Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 21, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #2,446 of 64,378
  finally i received the parcel with both EDSE and ED8. ED8 was a free gift as I've won the lottery.
i also own ES for a couple of month.
ED8 seems to something average between ES (bassier) and EDSE (brighter).
have to listen more, but out of the box ED8 sounds way too good.

Good to know that ED8 sounds good :D 

Oh... $4.06 KZ-R1, it won't disappoint you for sure!   I like all KZ IEMs but I like ED8 the most 
L3000.gif
 coz I always listen to dance music at this period.

EDM for me as well, cheers bro!

Yes I don't mind the sibilance present in the GR07/ That is the price to pay for the extra "sparkle" on the high end 
normal_smile%20.gif

See my signature. I have the EDSE and highly (and really like it). I'm still have high hopes for the KZ R1 - arriving tomorrow.

Wow if you can handle VSonic's sibilance then you must be a treblehead. I can't absolutely handle sibilance.

Jan 21, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #2,448 of 64,378
My R3 arrived today. Unfortunately the left driver has something wrong with it, and the distortion makes them unusable :/ From what I gathered with my limited use of the right driver, they are almost a mix of the EDse and LPS; EDse treble and mids, with the LPS' big bass.

What a bummer ....first ANV and now the R3 left driver .....so sorry to hear that ...cheers

Jan 21, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #2,449 of 64,378
What a bummer ....first ANV and now the R3 left driver .....so sorry to hear that ...cheers

Yeah...this week has been poor for my KZs. I treat them way better than an 8$ iem should be treated too, lol. At least the ANV is only a soldering away from being recabled. They are really easy to work on.

For those that have the ANV, take care with the stock cable. Despite feeling nice and beefy, there is a shocking lack of metal strands running through there.

Jan 22, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #2,452 of 64,378
Just received ED8...

Out of the box, yes, they «seem» to sound awesome.  I think they would be my top KZ iem, BUT:

- They are so big and heavy (metal alloy or something, and so huge + heavier than KZ GR).

- Fit is a nightmare to get proper seal.  It seems like my right ear canal cannot stand them.  Weird, I don't have this problem with my other iems...

I did some quick tip rolling but still... very disappointing for now, as the sound is quite promising. 

For sure, you cannot sleep or run with these.  I am not sure over the ear is a better choice either.  Still, my two cents, and I will definitely try more when I have time.

Jan 22, 2015 at 11:04 AM Post #2,453 of 64,378
From what I've read...more bass than EDSE but no significant improvement in SQ over other KZ. 
you and me read the same thread but why I see people praising ED8 a lot? Some claimed these to be best kz yet.

Jan 22, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #2,454 of 64,378
Just received ED8...

Out of the box, yes, they «seem» to sound awesome.  I think they would be my top KZ iem, BUT:

- They are so big and heavy (metal alloy or something, and so huge + heavier than KZ GR).

- Fit is a nightmare to get proper seal.  It seems like my right ear canal cannot stand them.  Weird, I don't have this problem with my other iems...

I did some quick tip rolling but still... very disappointing for now, as the sound is quite promising. 

For sure, you cannot sleep or run with these.  I am not sure over the ear is a better choice either.  Still, my two cents, and I will definitely try more when I have time.

So main issue is fit.... Try Sony Hybrids? They always give a nice seal and good fit.

Jan 22, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #2,455 of 64,378

From what I've read...more bass than EDSE but no significant improvement in SQ over other KZ. 

you and me read the same thread but why I see people praising ED8 a lot? Some claimed these to be best kz yet.

I only see one person really hyping these (not you EISENbricher
normal_smile .gif
). SQ up there with the better KZ - EDSE, DT3, etc but more bass

Jan 22, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #2,456 of 64,378
  Just received ED8...

If you want an IEM that is almost invisible (ok I'm exaggerating) look at the KZ R1. I just got them today. These are likely the best KZ IEM for sleeping. They protrude very little from ears. After a quick listen - high end/treble very nice. Mids a bit recessed. Bass tight and not excessive. I'm ordering a second backup pair or two.

Jan 22, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #2,457 of 64,378
I only see one person really hyping these (not you EISENbricher
normal_smile%20.gif
). SQ up there with the better KZ - EDSE, DT3, etc but more bass

Well I might fuel up the hype train when I receive my ED8 xD
Because the sound signature as specified by people is of my liking.

Jan 22, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #2,459 of 64,378
I tried quickly Sony Hybrids, but they are kind of too small to fit on the driver.  Hard to, at least.  I will try back again later.  My initial impression about these was that they muffled the sound too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back