Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 4, 2015 at 7:22 PM Post #2,146 of 64,168
  Just got another pair of earphones from "KZ Official store" for 16 bucks 
etysmile.gif

The KZ R3 and the KZ-ED1! I hope they perform well.

Link for anybody interested, they're on sale right now!
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mobile-HD-quality-wholesale-spot-with-a-microphone-headset-package-kz-ed1-alloy-wooden-r3/2043626248.html

Nice!

I hope you have more luck with shipping than i do with "KZ Official store".

Jan 5, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #2,151 of 64,168
  Got my EDSE. They sound good and neutral... BUT... I couldn`t get proper fit with any tips I have and due to cable I can`t wear them over-ear so easily as with Pistons.
So, I didn`t bother to mess with finding tips (I think B3 Pro1 white dual-flange would fit perfect but I don`t have them atm). And personally, Piston enclosure sits better in my ears, EDSE tends to move due to thinner/smaller enclosure and if tips aren`t good... not working for me.
I gave them away to 2 nice women, at least they are happy now
biggrin.gif

I don`t know if it helps but I think it`s easy to fix - take a thin blade metal-hand-saw and cut line into nozzle from screwing side. It creates vents on both side. Or You can cut under angle to create only one side vent. Depending how deep You cut, sound can change, so it is all about testing. And You can add thin rubber ring between to seal screwing part away from vents.

I think I will oder GR next and try it myself if it doesn`t have port holes :wink: Actually it is easier for me since I have drill-bench where I can easily drill those holes :wink:

At this price EDSE is really impressive. I have tried all my stock to find our the right tips to fit my ear and taste. dual flange is always my favorite. Did you try the foam ear tips? It's most comfortable but not the best sound.

Wait for your mod GR. I really found it's funny but quite a lot of MSG.

Jan 5, 2015 at 12:20 AM Post #2,152 of 64,168
  Just got another pair of earphones from "KZ Official store" for 16 bucks 
etysmile.gif

The KZ R3 and the KZ-ED1! I hope they perform well.

Link for anybody interested, they're on sale right now!
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mobile-HD-quality-wholesale-spot-with-a-microphone-headset-package-kz-ed1-alloy-wooden-r3/2043626248.html

You got a good price of R3 even cheaper than in taobao.

Jan 5, 2015 at 12:32 AM Post #2,153 of 64,168
  I dont remember but 27 days have passed so ill ask for a refund. 
I ordered them for 
$ 6.86 so now im kinda ****ed until they are on sale again.  ​

I ordered my EDSE, GR, ANV and DT3 from different stores in Aliexpress on the same day. Two of them arrived in 7 days but the other two arrived 1.5 months later.  Not their faults though.

Jan 5, 2015 at 7:19 AM Post #2,155 of 64,168
  Im sorry but not my problem either.  KZ R3 had 60 day guarantee and they got here quick, EDSE got 27 days and they havent even left the Beijing. 

I'm not saying you shouldn't ask for a refund but, lots of times what happens is that the track it's just not updated until it arrives to your country.
Could be that.

Jan 5, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #2,157 of 64,168
The EDSE seem to garner pretty good review here and it's not bad BUT the new ED 8m simply blows it out of the water. I was afraid the housing might be a little heavy but it has stayed in my ears the whole time and provides a good seal. I am not an audiophile, but a value hunter and this is my new favorite all rounder. 

Jan 5, 2015 at 7:51 AM Post #2,158 of 64,168
The EDSE seem to garner pretty good review here and it's not bad BUT the new ED 8m simply blows it out of the water. I was afraid the housing might be a little heavy but it has stayed in my ears the whole time and provides a good seal. I am not an audiophile, but a value hunter and this is my new favorite all rounder. 
awesome. My ed8 on the way already haha...

Jan 5, 2015 at 8:00 AM Post #2,159 of 64,168

Are u trying to make me buy more earphones? because if it was what you wanted, you got it. 
ksc75smile.gif

Jan 5, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #2,160 of 64,168

My ED Special Edition just arrived 15 minutes ago, and I'm blown away by how detailed/revealing the SQ is! I'll have to do an AB test with the DT3, but I can tell that the EDSE is far superior to my copy of the ES.  Build is similar to the ES - heavy plug of metal, same brown cable, and L connector - 3.5mm jack. The rear has mesh instead of the holes found on the ES.The EDSE took 5 weeks to arrive - due to the holiday season I reckon. 

The EDSE is further proof that KZ offers great value. My ED 8M tracking is progressing! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back