Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 17, 2015 at 10:12 PM Post #2,386 of 64,162
  Well, remember I just got this earphones like 2 hours ago, so we have to consider that they aren't burned-in yet.
But so far, with the comply tips the sound seems like less bloated, a little more wide soundstage, less sharp but controlled, (I don't really don't know how to describe this yet, but the highs sound much more smooth and natural yet as detailed as they're), the main differences are in the highs mostly, bass doesn't seem much affected if not enhanced a little too, it feels a little more present and punchy, but not a huge differences compared to how the highs got more "naturalized" and smoothed. resuming: it sounds more natural, and that, at least for my taste is a huge enhancement, really, I like the KZED out of the box much more with the comply tips on them.

For the first time in the last 4 months, I like what I am listening from my EDSE. Thanks mainly to Comply foam tips (T400). With the stock tips these phones sounded too mid centric with anemic (non-existent) bass and over enthusiastic highs for my ears (in fact, I loved my ES more than these, which many here stated as having hot treble and recessed lows). After using comply foam tips, there is a definite reduction of harsh highs with a slight bit of bump in lows, i like the sound signature of these IEMs now more so than before.

Edit: Along with the above improvement, I also find Instrument separation and soundstage to have improved a tad better (been listening with comply foam tips for the last hour or so)

Jan 18, 2015 at 3:42 AM Post #2,387 of 64,162
  I'm strongly considering these:
http://www.westone.com/store/index.php/true-fit-and-star-silicone-fit-kit.html
Any better options, as these will cost ~$22 shipped?

Originally Posted by Dasbo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ha, consider yourself lucky of being able of pick these for only 22. If I wanted to do so I would probably have to pay like 40 usd at least.

Sorry for being bittersweet, I mean, you should get them, westone tips are really good, and at least for me, 22 it's a bargain.

Don't be. Just found out that my friend is coming back to Europe too soon, the tips won't reach him in time.
Sucks.

Jan 18, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #2,388 of 64,162
  On this KZ impressions thread, I would say it has good sound for the price $55 
o2smile.gif

Can you compare it with another headphone that you have? I bet they should be a bass heavy headphone.
BTW, LPS and LP2 are gone (from KZ official store) and the nice bundles that they used to have too, what happened? 
confused.gif

Jan 19, 2015 at 7:01 AM Post #2,389 of 64,162
Guys, seems like my KZ package has stuck somewhere in Beijing.. what should I do? Aliexpress "purchase protection" ends this week. Ordered it in the middle of December. 

Jan 19, 2015 at 8:39 AM Post #2,390 of 64,162
  Guys, seems like my KZ package has stuck somewhere in Beijing.. what should I do? Aliexpress "purchase protection" ends this week. Ordered it in the middle of December. 

Nothing ordinary in this, it always gets stuck at Beijing. My last 4 orders did. Time spent at Beijing ranged from 1 week to 6 weeks. Since it's been a month I'd advice to wait a little more. I had ordered the products to India.

Oh btw ask the seller to extend protection time. He would likely agree. If he doesn't then press the button on last day. At least better than losing protection.

Jan 19, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #2,392 of 64,162

The second "Export Security Scan" doesn't make sense. It should be sent to airline, then next event a post office outside of China.

Jan 19, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #2,395 of 64,162
I'm still trying to figure out if the ED8 is an across the board upgrade to the EDSE...

Jan 19, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #2,397 of 64,162
Jan 19, 2015 at 11:40 PM Post #2,399 of 64,162
Get DT3 and EDSE...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back