Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 22, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #14,686 of 63,886
Today i got the Silver Cable for the ZST, it bring more Clarity and at the same time it takes away a bit of sharpness.
smile.gif

Dec 22, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #14,688 of 63,886
Hi guys,

I ordered 4 sets of earphones from KZ

KZ ATR
KZ ED12
KZ ZS3
KZ ZST

Today I recieved the ATR and the ED12. Quite impressed with the ATR. The ED12 on the other hand... What on earth, something very wrong there, sounds like a 5c set of earphones from n lucky packet. I really hope the ZS3 and ZST will impress. I find my Sound magic E10 to be better compared to the ATR but I'm still testing.

ATR feels a bit empty to me but I believe with the EQ I can improve it.

BTW first post :)

Edit: seems the issue with the ED12 was that the jack does not work well plugged all the way in, sounds right now but it's still not great.

Dec 22, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #14,689 of 63,886
  gah!
blink.gif

I just ordered a pair of KZ HDS3 from gearbest, since they are only $4.49 right now... http://www.gearbest.com/on-ear-over-ear-headphones/pp_436716.html
also ordered a blue HDS1 with mic, since my yellow version lacks a mic...
(the black ED9 is $8.99 right now and ZS3 $7.89, so there's several KZ iem to be had for a good price
wink.gif
)

the hds3 have traditionally been shunned by the kz community, though i've observed a few fans coming forward of late. i've always dug 'em--they're not precision instruments but hyper-energetic and fun; i often find myself reaching for them over some of my $100 sets. at $4.49 they'll do you a lot more good than another beer.

Dec 22, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #14,690 of 63,886
I was so hyped for the ZST, but they just don't fit my ears.... They fall out very easily (tried different tips) and the angled Cable hurts my ear because when I get decent fit it applies pressure to it.

Very sad because I actually like the sound. But I still have the ZS3 to listen music with. 
beyersmile.png

Dec 22, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #14,691 of 63,886
The zs3 cable fits my tf10 like a glove......there is a change in the sound definitely but not in a positive note,as I type.So need to spend some time and revert if something interesting in change from any front.

Dec 22, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #14,692 of 63,886
So , i am new here and i am reading here for a few days , First i like to thank you for your review that made me deside to buy me a couple of KZ plugs.  

Small intro .. Jeroen , 45 from the Netherlands. Audiofool .. like to built speakers.  proffesional  salesman in .....audio.  I am familliar with the european brands like Senheisser , AKG . Bayer Dynamics and Focal .. 

With a crowdy family and not many moments to enjoy my tube amp powered Focal speakers i searched for a solution to listen to my "rapshody/Napster "music account and since my Galaxy S7 edge has a Napster app , i can listen to all my music using a headphone .. Problem solved ..  not realy .. I was not enjoying my Samsung plugs and tried several other plugs that came with a phone . Non of them were able to fire me up and i was not going to pay a lot of money for a set of high Q plugs without listen to them first .. I ended up with 30 euro Sony set and the did sound better but still i was not very impressed .. than i found this forum .. I quickly found out that KZ was a brand to give a try and i ordered a set on DX and after 3 weeks the set knocked on my door. 

So i own a set of KZ ZST now for 4 days and i am realy impressed.  I tried several music styles like Slash , Nora Jones and Yello .. nobody kan wipe that smile from my face .. again i am realy impressed .. now i can enjoy my music again. i am sure the set need some break in time and the might open up a bit but they sound like a 80 euros set and i find that impressive. 

One downside , i believe my Galaxy S7 Edge is not able to power them up well . sound is great but the volume is just a bit tame . i treid them on my tube headphone preamp and that was SO much better .. again this forum is to blame that i found info about the portable headphone amps and  after some days of reading i desided to treat my self on a small X mas gift and i ordered the Fiio A3 . 
this little beast will arrive tomorrow and i hope that this will improve the sound and volume a bit .. 
If wanted , i can make a review as well .. I ordered an extra set ZST and ATR as well .just as a back up .. 

Tips and tricks wanted for my setup, please share. 

Jeroen 

Dec 22, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #14,693 of 63,886
Otoh the tf10- fiio rc-ue1 cable fits partially and doesnt go thru its full length in zs3.......reason being the plastic part (2 pin) touches the iem body immediately say 2/3 mm insertion into the sockets.

But if needed the plastic can be trimmed in such a way to accomodate,but it might not be as the original fit to tf10.

Dec 22, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #14,695 of 63,886
  Hi all,

reading through this thread again makes me wanna go on a shopping spree.

so much info here but the search function is not the best, and would appreciate if someone could shed some light:

1. difference between ATE and ATR?
2. how many revision to ZS1?  is the latest version the one with mesh grill?  and is this latest version still a bass canon?  I have JVC-HAFX101 and 201 for my fun music.
3. I have Piston 3, xiaomi hybrid, monoprice 8320, and ZS3, so how would the ZST compare to my clarity collection?

TIA

can someone please help clarify?

Dec 22, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #14,699 of 63,886
Jeroen PasmanWelkom bij de club.
Be careful it's addicting to find a real gem. I bought the ATR, VivoEX800 and Senzer H1 and still want to taste the ZST to :p

--

After some more listening I find the ATR missing life and bass still to prominent. For the $4 amazing SQ but not my taste. I am missing some sparkle. Have to say, male vocals on it are very good.

Dec 22, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #14,700 of 63,886
Jeroen PasmanWelkom bij de club.
Be careful it's addicting to find a real gem. I bought the ATR, VivoEX800 and Senzer H1 and still want to taste the ZST to :p

--

After some more listening I find the ATR missing life and bass still to prominent. For the $4 amazing SQ but not my taste. I am missing some sparkle. Have to say, male vocals on it are very good.

Every IEM I've owned was a real gem. Its the only way I'll use them over full size cans.

So far thats the 8320, the Philips SHE3590, the MEElec M9 and the KZ EDSE. Lets hope the EDR2 is another gem. I ordered 3. Keep 1, sell 1, gift 1 maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back