Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 1, 2015 at 5:57 AM Post #4,261 of 63,981
Quick question - what kind of sound signature are You looking for (what kind of aspects You like in sound and what You don`t want)?

Jun 1, 2015 at 6:04 AM Post #4,262 of 63,981
Uhh, basically I am looking for an all-rounder. I love sound clarity and nice soundstage, but if I could find something greater than my current Soundmagic ES18(in a similar value range) I'd be very grateful. So what's your suggestion, sir?

Jun 1, 2015 at 6:37 AM Post #4,263 of 63,981
 looking for an all-rounder.I love sound clarity and nice soundstage

Go for ED9 :wink:

Jun 1, 2015 at 7:57 AM Post #4,266 of 63,981
smily_headphones1.gif
There have only been 2 'phones recently that I had any issues with. Vsonic GR07 Classics and Havi B3 Pro 1. Let me explain.

I put 100 hrs on the GR07 after first trying it when I received them expecting GREAT things from all the hype. No matter what I tried I could not get them to fit or get a good seal, and they sounded THIN and TINNY. After 100 Hrs.Burn-In, they sounded just as bad or worse. I immediately sold them on Ebay.

The Havis are a different story. They are a superb sounding set, but my reaction to their voicing was Meh? I would assume these would be a TRUE Audiophiles delight, which I obviously am not. Almost Flat Response, great Soundstage and Articulate, but left me wanting more, so I gave them More. They are extremely hard to drive. I had plenty of Power using my E12 amp with the Gain Boost, but they still had no Bass, or at least as much as I like and I'm NO Basshead. So I used the E12s Bass Boost. This is where they became intolerable for me, at sufficient Volume and Bass boost for EDM or Trance they ACTUALLY DISTORTED. For me this is a deal Breaker, End of Story. The Havis are a superb phone for Acoustic or Classical low volume listening, but simply not for me. JMHO

I have been Utterly Spoiled by the Dunu Titan 1.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Jun 1, 2015 at 9:07 AM Post #4,267 of 63,981

smily_headphones1.gif
There have only been 2 'phones recently that I had any issues with. Vsonic GR07 Classics and Havi B3 Pro 1. Let me explain.

I put 100 hrs on the GR07 after first trying it when I received them expecting GREAT things from all the hype. No matter what I tried I could not get them to fit or get a good seal, and they sounded THIN and TINNY. After 100 Hrs.Burn-In, they sounded just as bad or worse. I immediately sold them on Ebay.

The Havis are a different story. They are a superb sounding set, but my reaction to their voicing was Meh? I would assume these would be a TRUE Audiophiles delight, which I obviously am not. Almost Flat Response, great Soundstage and Articulate, but left me wanting more, so I gave them More. They are extremely hard to drive. I had plenty of Power using my E12 amp with the Gain Boost, but they still had no Bass, or at least as much as I like and I'm NO Basshead. So I used the E12s Bass Boost. This is where they became intolerable for me, at sufficient Volume and Bass boost for EDM or Trance they ACTUALLY DISTORTED. For me this is a deal Breaker, End of Story. The Havis are a superb phone for Acoustic or Classical low volume listening, but simply not for me. JMHO

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

I hated my Havis since I got them and I don't really sell my stuff so they were just sitting inside my shelf. But recently got Xduoo X2 DAP and paired with these they sound fantastic. Now I love them. They just need a warm source (X2's eq needs to be set to Rock for that bass boost). Still bassheads would find it dry.

Jun 1, 2015 at 9:12 AM Post #4,268 of 63,981
Twin ...basically same experience (except amping) with HaviB3P1 here also, You`re not alone :wink:

Jun 1, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #4,271 of 63,981

smily_headphones1.gif

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

I'm sorry if I've missed anything but how is this post relevant to this thread?

Jun 1, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #4,274 of 63,981
Any news about the upcoming KZ iem?

So, I tried removing the cotton I've stuffed in the gold filter of ED9 and the high immediately became harsher, I think the bass and mid also became a bit less full bodied. I should get off my lazy ass and cut some foams for modding and find the holy grail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back