Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 6, 2016 at 4:13 AM Post #11,371 of 63,917
yo it was on sale lol
i guess i'll give kz a try again
is ed9 good for alternative, psychedelic rock, hip-hop, r&b, pop, synthwave music?
i'm willing to try others that complement those ^

ED3m would be better for those genres (esp. Hip-hop, rnb, etc.). The ED9 can get a bit harsh with some of those old recordings.

Jul 6, 2016 at 4:31 AM Post #11,372 of 63,917
ED3m would be better for those genres (esp. Hip-hop, rnb, etc.). The ED9 can get a bit harsh with some of those old recordings.

Gold filters work fairly well with Hip-hop but with the brass, sub-bass rolls off way too early, even with bass boosted eq (talking about ED9).

Jul 6, 2016 at 5:12 AM Post #11,373 of 63,917
Another update on ZS3's!

This Chinese guy from taobao seems to like his ZS3's, but he is kind of baffled on what he saw when he cracked it open......and he still claims they are worth their price?
blink.gif

Chinese review: 绝逼国产良心东西,左边塞子有点问题二话不说就换了客服也给好评,别犹豫了170绝对值得。(下图是左耳坏是那个让大家看看里面的东西)

Translated to English: Domestic conscience must force things, apart from anything else on the left side of the plug a little problem for a customer service but also to praise, do not hesitate 170 worth. (The figure is worse is that the left ear let everyone see things inside)

TB2ibFuspXXXXXlXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!0-rate.jpg_400x400.jpg
  The driver is lose and out of place and the tube (or, tuning port) is basically bent!

Guys, I'm waiting for a reply from KZ for their next batch. You're taking a BIG chance on buying these with their QC issues. I rather be patient first, than to be urgent and take the risk!
wink.gif

Jul 6, 2016 at 5:45 AM Post #11,374 of 63,917
I would just simply replace that pipe with copper pipe (which can be used to tune sound signature btw) 
rolleyes.gif

You could even make a winding inside that pipe to use custom filter tips.
KZ - why didn`t You use all those possibilities? 

If I`m going to buy these someday (that`s a BIG IF), then probably only for the shells for modding.

Jul 6, 2016 at 5:52 AM Post #11,376 of 63,917
  I would just simply replace that pipe with copper pipe (which can be used to tune sound signature btw) 
rolleyes.gif

You could even make a winding inside that pipe to use custom filter tips.
KZ - why didn`t You use all those possibilities? 

If I`m going to buy these someday (that`s a BIG IF), then probably only for the shells for modding.

You are the "MOD MAN"....please show pics if you do get them and do these changes!
beerchug.gif

Jul 6, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #11,379 of 63,917
There are at least 4 different versions of ATE:

1) Silver ATE with vent holes and with black/gold metal cable "reliefs". Driver inside has red plastic housing.
This is my first version:

2) Translucent black ATE with vent holes and with silver/gold metal cable "reliefs". Driver inside has red plastic housing.
This is my second version: 

3) Translucent black ATE without vent holes and with black/gold metal cable "reliefs". Driver inside should have blue plastic housing (not 100% sure).
4) Translucent black ATE-S with black memory wires and with red plastic cable "reliefs".

1st and 2nd generation ATE should be using same drivers and difference in sound basically came only from different housing material.
3rd generation ATE should have blue housing drivers inside and don`t have vent holes on housing - this is where ATE got different feedback from several ppl as I remember.
4th generation ATE-S looks clearly different by cables and should have bassier sound according  to many ppl. Information about driver housing colour is missing to me and vent holes seems also to be a mixed bag - some have them some don`t, at least I know so.

Hope this makes clearer which ATE to get. From my personal experience and others impressions 2nd generation ATE seems to be best. Idk if there still are any available though. Maybe ask seller before buying?

Jul 6, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #11,381 of 63,917
  There are at least 4 different versions of ATE:

1) Silver ATE with vent holes and with black/gold metal cable "reliefs". Driver inside has red plastic housing.
This is my first version:

2) Translucent black ATE with vent holes and with silver/gold metal cable "reliefs". Driver inside has red plastic housing.
This is my second version: 

3) Translucent black ATE without vent holes and with black/gold metal cable "reliefs". Driver inside should have blue plastic housing (not 100% sure).
4) Translucent black ATE-S with black memory wires and with red plastic cable "reliefs".

1st and 2nd generation ATE should be using same drivers and difference in sound basically came only from different housing material.
3rd generation ATE should have blue housing drivers inside and don`t have vent holes on housing - this is where ATE got different feedback from several ppl as I remember.
4th generation ATE-S looks clearly different by cables and should have bassier sound according  to many ppl. Information about driver housing colour is missing to me and vent holes seems also to be a mixed bag - some have them some don`t, at least I know so.

Hope this makes clearer which ATE to get. From my personal experience and others impressions 2nd generation ATE seems to be best. Idk if there still are any available though. Maybe ask seller before buying?

I'm just quite confused if mine is the 2nd or 3rd version, coz mine has red housing on the driver, with vent holes but with black/gold metal cable reliefs and the square like splitter, NOT the "Y" shaped one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back