Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 22, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #12,256 of 63,956
What do you guys think about buying from here? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-ZS3-Ergonomic-Detachable-Cable-Earphone-In-Ear-Audio-Monitors-Noise-Isolating-HiFi-Music-Sports-Earbuds/32720789438.html

They state that it's the official store, but then again it its ali so who knows if it is. There's also domestic shipping from the US, full refund if not received in 7 days. I think I'd pay extra just for the faster shipping and peace of mind, since you also have a 15 day return without shipping out of the US.

Sep 22, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #12,259 of 63,956
Hii guys, its good to see so many people here have kz too.
I have a ED9, and i like it, sounds powerfull, v-shaoed and bit natural i think. But i need a little bit sub bass here.
any recomendation over ear iem from kz ?
Betwen ATE, ATE-S, ZS3 and ATR
This is will be my first over ear iem :)

Sep 22, 2016 at 8:23 PM Post #12,260 of 63,956
Been spending a few days with the KZ ATE(S) after a few weeks with the **** hybrids (DT2 & 4in1).

I think I may have discovered what KZ ATE is/are. They must have been secretly created back in the late 1980s. Such were their incredible musicality that the inventors must have deemed them too dangerous. For fear of being assassinated by agents from big name headphone companies. Hence the secret KZ ATE project was shelved.

I just spent some days digging into old collections: Talking Heads, Mary Black, Extreme, Christopher Cross, Chemical Brothers, just to name some. Everything sounded polished (but not too much), so beautiful and made me forget about all technical details. I am very sure there were flaws, but I didn't care. I was just sucked into the music.

This pair of $10 IEM is indeed a time machine for the ears! Thanks to the aging (& not so brave) inventors from KZ for finally releasing them
:)

Sep 23, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #12,262 of 63,956
Just received the ZS3 from gearbest this morning, and after listening for an hour or so, I immediately ordered 2 more pairs. They are crazily good! Before, I didn't like the ZS3 as I ordered the first batch from taobao (with matte finish) and there was channel imbalance plus cracking noise on the right side. The glossy ones from gearbest are awesome!

Sep 23, 2016 at 1:58 AM Post #12,263 of 63,956
Those two are much less energetic than the ED9. It's an oldie, but the ED3 Perfection might be a good one for you. Lots of energy, though it might be a little too similar to the EDse/ED9, but with less bass.

Thanks, I will definitely give them a shot! Just gonna try the zs3 as well because everybody seems to be enthusiastic about them.

Sep 23, 2016 at 2:25 AM Post #12,264 of 63,956
Thanks, I will definitely give them a shot! Just gonna try the zs3 as well because everybody seems to be enthusiastic about them.

At least my ed3 perfection has more bass than ed9 brass :) sub bass I think. Also i think they're more detailed than ed9 in treble regions and while they are a bit heavy, they're quite small so stick in the ears instead of falling out.

Sep 23, 2016 at 4:56 AM Post #12,265 of 63,956
Just received the ZS3 from gearbest this morning, and after listening for an hour or so, I immediately ordered 2 more pairs. They are crazily good! Before, I didn't like the ZS3 as I ordered the first batch from taobao (with matte finish) and there was channel imbalance plus cracking noise on the right side. The glossy ones from gearbest are awesome!

How do the glossy ones sound different from the matte ones?

Sep 23, 2016 at 5:15 AM Post #12,266 of 63,956
  Been spending a few days with the KZ ATE(S) after a few weeks with the **** hybrids (DT2 & 4in1).

I think I may have discovered what KZ ATE is/are. They must have been secretly created back in the late 1980s. Such were their incredible musicality that the inventors must have deemed them too dangerous. For fear of being assassinated by agents from big name headphone companies. Hence the secret KZ ATE project was shelved.

I just spent some days digging into old collections: Talking Heads, Mary Black, Extreme, Christopher Cross, Chemical Brothers, just to name some. Everything sounded polished (but not too much), so beautiful and made me forget about all technical details. I am very sure there were flaws, but I didn't care. I was just sucked into the music.

This pair of $10 IEM is indeed a time machine for the ears! Thanks to the aging (& not so brave) inventors from KZ for finally releasing them
:)

Now You could only imagine how my ATE FF-mod sounds!
tongue.gif

I also have **** 4in1 and FF-mod is "on par" for me with it. While 4in1 has littlebit more microdetails and resolution... FF-mod sounds littlebit more dynamical and musical with slightly slower(better) decays which makes them so so beautifully open-sounded and natural. 

Now, It seems I gotta get myself ATR and ZS3 to see what my FF-mod tricks do with them ;P

Sep 23, 2016 at 5:25 AM Post #12,267 of 63,956
My sennheiser cx 3.00 broke and I'm stuck with apple earpods (both earphones sound way too bassy so I have to reduce the bass and increase the mids and highs a little bit) so I'm looking for a new cheap iem from KZ. I'm still undecided between the KZ ATE and KZ ZS3. The sound signature I prefer is slight emphasis on bass (mid bass to be exact) without bleeding to the mids  and the mids should not be recessed and I want my highs to be detailed but should not be too sibilant. Also which one has a better build quality?

Sep 23, 2016 at 5:40 AM Post #12,268 of 63,956
tongue.gif

I also have **** 4in1 and FF-mod is "on par" for me with it. While 4in1 has littlebit more microdetails and resolution... FF-mod sounds littlebit more dynamical and musical with slightly slower(better) decays which makes them so so beautifully open-sounded and natural. 

Now, It seems I gotta get myself ATR and ZS3 to see what my FF-mod tricks do with them ;P

Don't want to look back hundreds of pages but what is a FF-MOD?

Sep 23, 2016 at 6:16 AM Post #12,269 of 63,956
tongue.gif

I ordered ATR & ZS3 from gearbest few hours ago! I am slightly worried about the ZS3, as I don't like the bass-heavy sound of the ZS2. So, am hoping ZS3 has it tamed a bit. But at US$8, I will just have to drink 2 cups less coffee if I wasted my money on ZS3 :) 

IMHO, I think 4in1 brings a high level of technical listening for very little money, and expands the sound experience for most of us. While KZ ATE is harder to nail down; it should be technically pretty crappy with splashy treble & slightly woolly bass. But once the music starts, nothing else matters except to listen & enjoy. It feels more analog than digital to me. Like an old stick-shift car or or pair of old worn sneakers; nothing special about them, but they somehow make you feel good.

Sep 23, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #12,270 of 63,956
Hello folks!

I'm looking for my next earplugs since all of my JVC HA-FX1X broke. I've had EDSE and ED10 and I was satisfied with them, but since I'm listening to a lot of bass heavy music, the JVCs sounded awesome. Do you know maybe a KZ model that has a similar deep and punchy bass as FX1X? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back