Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 10, 2016 at 1:57 AM Post #11,401 of 63,834
Just askin', my ED9 just got defective recently after a year of use, and now im currently waiting for my joyroom e103 to be delivered. Do anyone here have any impressions about the E103? Will it be a great replacement for the ED9? Im also torn between having the ATE's or the Zircon. I mostly listen to chill step, pop, rock, and classical music. Which one would be better?

I reckon you need to be looking at a hybrid as that's pretty varied genres, Zircon won't really work with that mixture. Takstar Inping H60 might work out as its more monitor than consumer sound profile, there's also the Macaw RT10s.

In the hybrids BK50 or **** UES are my entry level favourites.

Jul 10, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #11,403 of 63,834
Thanks for the suggestions. I've listened to the Macaw GT100S from a friend and i was really impressed with the soundstage and the treble. The only drawback would be the weight of those IEMs. Too bad, I couldn't go far on IEMs above 30 usd 
frown.gif
. Anyway, my E103 will probably be here next week. I also checked on what was wrong with my ed9. Luckily it was just bad cable. 
smile.gif

Jul 11, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #11,405 of 63,834
Hmmm... polycarbonate should be quite strong and not prone to breaking/shattering into pieces... but... what` s the point? Just to sell more under "new thing" advertising? I wonder if it has same drivers as ATE-S or older ATE? Wiring seems to be from 2nd/3rd gen ATE. About sound changed by this material - can be possible and result should be brighter more detailed sound. I know from modding experience how nozzle material can change sound quality and signature but difference between two plastic - might not be so noticeable.

Jul 11, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #11,406 of 63,834
  Hmmm... polycarbonate should be quite strong and not prone to breaking/shattering into pieces... but... what` s the point? Just to sell more under "new thing" advertising? I wonder if it has same drivers as ATE-S or older ATE? Wiring seems to be from 2nd/3rd gen ATE. About sound changed by this material - can be possible and result should be brighter more detailed sound. I know from modding experience how nozzle material can change sound quality and signature but difference between two plastic - might not be so noticeable.

Still don't have any original ATE so I don't know if the specs have changed. Maybe they're just throwing these out there to take everyone's mind off the QC issues of the ZS3?  
evil_smiley.gif

Frequency range: 20-2000HZ
Impedance: 16Ω
Sensitivity: 106 dB
Distortion: 1%
Speaker diameter: 8mm
Cable length: 1.2M

Jul 11, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #11,407 of 63,834
the new ATR looks like ATE's ugly little brother... the packaging looks nice though, seems like they're using different driver from the ATE

btw, just impulse buying remax 610D when i see it in a store. nicest $6 I've ever spent on earphones. looks like I'm starting to liking V-shaped sound again and the sound really reminds me to philips she3590(which extremely v shaped in my memory)

also, build quality is on par with piston basic, and you get a small pouch with it.

Jul 11, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #11,408 of 63,834
Jul 11, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #11,410 of 63,834
Physically different how? By what? Pics? Advertisement pics? If latter, then they are by no way something reliable to say "they have different drivers".

Jul 14, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #11,414 of 63,834
Hi Im new on head-fi, like this is my first post
I got the KZ ATE and with open back mod it sounds great, just wondering how did people remove the grill on top of the drivers in order to put it in a whole in the top plate casing. Thanks for any help. 

Jul 14, 2016 at 6:29 PM Post #11,415 of 63,834
  Hi Im new on head-fi, like this is my first post
I got the KZ ATE and with open back mod it sounds great, just wondering how did people remove the grill on top of the drivers in order to put it in a whole in the top plate casing. Thanks for any help. 

It's a separate grill they had, don't touch the drivers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back