Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 27, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #4,051 of 63,916

Just received my ATE (silver). All I have to say atm is that this is absurd how good stuff KZ is making for so little money!
Probably going to order translucent ATE also because already itching to wood-mod + cable change ATE and ED9 
tongue.gif

Soon to say which I like more because ED9 has already "burned into my brain" but ATE is also very good! 

For newcomers to KZ-land, definetly order both - ED9 and ATE, they are just amazing value for the money! 
etysmile.gif

Getting translucent ATE as well 
wink.gif
  I'm just itching to gut one of my other IEM with mmcx connector so I can mod ATE with it 
biggrin.gif

Yeah, I understand that itch, was thinking also about using mmcx connector. But ATE seems harder to open. Not sure yet but I think it might be glued together and isn`t so easy to pull apart.
Will try to open my ATE later tonight after training.

May 27, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #4,052 of 63,916
Thanks, Twiter6! Great review!
But a question. I don't have ED9. But basically you claim EDSE, ED9 and ATE have similar soundstage. I don't have ED9. But I feel soudstage of ATE is obviously larger than EDSE.
I want to add two pros of ATE. One is its 3D presentation. It's really great. Another is it's easy to drive to its full level. You do not need an good source to have it sound its sound, even a common laptop, not like IE80, you must provide an excellent source to make it sond its sound. I believe that's a considerable design for sports, as well as its light plastic shell. That's great.
I think the cons is nondetachable cable. I'm afraid the connection of the cable with the shell will be broken sooner or later. I's easy to exert force there when you try to wear it.

May 27, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #4,053 of 63,916
  Thanks, Twiter6! Great review!
But a question. I don't have ED9. But basically you claim EDSE, ED9 and ATE have similar soundstage. I don't have ED9. But I feel soudstage of ATE is obviously larger than EDSE.
I want to add two pros of ATE. One is its 3D presentation. It's really great. Another is it's easy to drive to its full level. You do not need an good source to have it sound its sound, even a common laptop, not like IE80, you must provide an excellent source to make it sond its sound. I believe that's a considerable design for sports, as well as its light plastic shell. That's great.
I think the cons is nondetachable cable. I'm afraid the connection of the cable with the shell will be broken sooner or later. I's easy to exert force there when you try to wear it.

"claims" are made by audiophiles with big egos
wink.gif
I'm just a reviewer who likes to share my opinion about products I receive for review in exchange for my honest opinion (check out a link in my signature).  Reference to soundstage similarities including ED9 referred to using a gold filter which in my opinion shrinks soundstage by attenuating higher frequencies (that's how I hear it, not necessary how others are hearing it).  Plus keep in mind, our opinion of how we hear a sound or what we consider as "3D presentation" has also to do with other headphones we compare it to as a reference.  So, we are all good
beerchug.gif

May 27, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #4,055 of 63,916

wink.gif
I'm just a reviewer who likes to share my opinion about products I receive for review in exchange for my honest opinion (check out a link in my signature).  Reference to soundstage similarities including ED9 referred to using a gold filter which in my opinion shrinks soundstage by attenuating higher frequencies (that's how I hear it, not necessary how others are hearing it).  Plus keep in mind, our opinion of how we hear a sound or what we consider as "3D presentation" has also to do with other headphones we compare it to as a reference.  So, we are all good
beerchug.gif

Wow! You reviewed so many staff! Thanks very much for the contributions!

May 27, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #4,056 of 63,916

wink.gif
beerchug.gif

You reviewed so many earphones. So what do you rank ATE's presentation? How far it from like Titan, A83? Actually you have somehow asnswered this question when you afirm its depth. :)

May 27, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #4,057 of 63,916

Wow! You reviewed so many staff! Thanks very much for the contributions!

Haha... didn't you know about @twister6 ? I've been reading his reviews since much time, even outside head-fi. I'm glad to see a reviewer who has already reviewed high end gear, reviewing and respecting sub $20 gear. 

May 27, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #4,059 of 63,916
smily_headphones1.gif
just Got my KZ ED9s. First impression, they sound WAY better than they should for $10. WOW. So far I like them best with the bright Gold Nozzles and Auvio Tips. Will give an Update @ 50 hrs as they are now in a 300 hr. process of getting them to burn my brain in.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
TWIN

May 27, 2015 at 3:16 PM Post #4,061 of 63,916
There is no discount for ATE black translucent version atm? Want to buy but seems that discount from 2pcs deal is gone :frowning2:

May 27, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #4,063 of 63,916
ATE + ED9 eartips = d@mn good sound. 

ED9 eartips isolate very well.  Put these eartips on ATE, this is a perfect combination.

I test them with this kind of music. It's d@mn good.  No need to buy expensive IEM.

May 27, 2015 at 3:57 PM Post #4,064 of 63,916
Ilikeiem, don`t work on me... I have too small ear canals. Only thin and very soft Piston2 silicones will fit into my ears with ATE. ATE has pretty thick nozzle.
But Piston2 tips seal ATE perfectly for me.

Btw, I took my ATE apart.
Doesn`t seem to be glued but It needs quite hard pull-twist between "gap-line" with something strong and same thick as that "gap". I used typical carpet-knife.
Some pics: 

That removable-cable looking part is moving freely along the cable and that golden "cap" above driver also. I see no point in latter one, just seems to be "bling-bling" thing for translucent housing.
  Guys, have you tried custom nozzles with ED9 (wooden for example)?

No but maybe will make some if I finish modding it.

May 27, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #4,065 of 63,916
Just received my ATE (silver). All I have to say atm is that this is absurd how good stuff KZ is making for so little money!
Probably going to order translucent ATE also because already itching to wood-mod + cable change ATE and ED9 :p
Soon to say which I like more because ED9 has already "burned into my brain" but ATE is also very good! 

For newcomers to KZ-land, definetly order both - ED9 and ATE, they are just amazing value for the money! :etysmile:  

Isn't US dollar more expensive then yuan? So maybe it makes up for it

Also can't wait for my ATE my is at Orlando right now. It got departed today on it's way to NC hopefully I get them by Thursday because I be traveling to Pittsburgh friday

Users who are viewing this thread

Back