Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 27, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #9,271 of 64,218
I know some people refuse to use EQ. I did for years too, but compare the ZN1 Mini with and without this EQ and it is just night and day difference. I don't think I'd listen to them again without EQ correction. (I know some IEMs don't take EQ correction well, but these do.) Also for reference are a couple other EQ corrections I prefer, and you will notice I like to keep a bass bump, especially subbass.

Jan 27, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #9,272 of 64,218
I know some people refuse to use EQ. I did for years too, but compare the ZN1 Mini with and without this EQ and it is just night and day difference. I don't think I'd listen to them again without EQ correction. (I know some IEMs don't take EQ correction well, but these do.) Also for reference are a couple other EQ corrections I prefer, and you will notice I like to keep a bass bump, especially subbass.

Refusing to use EQ is like refusing to put salt on your food. EQ is one of the final steps of mastering. Its a purely subjective process based on the engineers ears and gear. Just like salt & pepper on the table, we have EQ for a reason. Salt to taste and enjoy.

Jan 27, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #9,273 of 64,218

WARNING: You are not allowed to compare Rock's in the KZ thread
eek.gif
LOL

Ooopss I'm sorry... I didn't know.

Jan 27, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #9,277 of 64,218
Refusing to use EQ is like refusing to put salt on your food. EQ is one of the final steps of mastering. Its a purely subjective process based on the engineers ears and gear. Just like salt & pepper on the table, we have EQ for a reason. Salt to taste and enjoy.
amen :)

Jan 27, 2016 at 11:32 PM Post #9,278 of 64,218

Is your user name a reference to the melodic-tech-death metal band Arsis? They are awesome and I've seen them live.

Jan 27, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #9,279 of 64,218
Is your user name a reference to the melodic-tech-death metal band Arsis? They are awesome and I've seen them live.
No. It was the name of my recording studio. Its a musical term.

Jan 28, 2016 at 6:15 AM Post #9,281 of 64,218
Guys isn't the edr2 not just a rebranded edse? Thought I read somewhere here in the thread that they sound the same.

I can assure you they sound very different. It's not just a repainted EDse. It's lighter (new housing material...aluminium most likely), the bottom vents are sealed, it's more neutral, and it sounds tighter, quicker, and way more detailed. Soundstage is also better, and the EDse was no slouch in that department. The EDR2 is a beast.

Jan 28, 2016 at 6:34 AM Post #9,282 of 64,218

Guys isn't the edr2 not just a rebranded edse? Thought I read somewhere here in the thread that they sound the same.

I can assure you they sound very different. It's not just a repainted EDse. It's lighter (new housing material...aluminium most likely), the bottom vents are sealed, it's more neutral, and it sounds tighter, quicker, and way more detailed. Soundstage is also better, and the EDse was no slouch in that department. The EDR2 is a beast.

So, You rate EDR2 as "new flagship of KZ"? How does it compare to 2nd ed ATE-t.b. ?

Jan 28, 2016 at 6:38 AM Post #9,283 of 64,218
So, You rate EDR2 as "new flagship of KZ"? How does it compare to 2nd ed ATE-t.b. ?

I didn't say that....I just said it was good. Much better than the EDse, which already held its own quite well vs. newer KZs.

I only have the original ATE, and the R2 is a very different animal. Still love the ATE for its warm sound and lush mids.

Jan 28, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #9,284 of 64,218
I didn't say that....I just said it was good. Much better than the ESse, which already held its own quite well vs. newer KZs.

I only have the original ATE, and the R2 is a very different animal. Still love the ATE for its warm sound and lush mids.

Is it more balanced than ed9 or hds1? And more important: is it lighter than original edse?

Jan 28, 2016 at 7:03 AM Post #9,285 of 64,218
I'd really appreciate if EDR2 has aluminium housing. That way it'll preserve legacy of EDSE (Considering EDR2 as EDSE mk.II) while eliminating some issues. 

My main concerns about EDSE's build were the weight and the  metal used. Especially the part around the nozzle has been producing a lot of green residue... to make it worse I live in humid weather. 

Similarly ED8 and ED9's brass nozzle also produces that residue if kept in humid conditions. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back