Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 17, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #7,531 of 63,998
  I'd get the KZ HDS1 & ROCK Zircons...both excellent for the money and different enough to give you options. BTW I also listen to Metal, Rock & Classical.

Ahh , interesting, I look'd into the Zircons , I love the design , and how do the zircons fair against KZ-ZS1 ? And niiice to know that you also listen to all those genres ! 

Nov 17, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #7,532 of 63,998
Yes there is a significant difference. Starting with the ATE, it's a nice phone, nice enough th have 2 pair but I primarily use the for sports and yard work. They're comfortable easy to drive, easy to use but I find that the are a little veiled. The Zn1's on the other hand have a larger sound stage and better detail. They are much harder to drive amd to wear. Now a little explination, I love my Havi b3p1's sound signature so bought Zn1's in lookjng for a kz in that range over time it necame very close. But the amp/eq doesn't lend itself to all around use. Bought the Zs1's hoping to find that signature in something easier to use. Tips can be an issue finally found what worked for me. But lots of effort and time but they sound very nice with a similar sound to the Zn1's the difference being ( something I probably wouldn't notice if I didn't use the Havi's and Zn1's daily) is that the have what I can knly describe as thinner sound. it's all there jhst not quite as rich as the Zn1's which aren't quite as rich as the Havi's. The Zn's I describe as 90 to 95% of the Havi's the Zs are 90% of the Zn1's. So yes the sounds better than the ATE they're just hard to get right and for me not a simple throw em on and go but for $12 they're very good they just don't fit that "use everywhere anytime that the ATE and the Havi's ( Havi's are to nice ok and expensive, for some situations) So if you can swing it get both, I think you'll enjoy the Zs mkre but use the ATE more often. Sorry for the length of the answer.

Bro ,I appreciate it  got a lot of insight ,well I would love to get both but my pocket isn't going to like that ( undergrad student I am always poor) , but yeah I''ll definitely get both of them ,I think I'll order the ATE first  , I use a lot of public transportation and go around places , so it would suit better , I think IF I am able to safe more money I would definitely get the ZS1s too.  

Nov 17, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #7,534 of 63,998

Ahh , interesting, I look'd into the Zircons , I love the design , and how do the zircons fair against KZ-ZS1 ? And niiice to know that you also listen to all those genres ! 

I'd hold off on the ATE...I have them, I like them but the HDS1 is better IMHO and prob cheaper too. The HDS1 resolves detail a bit better than Zircon but Zircon has more low end. Zircon are flat out fun to listen to. The HDS1 is like a ED9 that is lighter and more comfy. 
ATE is smooth but dark and design is a pain IMO. I have the ZS1 ordered but not in yet. 

Nov 18, 2015 at 3:12 AM Post #7,536 of 63,998
Ordered the KZ ED10 with foam tips from here . Hopefully they will fit better than the KZ ATE. 
L3000.gif

Nov 18, 2015 at 4:41 AM Post #7,537 of 63,998
Hi,
My first post here. I would like to buy KZ earphones from Aliexpress, but I can't decide which model to buy. I listen to Rock and Heavy Metal music. I recently bought JVC HA-FX1X from Aliexpress, but I didn't like them. That earphones had a good bass, but no mids, only trebles which caused a headache :) . So, I would like to hear your suggestions on this KZ earphones. I liked KZ X6 http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/KZ-R3-Metal-Version-Linear-HIFI-Fever-Earplugs-In-ear-Headphones-Professional-Sound-Quality-Heavy-Bass/1246446_32317352219.html .
Thank you. :)

Nov 18, 2015 at 4:45 AM Post #7,538 of 63,998
Hi,
I would like to buy this KZ earphones from Aliexpress, but i can't decide which model. I like KZ X6, but I don't know. I listen to Rock and Heavy Metal. I would like to hear your suggestions. :)
Thanks. 

Nov 18, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #7,539 of 63,998
  Hi,
I would like to buy this KZ earphones from Aliexpress, but i can't decide which model. I like KZ X6, but I don't know. I listen to Rock and Heavy Metal. I would like to hear your suggestions. :)
Thanks. 

I like my EDse's from a Clip at the gym where I listen to a lot of heavier music.
etysmile.gif

At home I like ED9 & HDS1... and if I want it a little darker sound with less highs I use ATE.

Don't forget those Rock Zircons...

Nov 18, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #7,541 of 63,998
Just to add weight to the discussion. I'd also recommend the Ed9's 10's and Edse. The Ate as mentioned are darker, less detailed. If your new to Kz's in general, I recommend the Ed9's, the signature is is tunable ( switchable nozzels) with a very nice range. They work well with a variety of different music genre's. Between the other two the Edse's are nice and small ( Kz does micro drivers very well) and have a nice energetic signature. They edge out to Ed10 by a little for me anyway.

Nov 18, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #7,542 of 63,998
I'd look at ed9,10,or ate. Much better performers than x6. I only use those for yard work

Hey raybone0566 have you heard the HDS1? If so impressions...

Nov 18, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #7,543 of 63,998

Yes please. You have a deft touch in describing these and how they fit with the rest of the line.

Nov 18, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #7,544 of 63,998
I've got them, but honestly haven't spent much time with them. I can tell you they have retry good detail. Not a bass head earphone but enough for my personal tastes. Imuch prefer detail over bass slam these days. I'll bring hds1 to work tomorrow & post some more thoughts. I do prefer them over x6 though.

Nov 18, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #7,545 of 63,998

I know you asked RayBone but I have been listening to my HDS1's a lot and on my tour N5 they were very sweet and articulate, not quite as bright as my ED9's but still let all that mid section take the lead. Bass is not thump but true. For me they are like a Jr. version of the ED9 although I've ordered the ED9 youth to see what that's all about as well I mean by the title you would think the ED9 youth is the Jr. version
rolleyes.gif
Like all the sub $15 KZ's they are well worth the money IMHO
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back