 15, 2015 at 6:10 AM Post #8,273 of 63,916
Guys, I don't think Horton is gonna understand anyone's sarcasm lol!

Anyway, the ED4 is hands down the best IEM I've had the pleasure of listening to yet. If you've thought about ordering, do it. You won't be disappointed, they're a package of awesome! The bass is really dynamic, it's something else. Rap and EDM have all the sub bass you want, yet you can listen to bass guitars without over hyped sub bass.

Dec 15, 2015 at 6:13 AM Post #8,274 of 63,916
My HDS1 seems to have gone missing. Shipped out on the 20th with a tracking label and been in transit since the 25th and I have no updates on it or whatsoever. Presumably lost. :xf_mad:

(interestingly, the official KZ aliexpress store seems to be manned by an auto bot when you contact him from a previous order)

Dec 15, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #8,277 of 63,916
Got my HDS2. When I tried to pull the tips off, I ripped half the casing off. The driver included. There's barely any glue on it.

I've had other KZ headphones and this is the only one so fragile.

Sounds like my original experience with the Micro Ring, except that had no glue at all, haha.

Dec 15, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #8,278 of 63,916
And when I want to take my ANVs apart I have to grow plier-fingers. 
angry_face.gif
 My QC experience with KZ has been pretty bad- ED10 wire near mic shorted; ANV had hole in rear filter; ED R1 strain relief was loose, metal mesh fell off, has channel bass imbalance (still liking them).  ATE, HDS1 have been perfect though and Micro rings are awesome sound wise if I forget the minor channel imbalance and driver flex (foam tips help).

EDIT: Anyone else has the ED R1? Are ED SE/ED2 identical to the R1 (the shells are the same with red filters)?

Dec 15, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #8,279 of 63,916
  Guys, I don't think Horton is gonna understand anyone's sarcasm lol!

Anyway, the ED4 is hands down the best IEM I've had the pleasure of listening to yet. If you've thought about ordering, do it. You won't be disappointed, they're a package of awesome! The bass is really dynamic, it's something else. Rap and EDM have all the sub bass you want, yet you can listen to bass guitars without over hyped sub bass.

Thanks for the impressions bro!

Does anyone who's ordered the ED4 have the HDS1 as well?

Dec 15, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #8,280 of 63,916
  And when I want to take my ANVs apart I have to grow plier-fingers. 
angry_face.gif
 My QC experience with KZ has been pretty bad- ED10 wire near mic shorted; ANV had hole in rear filter; ED R1 strain relief was loose, metal mesh fell off, has channel bass imbalance (still liking them).  ATE, HDS1 have been perfect though and Micro rings are awesome sound wise if I forget the minor channel imbalance and driver flex (foam tips help).

EDIT: Anyone else has the ED R1? Are ED SE/ED2 identical to the R1 (the shells are the same with red filters)?

I have ED2's or EDSE with silver filters.All is fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back