Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 3, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #2,138 of 64,388
  I got my KZ EDSE and KZ GR. Thanks for everyone who comment about these IEM. EDSE and GR has different sound signature. The EDSE came with some greasy spot. I really like EDSE which is similar to my KZ IE80. Very bright and neutral. Vocal is the best part of EDSE.

KZ GR seems so powerful and quite artificial. It is not my cup of tea maybe I didn't run in. It's really heavy, heavier then my CKM99. I changed the filter and found that the eartips are not fit at all. Compare with IM50 and KZ GR I would prefer IM50.  

How's the bass on them?

Jan 3, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #2,140 of 64,388
  How's the bass on them?

properly don't go for EDSE. The sound is netural similar to SE215 or BA driver. GR is much better than EDSE but seems too aggressive for me. Didn't try the black nozzles so much. The bass is too strong for me. After run in around 6-8 hours the GR the bass seems soften a bit. GR is funny although I prefer EDSE.

Jan 3, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #2,141 of 64,388

properly don't go for EDSE. The sound is netural similar to SE215 or BA driver. GR is much better than EDSE but seems too aggressive for me. Didn't try the black nozzles so much. The bass is too strong for me. After run in around 6-8 hours the GR the bass seems soften a bit. GR is funny although I prefer EDSE.

Damn oh well I'll see how I like them when they get here, if they ever get here. The tracking site hasn't updated in a month.

Jan 3, 2015 at 10:26 PM Post #2,142 of 64,388
  How are the kz-lps in terms of bass and vocals and soundstage?

I have just used LPS for 6 hours since its arrival. Out of the box Clarity is good, highs are bit rolled off , Bass (Mid Bass) is more than average with decent vocals, Soundstage is just about average. From what I have read from other users of these cans, changing pads might help change the sound signature to somewhat neutral (less bassy). I am personally waiting for Takstar Velour pads to try out on these. Headband's clamp force is bit too much for my linking so keeping these on stretch overnight to reduce the tightness.

Jan 4, 2015 at 5:13 AM Post #2,143 of 64,388
Got my EDSE. They sound good and neutral... BUT... I couldn`t get proper fit with any tips I have and due to cable I can`t wear them over-ear so easily as with Pistons.
So, I didn`t bother to mess with finding tips (I think B3 Pro1 white dual-flange would fit perfect but I don`t have them atm). And personally, Piston enclosure sits better in my ears, EDSE tends to move due to thinner/smaller enclosure and if tips aren`t good... not working for me.
I gave them away to 2 nice women, at least they are happy now
biggrin.gif

Jan 4, 2015 at 5:38 AM Post #2,144 of 64,388
  No he means on those tubes on which ear tips go. Do they have a vent?

I don`t know if it helps but I think it`s easy to fix - take a thin blade metal-hand-saw and cut line into nozzle from screwing side. It creates vents on both side. Or You can cut under angle to create only one side vent. Depending how deep You cut, sound can change, so it is all about testing. And You can add thin rubber ring between to seal screwing part away from vents.

I think I will oder GR next and try it myself if it doesn`t have port holes :wink: Actually it is easier for me since I have drill-bench where I can easily drill those holes :wink:

Jan 4, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #2,145 of 64,388
Just got another pair of earphones from "KZ Official store" for 16 bucks 
etysmile.gif

The KZ R3 and the KZ-ED1! I hope they perform well.

Link for anybody interested, they're on sale right now!
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mobile-HD-quality-wholesale-spot-with-a-microphone-headset-package-kz-ed1-alloy-wooden-r3/2043626248.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back