Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 12, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #6,751 of 63,893
  I recently received the rock brand IEMs as well, which impresses in certain ways(need more time to listen to them, Zircon has this wide spacious sound which is unique and is growing on me, but won't elaborate here) but as far as most music goes ED10(with SHE3590 large tips) is my current favorite.

I have ED9, Zircon in the post and ED10.
You may like ED9 with gold tips from what you have said. I'm looking forward to my ED9 / Zircon shoot-out. The cheap IEMs are great to experiment with and compare.
Welcome to head-fi.

Oct 12, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #6,752 of 63,893
cool.gif
Looking at the Aliexpress website it now appears there are 2 completely different ANV being offered. The original which is an awesome earphone and an ANV that looks a lot like the EDSE with a Mic and Flat wire.

Curious.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Oct 12, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #6,754 of 63,893
Oooo....link? I would love an ANV with Mic.

cool.gif
Done.

Warning it's the NEW version:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-ANV-Mobile-Phone-Earphones-Without-Microphone-Wire-Heatshrinked-In-Ear-Headset-Earphones-High-Quality/32362132627.html?spm=2114.031010208.3.2.WaEPKR&ws_ab_test=201556_8,201527_4_71_72_73_74_75,201560_2

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Oct 12, 2015 at 8:44 PM Post #6,755 of 63,893
Hey guys the Official Kz Flagship Store has the Kz ZS1 for 18 bucks

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-ZS1-Original-Brand-Two-Unit-Driver-Headphones-Gaming-Headset-Hifi-DJ-Headphone-With-Microphone-fone/32493992233.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.11.7iqQuX&ws_ab_test=201556_8,201527_3_71_72_73_74_75,201560_1

Anyone think they are worth getting as it's been pretty quiet around here on them? Also anyone who has them are the channels reversed as I've read??? This would be a deal breaker for me...

Oct 13, 2015 at 3:33 AM Post #6,756 of 63,893

Oooo....link? I would love an ANV with Mic.

Done.

Warning it's the NEW version:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-ANV-Mobile-Phone-Earphones-Without-Microphone-Wire-Heatshrinked-In-Ear-Headset-Earphones-High-Quality/32362132627.html?spm=2114.031010208.3.2.WaEPKR&ws_ab_test=201556_8,201527_4_71_72_73_74_75,201560_2

This is NOT KZ product.

Quick question. I've demoed and love the sound signature of the Havi B3 Pro 1. I'm kinda interested with the ATE the most, probably because of the cable up style. Does the ATE have the same sound signature, namely balance and wide soundstage, of the Havi? 

Bass on havi is bigger and deeper, also pro1 has a clearer vocal and highs. Soundstage is wider and more airy. Pro1 is way better than ate. But for the price, ate is much better than the money you spend.

Havi B3P1 need amp for sure! Without amp, for me, ATE is superior in overall naturality and signature, despite havis soundstage, clarity and transparency is better.

Oct 14, 2015 at 8:15 AM Post #6,757 of 63,893
Over 24 hours of usage (burn-in/break-in) has opened up my ED10 in a pretty nice way. Biggest difference to my ears has been the instrument separation and clarity. Bass seems to be getting tighter/punchier and even the hot treble I had felt OOTB seems to have subsided to an extent.

Listening to Ilaiayraja's compositions from 80's (Tamil Soundtracks) on this is a pure bliss!

Oct 14, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #6,758 of 63,893
Over 24 hours of usage (burn-in/break-in) has opened up my ED10 in a pretty nice way. Biggest difference to my ears has been the instrument separation and clarity. Bass seems to be getting tighter/punchier and even the hot treble I had felt OOTB seems to have subsided to an extent.

Listening to Ilaiayraja's compositions from 80's (Tamil Soundtracks) on this is a pure bliss!

Mine seem to have improved too, i still have the kinda lower treble toned down and midbass turned up on my phone, but sound decent with no eq through my laptop

Also to anyone, are the zs1's the same as the passive zn1's? If so how do either of those compare to the ed9, ed10 or ate's? And hows the fit conpared to the ate's for most people? :cool:

Oct 14, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #6,759 of 63,893
Mine seem to have improved too, i still have the kinda lower treble toned down and midbass turned up on my phone, but sound decent with no eq through my laptop

Also to anyone, are the zs1's the same as the passive zn1's? If so how do either of those compare to the ed9, ed10 or ate's? And hows the fit conpared to the ate's for most people?
cool.gif

Would love to tell you that one Chief if they ever get here!

Oct 14, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #6,761 of 63,893
@Chief Stringer -  OOTB, ED10's Treble (and even vocals) on some songs were too grainy+ shouty for my ears. But after some usage, i felt as if it has become somewhat less troublesome (may be brain-in). More and more I listen to ED10s, I find lots of similarities between this and my EDSE (except in ED10s, I find bass response to be lean yet slightly better in terms of accuracy/punchiness/tightness? + better instrument separation).

Still, ATE is my favt KZ IEM but ED10 is no slouch either (got its own sound signature). It's starting to grow on me 
etysmile.gif

Oct 14, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #6,762 of 63,893
Hi guys!

I own almost every KZ which are considered good (EDR1, ED3, ED9, ATE, ED10, ANV) among other good chinese earphones like the Rock Zircon, but I have to admit that KZ ANV (g.k. version, CKW1000ANV replica) is absolutely the best of all. I wonder how can it be so lightly recommended, since to my hearing it is easily better than ED10 or the Zircon, and it is impossible (for me at least) to go back to those above after spending some time with the ANV. Yes, it lacks a little in the low-end, but yet very natural sounding, has better soundstage than ATE (!) with non fatiguing treble and offers an absolutely clean, airy presentation. I made my research and it seems (Amazon reviews) that the KZ version shares the same characteristics in its sound as the AT CKW1000ANV, which comes to me as no surprise since I had a lot of open AT headphones. If I had to choose between all versus the ANV, I would easily choose ANV. Bought it like a month ago for 10 USD, and I consider this my best purchase ever.

Ps: I'm fond of AT's sound in general :)

Oct 14, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #6,763 of 63,893

Also to anyone, are the zs1's the same as the passive zn1's? If so how do either of those compare to the ed9, ed10 or ate's? And hows the fit conpared to the ate's for most people?
cool.gif

Fit is personal, I have a better fit with the ZN1 vs ATE

Oct 14, 2015 at 1:38 PM Post #6,764 of 63,893
Hi guys!

I own almost every KZ which are considered good (EDR1, ED3, ED9, ATE, ED10, ANV) among other good chinese earphones like the Rock Zircon, but I have to admit that KZ ANV (g.k. version, CKW1000ANV replica) is absolutely the best of all. I wonder how can it be so lightly recommended, since to my hearing it is easily better than ED10 or the Zircon, and it is impossible (for me at least) to go back to those above after spending some time with the ANV. Yes, it lacks a little in the low-end, but yet very natural sounding, has better soundstage than ATE (!) with non fatiguing treble and offers an absolutely clean, airy presentation. I made my research and it seems (Amazon reviews) that the KZ version shares the same characteristics in its sound as the AT CKW1000ANV, which comes to me as no surprise since I had a lot of open AT headphones. If I had to choose between all versus the ANV, I would easily choose ANV. Bought it like a month ago for 10 USD, and I consider this my best purchase ever.

Ps: I'm fond of AT's sound in general :)

Without mods I find the treble to be way too hot and mids too laid back to be natural. If your hearing is worse because of your age you might not notice but I do :)
Their fit is very good though.

Oct 14, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #6,765 of 63,893
Without mods I find the treble to be way too hot and mids too laid back to be natural. If your hearing is worse because of your age you might not notice but I do
smily_headphones1.gif

Their fit is very good though.

Nothing wrong with my hearing, nor with my age (I hope so! :) I am 31 BTW. Yes, the upper mids/lower treble is forward/upfront, but I wouldn't call them hot, you should try ATH-W1000X, that has some hot troble for comparison :) Highs are smooth and detailed, and since they are right in front of you, you may find the mids to be recessed. But I don't think this is the case, they are fine where they are with the lower frequencies, since this "multi layer" sound is what makes it's soundstage awesome and the sound to be truly enjoyable for anything acoustic/atmospheric. Yes, the ATE shares some nice depth too but it can be too dull in its closed form factor (tried, but I couldn't open it up - and let's be honest, that way it would be something like the K1000, not a headphone/earphone, but some earspeaker). If you are familiar with the "AT sound", they do this all the time, bring something closer, push something a little back, and therefore you have sense of space, which most classic earphones lack. For me, ED10, Zircon and all the others sound much more artifical due to the lack of ease, smooth treble and space the ANV has.

But what mods you are talking about? I saw some wooden housing but nothing else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back