Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 21, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #14,674 of 63,803
Ha. If that ZST Pro 5 driver ever comes out and is a success, expect more of a bad influence.

Since I got the EDSE and liked the fit, I'm starting with those with the same Housing. Maybe they're all the same, maybe they're different but all sound good, I don't know. After the EDR2 and HDS3 I'm going to try the ED2 and the RX.
I love music, and unlike a lot of people in this forum, I don't need the best fidelity. If it sounds good, and I can enjoy it, then I'd be happy. Music enhances my life, its rarely ever my main focus. So IEMs like this? Cheap enough to share with friends and get them upgraded :D

Dec 21, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #14,675 of 63,803
You kinda just WISH they would come out with something bad so we could stop...but we would all still probably buy them "just to be sure" 
biggrin.gif

Dec 21, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #14,676 of 63,803
You kinda just WISH they would come out with something bad so we could stop...but we would all still probably buy them "just to be sure" :D  

Yup, that's exactly it. I even got my friend in on it. We were gonna buy some OnePlus Bullets v2, but they were out of stock. So I told him we should try the EDSE. After loving the EDSE, I showed him other KZ IEMs, he said he wanted an HDS3 (He doesn't have his EDSE yet, I do). I decided I'd try the EDR2. I'm Interested in trying those with similar and simpler housingsfirst, because until very recently I wasn't very tolerant to IEMs (MEElec M9s, using tips from another IEM for the best seal, which isn't comfy for long)

Dec 21, 2016 at 10:31 PM Post #14,677 of 63,803

I think the most popular KZ bassy earphones are the KZ ZS3 and ED9 but give the ZS1 a try... I was surprisingly pleased by them.

I discovered that If I push my ZST a little more inside my ears, the bass will definitely increase and improve. I think the design is quite not fit perfectly for me, sadly 
frown.gif
 . I really want to try the ZS3 and ZS1 but their forms are similar (not very but same same) with the ZST. Should I go for a ED9? Are they warm and have strong bass? 

Dec 21, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #14,678 of 63,803
  Should I go for a ED9? Are they warm and have strong bass? 

If you're looking for a warm and bassy signature, I cannot recommend the ED9. I lost the shiny filters, but I remember the signature being more V-shaped, whereas the duller (now moldy) filters make them REALLY bass-light (less than the TWFK-equipped VC1000). However, my ED9 was purchased well over a year ago before the black ED9 was released, so I don't know if there have been any changes since.

The ZS1 is very warm and bassy, but I can't guarantee you'll like the fit. I get a really good fit with the ZST every time, but the ZS1 falls out of my ears quite often. I hate the memory cable, which the ZN1 mini doesn't have, but the fit is still shallower than the ZST for me.

Dec 22, 2016 at 1:43 AM Post #14,679 of 63,803
  Agree.

No! He is correct. ATR has more prominent bass. 

Then both off my ATR must be defective.
Tho the ware from the same Store. (Fiio Thailand)

Idk. Maybe You have some kind of mismatch with source gear or have different preferences about sound signature.
Maybe You mix up prominent with more bass.Idk.

Dec 22, 2016 at 3:00 AM Post #14,680 of 63,803
ZS3 stock and upgraded silver cable both have memory wire.  IIRC someone on this thread said they managed to take it out, but I asked and still no answer to how.

ZST stock and upgraded silver cable no memory wire.  The shop did send me silicone-ish ear guides for free though, which works well but I rather just use the plain wires, better aesthetics :D  

May be you are referring me coz I was the one who first ripped off the mem thin wire of my zs3 last week or so......my bad I didnt notice your query since I was more off than in here lately since then or might've overlooked.

Ok so yeah, I found the end of the metal wire very close to the other end of the heat shrink tubing(main ends at 2 pin plastic). I get hold of the metal wire end using my nails,unearthed and managed to rip off,till the end of the plastic connector and cut the wire.

Remember Theres another layer of tubing under the outer heat-shrink tubing,so basically the mem thin wire is protected with 2 layers of tube that you are ripping off.

The cable guide comes handy from falling off, when you're'nt stationary,like walk,jog etc. Ymmv.......

Mind you,this is ir-reversible......for those who are happy with the stock form,just keep using it as you are now and to those who are annoyed with the mem wire just be careful when you rip-off,coz you might damage the cable itself in the process,especially when using sharp tools like art knife,paur of scissors etc. GL! :wink:

Dec 22, 2016 at 3:38 AM Post #14,681 of 63,803

Agree.

No! He is correct. ATR has more prominent bass. 

Then both off my ATR must be defective.
Tho the ware from the same Store. (Fiio Thailand)

Idk. Maybe You have some kind of mismatch with source gear or have different preferences about sound signature.
Maybe You mix up prominent with more bass.Idk.

i can confirm aswell that my ATE's are bassier than ATR's ... we are talking about previously released batch of ATE's not sure which exactly tho... not about newest you call 5th generation ones

Dec 22, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #14,682 of 63,803
Then You are probably talking about 3rd gen ATE with cosed port holes or ATE-S (which some have said to be bassier than regular ATE).

Dec 22, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #14,684 of 63,803
gah!
blink.gif

I just ordered a pair of KZ HDS3 from gearbest, since they are only $4.49 right now... http://www.gearbest.com/on-ear-over-ear-headphones/pp_436716.html
also ordered a blue HDS1 with mic, since my yellow version lacks a mic...
(the black ED9 is $8.99 right now and ZS3 $7.89, so there's several KZ iem to be had for a good price
wink.gif
)

Dec 22, 2016 at 7:24 AM Post #14,685 of 63,803
Hi.

Today i got the Silver Cable for the ZST, it bring more Clarity and at the same time it takes away a bit of sharpness.
smile.gif

I forgot to say that i Use the ZST with the small ATR-ATE tips, because the Starlines don't seal right in my ears.         

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back