Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 20, 2015 at 8:11 PM Post #2,431 of 64,152
There's no such thing as a "natural" death on headphones, a headphone driver can work for years without suffering the minimal change or problem unless it's defective, probably what's ****ed it's the plug jack, in that case the earphones are perfectly well and you just have to change the plug.

lol. tru tru. the plug is okay. the issue is the cable up in the housing itself. If you flicked it sound would come back temporarily then fade out again. I semi-attached another cable and it was fine. Love messing around with stuff like this. Cheapo iems ftw!

Jan 20, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #2,432 of 64,152
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-end-interactive-ear-headphones-double-unit-mobile-music-enthusiast-earphone-super-heavy-bass-KZ-DT3/2050368332.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Listing-ear-headphones-bass-headphones-music-headset-phone-headset-with-a-microphone-kz-dt3/2045257142.html

What is the difference between them?

Jan 21, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #2,435 of 64,152
I would go with the EDSE.

This debate depends on a few things.

#1 Listening volume:at higher volumes I can understand why some would prefer the ED8. I listen to my gears at medium-ish volume. At that range I find the EDSE superior. I listen to a ton of iems and headphones and need to protect my hearing. The ED8 has lots of slam and sound better at higher volumes.

#2 Signature preference:My pair of ed8 follows along the lines of the dt5,which is a very bass forward sound with some bloat that spills a little bit into the midrange (more so than edse). Because of this I prefer the EDSE. While still bass forward, the EDSE sounds better balanced and with better resolution.

#3: Looks: The EDSE looks like a midevil times torture device, and the ED8 looks like they were stolen from the batmobile. Both of them aren't the prettiest looking things, but I give a slight edge to the EDSE. I can wear them and not get asked if I stole them from my son's batman crime kit.

I don't fault people for liking the ed8, they are awesome (especially for the price). But it's different strokes for different folks. My vote goes to the EDSE.

Jan 21, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #2,436 of 64,152

#1 Listening volume:at higher volumes I can understand why some would prefer the ED8. I listen to my gears at medium-ish volume. At that range I find the EDSE superior. I listen to a ton of iems and headphones and need to protect my hearing. The ED8 has lots of slam and sound better at higher volumes.

#2 Signature preference:My pair of ed8 follows along the lines of the dt5,which is a very bass forward sound with some bloat that spills a little bit into the midrange (more so than edse). Because of this I prefer the EDSE. While still bass forward, the EDSE sounds better balanced and with better resolution.

#3: Looks: The EDSE looks like a midevil times torture device, and the ED8 looks like they were stolen from the batmobile. Both of them aren't the prettiest looking things, but I give a slight edge to the EDSE. I can wear them and not get asked if I stole them from my son's batman crime kit.

I don't fault people for liking the ed8, they are awesome (especially for the price). But it's different strokes for different folks. My vote goes to the EDSE.

Thanks. I'm going to skip the ED8 based on your comments. Expecting it two pairs to arrive tomorrow. I don't need a bass heavy KZ. If anyone based in the US needs an ED8 it's yours for $10 via 1st class mail. Send me a pm. My future IEM's will be higher on the food chain. Also getting the R1 but will keep that.

Jan 21, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #2,437 of 64,152
Thanks. I'm going to skip the ED8 based on your comments. Expecting it two pairs to arrive tomorrow. I don't need a bass heavy KZ. If anyone based in the US needs an ED8 it's yours for $10 via 1st class mail. Send me a pm. My future IEM's will be higher on the food chain. Also getting the R1 but will keep that.
Like I said, different strokes for different folks. Give them a listen before you sell them, you might like them more than I do.

Jan 21, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #2,438 of 64,152

Haha don't be in so hurry dude. Like Hisound said give it a try. I'd even say burn one pair for good. Chinese websites been praising it a lot and it's definitely an upper crop of KZs. My order will arrive soon now so I can post some reviews. (I'm a bass lover btw so I'm looking even more forward to ED8 lol)

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-end-interactive-ear-headphones-double-unit-mobile-music-enthusiast-earphone-super-heavy-bass-KZ-DT3/2050368332.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Listing-ear-headphones-bass-headphones-music-headset-phone-headset-with-a-microphone-kz-dt3/2045257142.html

What is the difference between them?

Just mic and micless version. BTW buy from KZ Official Flagship store, it's offering micless version of DT3 at just $8.40

Well this makes me happier. I desperately need a bassy earphone with good quality. I think ED8 might do the trick. I also have EDSE so I can compare and post here my thoughts based on my taste.

Jan 21, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #2,439 of 64,152

Haha don't be in so hurry dude. Like Hisound said give it a try. I'd even say burn one pair for good. Chinese websites been praising it a lot and it's definitely an upper crop of KZs. My order will arrive soon now so I can post some reviews. (I'm a bass lover btw so I'm looking even more forward to ED8 lol)

My favorite IEM is the GR07. Even the Pistons are too bass heavy and for that reason use them mostly for listening to audiobooks. I was hoping the ED8 would be like the EDSE but with greater sound stage, lol. I'm sure for most it is a great IEM. But I honestly have enough KZ's but am intrigued with the R1 so that will test and keep that. Also I doubt there's much of a market for slightly used KZ! 

Jan 21, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #2,440 of 64,152

My favorite IEM is the GR07. Even the Pistons are too bass heavy and for that reason use them mostly for listening to audiobooks. I was hoping the ED8 would be like the EDSE but with greater sound stage, lol. I'm sure for most it is a great IEM. But I honestly have enough KZ's but am intrigued with the R1 so that will test and keep that. Also I doubt there's much of a market for slightly used KZ! 

ED8 is different from EDSE. Since your favorite IEM is the GR07, I guess you are comfortable with sibilance and brighter sound.  Then EDSE may be better choice for you.  
PS. I still find all KZ's IEMs has weak bass compare to subwoofer in my car ... LOL 

Jan 21, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #2,441 of 64,152

ED8 is different from EDSE. Since your favorite IEM is the GR07, I guess you are comfortable with sibilance and brighter sound.  Then EDSE may be better choice for you.  
PS. I still find all KZ's IEMs has weak bass compare to subwoofer in my car ... LOL 

Yes I don't mind the sibilance present in the GR07/ That is the price to pay for the extra "sparkle" on the high end 
normal_smile .gif

See my signature. I have the EDSE and highly (and really like it). I'm still have high hopes for the KZ R1 - arriving tomorrow.

Jan 21, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #2,442 of 64,152
finally i received the parcel with both EDSE and ED8. ED8 was a free gift as I've won the lottery.
i also own ES for a couple of month.
ED8 seems to something average between ES (bassier) and EDSE (brighter).
have to listen more, but out of the box ED8 sounds way too good.

Jan 21, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #2,443 of 64,152

Yes I don't mind the sibilance present in the GR07/ That is the price to pay for the extra "sparkle" on the high end 
normal_smile%20.gif

See my signature. I have the EDSE and highly (and really like it). I'm still have high hopes for the KZ R1 - arriving tomorrow.

Oh... $4.06 KZ-R1, it won't disappoint you for sure!   I like all KZ IEMs but I like ED8 the most 
L3000.gif
 coz I always listen to dance music at this period.

Jan 21, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #2,444 of 64,152

normal_smile%20.gif

Oh... $4.06 KZ-R1, it won't disappoint you for sure!   I like all KZ IEMs but I like ED8 the most 
L3000.gif
 coz I always listen to dance music at this period.

KZ-R1 http://www.aliexpress.com/item/kz-r1-Noise-noise-reduction-ear-headphones-music-headset-phone-headset-HIFI-headphone/1987332228.html

I have someone to give it to that's allergic to metal and I will test it first. The R1 has no metal on the outside. And it has the @Hisoundfi seal of approval!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back