Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 16, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #4,606 of 63,917

Yeah they must be broken. It's unbelievable. Will check the connections in a few minutes, they were almost as power hungry as the Havis so that may explain something...

EDIT
Link store: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-New-High-Quality-Original-KZ-ED9-3-5mm-In-Ear-Earphones-Noise-Cancelling-Headset-Headphone/32339469493.html

Jun 16, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #4,607 of 63,917
Yeah, they should be WAY less power hungry compared to the B3P1.. 

Jun 16, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #4,609 of 63,917
Wow

Thats the only word to describe the ED9s that just arrived....

Wow.
How could they ask $12 for them, even $7 I paid for them?

I wouldnt even have paid $1 if I knew this. Theyre horrible. When reading this all they MUST be defective. They sound so bad it's unbelievable. I expected the brass filters to sound neutral or natural, but I have NEVER heard any earphone that sounded so bad. They are hollow sounding, almost only one gigantic peak at the 6k Hz region, and the rest of the spectrum is not to be heard. Maybe a very tiny bit of the 200hz region, because of the hollowness.

I tried different tips, different sources and different sorts of music. Mozart's piano concertos, symphonies, Bob Dylan, Michael Jackson. Im astonished.

Gold filters v-shaped? What?? Only lows, after 600 Hz or so the frequency response goes down VERY quickly.

Im so amazed. Are you all deaf or are mine broken. Yes because of they were called somewhere the IEMs that Havi tried to make I compared them, which is not fair, but MP8320 also thrumps them. What do I say. Even $1 earphones are better, I NEVER heard worse.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
If they sound so hollow perhaps they got wired out of phase.

Jun 16, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #4,610 of 63,917

Yeah they must be broken. It's unbelievable. Will check the connections in a few minutes, they were almost as power hungry as the Havis so that may explain something...

EDIT
Link store: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-New-High-Quality-Original-KZ-ED9-3-5mm-In-Ear-Earphones-Noise-Cancelling-Headset-Headphone/32339469493.html

idk this store was selling ED9 for like $6 and I've s well ordered one pair from em. There's still some time for that pair to arrive. Let's see. 
I wild guess is that they got hold of defective batch of ED9 and sold for cheap? Just a wild guess. Otherwise they're too generous to sell it for less than $6, shipping included.

Jun 16, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #4,614 of 63,917
I bought also 2x ED9 from that tombuy... we`ll see, I haven`t received mine yet. I really hope that this seller isn`t selling bad batch or something to get profit out of it.

Jun 16, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #4,615 of 63,917
Hmm so under 40 other than the Tenore what do you guys think is the best IEM? I'm torn b/w the T1-e and ED9, considering I'm not sure the T1-e will fit me and there have been build quality concerns. If anyone has any others I should be considering, pls chime in.

Jun 16, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #4,616 of 63,917
:) Thanx Guys. Coil, These look interesting as well:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/AudioSense-Quad-core-Dual-moving-coil-Moving-iron-Iron-ring-HIFI-Fever-wire-headset-V2-Free/32340956324.html

BTW: I just ordered the carbo copy with the exchangeable nozzles and cloth wire. I LOVE cloth covered wires!!!!

Hope it sounds for ****.

:beerchug: :beerchug: TWIN

Those look nice. Plus, from what I can tell, they use what looks to be the same inline mic setup from the NarMoo B2M/W1M, which works really well.

Jun 16, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #4,617 of 63,917
They look like a rebrand of the Sidy HK-1

smily_headphones1.gif
Yep Hi Fi, I went to Penon Audio, it sure looks the same. NOW I am quite excited. They have stellar reviews wherever you can find one. Apparently the Driver is in the Nozzle and the body serves as a sound chamber. Very interesting....

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Jun 16, 2015 at 6:08 PM Post #4,618 of 63,917
:) Yep Hi Fi, I went to Penon Audio, it sure looks the same. NOW I am quite excited. They have stellar reviews wherever you can find one. Apparently the Driver is in the Nozzle and the body serves as a sound chamber. Very interesting....

:cool: :cool: TWIN
I have two pair of the hk-1. They are epic. Huge soundstage

Jun 16, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #4,619 of 63,917
I have two pair of the hk-1. They are epic. Huge soundstage

smily_headphones1.gif
Cool. Have you tried the Sidy DM3? Sounds like it has a Biological Diaphram material like the VSonic GR07, Little more spendy than the KZ's but worth it if the sound is there.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Top-sound-quality-SIDY-DM3-in-ear-metal-earbud-earphone-headphone-DIY-model-high-quality-free/32360408662.html

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Jun 16, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #4,620 of 63,917
:) Cool. Have you tried the Sidy DM3? Sounds like it has a Bio-cellular driver like the VSonic GR07, Little more spendy than the KZ's but worth it if the sound is there.

:cool: :cool: TWIN
Pass on it.

Too warm and not enough top end to support the low frequencies.

My opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back