Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 6, 2015 at 8:15 AM Post #2,176 of 64,162
Good if someone confirms....long back I had asked same question to one,to check with chinese forums as he said he also knew chinese but no clue......

Well if someday your KZ DT5's definitely broke, remember to come back here and tell us what was inside. 
ksc75smile.gif

Jan 6, 2015 at 8:42 AM Post #2,177 of 64,162
Here
https://m.imgur.com/JuecBny,RgyYPsA,ERyKGgx,VFm1QJM,nzssnpP,aklki4n
apologies for the poor image. sh**ty photographer with a mediocre iphone 6+ camera.

They are quite heavy and I feel the strain relief on the cables are not ideal. The stock tips work for me but they have a pair of blue double flange and some regular black ones in various sizes.

Haven't had a real chance to listen to them carefully but off the box, the sound is really good, at least I felt more so that the EDSE I got in the same order.. Bass is there when you need it. Lows and mids are pretty ideal. Highs not so much. Good fun IEM for the price. They are not analytical nor overly detailed, I dun think.

Good seal for me personally and they dun fall off. I fear it is not meant for long use though, it is heavy.

I will let others do the reviewing, it is not my domain to voice it. My uses mainly for movies, audiobooks and taking calls. I got the mic version, voice is clear, press one to pause songs, 2 to go back. I seem to be missing the forward button though.

Would you mind sharing a link to the seller you got these from? These have the mic correct? I can't seem to find that version. Thanks.

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #2,179 of 64,162
Would you mind sharing a link to the seller you got these from? These have the mic correct? I can't seem to find that version. Thanks.

Hi, i wish I could be more helpful. I got them directly from Taobao. Are you familiar with shopping there? I would assume an understanding of written Chinese is required.

Almost any seller there would offer both the Mic and regular model in the check out option. I think the mic version cost around 10-15 RMB more.

I have no idea how it works on aliexpress or any other english version of taobao.

If u like the taobao link i got from, pls then send me a PM. I'll look up my purchase history.

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #2,180 of 64,162
  Thank you for the pictures. Those are some sexy cables. 

It appears to be the same cable as used in the ES and EDSE. It becomes flexible with use, so may eventually go over ear with no problem. The ED8 looks like an updated EDSE.
Too bad the ED8 is a heavy plug of metal like its predecessors.

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #2,181 of 64,162

It appears to be the same cable as used in the ES and EDSE. It becomes flexible with use, so may eventually go over ear with no problem. The ED8 looks like an updated EDSE.
Too bad the ED8 is a heavy plug of metal like its predecessors.

I'd love it if ED8 isn't heavier than Pistons. Piston has just the max weight that I could tolerate.

Jan 6, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #2,182 of 64,162
  I'd love it if ED8 isn't heavier than Pistons. Piston has just the max weight that I could tolerate.

Agreed. And I would have preferred plastic. I'd bet the ED8 is heavier than the Pistons.

Jan 6, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #2,183 of 64,162
Why does my DT3 right side sounds much louder then my left side why is this?

Jan 6, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #2,184 of 64,162
Why does my DT3 right side sounds much louder then my left side why is this?

Channel imbalance... must be a manufacturing defect. Best you can do is getting your DT3 replaced. I don't know if KZ offers warranty though.
Other solution is to stuff some cotton inside right ear tip. But this might attenuate high frequencies.
Finally just use balance control from your source. Shift the channel towards the left side till the balance is good. 

Jan 6, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #2,185 of 64,162

I love the sound of the EDSE that i just got yesterday, but due to the weight not something that I'd want to wear when walking around and definitely not when working out. 

Jan 6, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #2,186 of 64,162

I love the sound of the EDSE that i just got yesterday, but due to the weight not something that I'd want to wear when walking around and definitely not when working out. 

Well that sucks... my EDSE is still on the way but at least it landed it left Beijing and has landed in India now. Shouldn't be much longer till I receive it.
ED8 is another story though... it's still on its way to Beijing. What happens in Beijing... god knows. Till now all my shipment (3) from China Post stayed in Beijing in range of 3~4 weeks.

Jan 6, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #2,189 of 64,162
Ok I've a question, so I bought the KZ-r3, they're supposed to be detachable cable earphones, that's cool and all, but what's the purpose of that if there's no were to buy replacement cables? or there is any store that does?

Jan 6, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #2,190 of 64,162
Ok I've a question, so I bought the KZ-r3, they're supposed to be detachable cable earphones, that's cool and all, but what's the purpose of that if there's no were to buy replacement cables? or there is any store that does?

I thought they used standard mmcx connectors. I read somewhere that the Somic mh415 cable works on them, and I'm pretty those are standard mmcx. Maybe someone who has the R3 could verify? My R3 are on the way, so I can't test these theories just yet :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back