Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 22, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #1,051 of 63,916
That tells me you like a v signature, and probably listen to mostly edm, pop, hip hop, or dub step. I really enjoy the KZ gr for these genres.

I'm glad you like the gr, it's an awesome iem, not to mention the amazing price.

Your diagnosis is right :wink: They pretty much handle every genre very well. It is an awesome iem, just wish they didnt make them so heavy lol, and the non existent strain relief's on the ear buds do worry me about durability.

Oct 22, 2014 at 12:08 PM Post #1,052 of 63,916
Your diagnosis is right :wink: They pretty much handle every genre very well. It is an awesome iem, just wish they didnt make them so heavy lol, and the non existent strain relief's on the ear buds do worry me about durability.
looping them over the ear resolves any issues with weight.

Oct 22, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #1,053 of 63,916
IMHO the kz ed3 has more to offer than the kz es. It's the same signature with clearer and more articulate highs. Just my opinion

Kzedse>kzed3>kzes

Kzedse is warmer, lusher, and easier to to listen to.

Kzed3 is pretty balanced with a slight v signature. It reminds me of a poor man's GR07BE.

Kzes is very decent. It honestly doesn't do anything better than my kzedse or kzed3 however.

Oct 22, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #1,055 of 63,916
Dude, it might not be a sound for everyone, but I love the sound that comes out of my kzedse. It's the best headphone deal of 2014 IMHO, at least so far.

It's extended on both ends, has lush and forward-ish mids, good separation, and prominent bass. It's a very enjoyable and musical sound IMHO.

It's built like a tank, and the new kz able is dope.

Like all iems, source and tip selection play a big part in getting the most out of them.

No one has gotten the full effect of the SE yet, because no one has tried it on a balanced amp. That's a balanced cabled TRRS tip on it, which is unheard of for iems under $200, nevermind $10.

Oct 22, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #1,056 of 63,916
  No one has gotten the full effect of the SE yet, because no one has tried it on a balanced amp. That's a balanced cabled TRRS tip on it, which is unheard of for iems under $200, nevermind $10.

What if, they release a DAP with a balanced output under $100 
popcorn.gif

Oct 22, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #1,058 of 63,916
IMHO the kz ed3 has more to offer than the kz es. It's the same signature with clearer and more articulate highs. Just my opinion

Kzedse>kzed3>kzes

Kzedse is warmer, lusher, and easier to to listen to.

Kzed3 is pretty balanced with a slight v signature. It reminds me of a poor man's GR07BE.

Kzes is very decent. It honestly doesn't do anything better than my kzedse or kzed3 however.

I hate my wallet! Never enough dough for the flow!

At this price, I might as well add all 3 in my collection.
wink.gif

Oct 22, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #1,059 of 63,916
Bhazard, that is an intriguing statement. Do you mind elaborating on your favorite KZ models or the ones you think have the most potential?

EDSE, ES, GR, and soon to be the LP-S most likely. The site descriptions somewhat match they sound they put out.

They are xiaomi piston like values, each with slightly different sound sigs. Buy your own eartips and never use the ones they come with. When bought in a bulk pack of 2 iems or more, the value is huge. Just don't expect them to beat out $50+ iems.

Oct 22, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #1,060 of 63,916
EDSE, ES, GR, and soon to be the LP-S most likely. The site descriptions somewhat match they sound they put out.

They are xiaomi piston like values, each with slightly different sound sigs. Buy your own eartips and never use the ones they come with. When bought in a bulk pack of 2 iems or more, the value is huge. Just don't expect them to beat out $50+ iems.

Gotcha. Thanks!

When are you getting those LPS?

Oct 23, 2014 at 3:28 AM Post #1,061 of 63,916

Any suggestion for good eartips from Ali store, I need small ones.

I got mine edse with the microphone and it does not work, at least i can not answer the phone call by pressing the red button, also when I plug them in mobile phone (I tried both Iphone and Android, they play only in 1 position, if moved a little to the left or to the right, can not hear anything, when plugged in my computers amp, everything is fine).

1 more thing , which 1 goes to the left/right ear, 1 has red, the other has blue circle?

Oct 23, 2014 at 4:27 AM Post #1,062 of 63,916
  Any suggestion for good eartips from Ali store, I need small ones.

I got mine edse with the microphone and it does not work, at least i can not answer the phone call by pressing the red button, also when I plug them in mobile phone (I tried both Iphone and Android, they play only in 1 position, if moved a little to the left or to the right, can not hear anything, when plugged in my computers amp, everything is fine).

1 more thing , which 1 goes to the left/right ear, 1 has red, the other has blue circle?

Red = Right ear
bLue = Left ear

Hehe, I only learned it recently, too.
redface.gif

(also, people like buying eartips from lunashops.com, if you want to check that site instead of aliexpress)

Oct 23, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #1,063 of 63,916
I just got the KZ-Gr bundled with KZ-ES with microphone. Sale is too hard to ignore!
I have to say that out of the box, the Gr sounds incredibly muddy, with bass bleeding badly into the mid range.
This is not improved by changing over the screw on inserts.
I hope they improve with some burn in.....they are easily the worst sounding earphone I have....even worse than the Iverys
tongue.gif

Still enjoying my ED-SE.

Oct 23, 2014 at 5:51 AM Post #1,065 of 63,916
Anyone chose the EMS-shopping option and got EMS? I opted for EMS, but just got regular airmail. Regular registered airmail - tracking number starting with R.

Mine has been sitting at a Chinese airport hub for 4 weeks now... Thinking maybe it is better to take the "Sweden Post" next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back